+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Yeah they promised to send it but lots of people dont get it. You can easily download it online.
I think it gets mailed out only when someone selects correspondence by mail - for those who opt with email, it is not mailed out. However, anyone can also put in a request to have it mailed for free - the link is on the CIC website through a third party. I can try and find the link again. It was very quick and free.

jad_122

Dec 19, 2019
Ah shoot. That sucks - that is so minor why is IRCC so anal. Thinking of your situation, I may have done something that an officer may find issue with.

So my eligibility period is from Feb 10-2015 to Feb 10-2020. But in the taxes section 12b, I entered the tax years as 2018 to 2014 - all 5 years with required to file yes and taxes filed yes.

I missed out even mentioning 2019 as I forgot about it as I had not filed those taxes yet. Possibility of it being returned is there. I realize the requirements are to file taxes for 3 out of the 5 years, so with 2015 to 2018 I have 4 years which qualify me.
Yeah i believe you need just need 3

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
In Process March 5th , just FYI for all I had changed my legal name basically added family name so when i was checking the status online it was with my old name till it was application received but now I need to enter my new legal family name when the application has moved to In Process, it gave me a scare since suddenly after AOR my status couldn't be found :)

Reactions: taivoi

Eyesburn18

Dec 8, 2014
I received my FP request by physical mail and went to RCMP to do the FP. RCMP does not know the right address where to send the results so they told me that they will just send it to my address so that I can send it to CIC.

Can you please advise what is the correct address to send the FP results? Thanks in advance!!!

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Ah shoot. That sucks - that is so minor why is IRCC so anal. Thinking of your situation, I may have done something that an officer may find issue with.

So my eligibility period is from Feb 10-2015 to Feb 10-2020. But in the taxes section 12b, I entered the tax years as 2018 to 2014 - all 5 years with required to file yes and taxes filed yes.

I missed out even mentioning 2019 as I forgot about it as I had not filed those taxes yet. Possibility of it being returned is there. I realize the requirements are to file taxes for 3 out of the 5 years, so with 2015 to 2018 I have 4 years which qualify me.
I don't think you need to worry, as you have 4 years of taxes to show.

On another note my strategy worked, i received an AOR today :)

Reactions: kunishsa

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Sent mine on December 30th
Citizenship application - Adult
Ottawa, ON
Physical Presence: 1,673 days
Application sent: December 30th, 2019
Expected Delivery:January 06 , 2020
AOR: March 05, 2020
AOR received please update the excel sheet

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
I received my FP request by physical mail and went to RCMP to do the FP. RCMP does not know the right address where to send the results so they told me that they will just send it to my address so that I can send it to CIC.

Can you please advise what is the correct address to send the FP results? Thanks in advance!!!
I read some where, FP result sending to vancouver office, not sure, please send a web form to CIC , that way you will get official answer. Also, on some people posts, they did FP at 3rd party service, they send electronically to RCMP and forward to CiC.
Usually take 30 days for CIC to receive FP, please dont forget to call CiC or send webform to check if they receive it, just in case to make sure everything is in place.

Reactions: Eyesburn18
Mar 2, 2020
Just curious, do all of the citizenship applications go to Sydney, Nova Scotia?

I'm wondering how some people who sent their applications in January already have their AOR, while others in early December still don't.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Just curious, do all of the citizenship applications go to Sydney, Nova Scotia?

I'm wondering how some people who sent their applications in January already have their AOR, while others in early December still don't.
cic do some very early stage screening and checking docs, depend on each application, it may take longer before AOR.