+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I got my up-front remedical exam in Oct 2021, had TB sputum smear and culture result in Dec 2021 and follow up X-ray at beginning of Jan 2022. Then I noticed IRCC about my common-law relationship, got a list of forms to submit which I turned in on Jan 11th. For last few days I have got the confirmation of the receipt of these additional documents for adding my partner and today I got my remedical exam passed.

Bravo126

Jun 19, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I have got my COPR finally. Is it still possible to make a soft landing in Canada and spend 2 weeks there and come back and finalize my stuff in home country prior getting my PR card?
Is it ok that my relative there will send the PR cards via courier?
Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddy_Arora

Alicia Belle

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
I got my up-front remedical exam in Oct 2021, had TB sputum smear and culture result in Dec 2021 and follow up X-ray at beginning of Jan 2022. Then I noticed IRCC about my common-law relationship, got a list of forms to submit which I turned in on Jan 11th. For last few days I have got the confirmation of the receipt of these additional documents for adding my partner and today I got my remedical exam passed.
Huge congratulations to you.

Reactions: haihttran

Alicia Belle

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Congratulations
I got the email that says: “The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.”

I guess that’s the PPR email, my timeline is as follows:
AOR: December 2019
COR: USA
Medicals: January 2020
Medicals expired: December 2020
Medicals renewed automatically on December 2021, I didn’t have to do any remedicals
I got the PPR email February 2022
However, I have a problem with generating the return label I need in order to ship my passport to the VAC office. I called yesterday and today and they said the website is under maintenance but that sounds off that it’s been under maintenance for like three days. Does anyone have a similar issue?
Congratulations! That's the golden mail.

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Are ghost updates coming in form of webform responses? I had received case specific response to old webforms when my medicals were uploaded (13 Dec)and passed (16 Dec)in Dec, I received another random response to a 2 week old webform today, for which I had already received the afghan refugee response. I am being overly optimistic here

ApprovedSince2020

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Are ghost updates coming in form of webform responses? I had received case specific response to old webforms when my medicals were uploaded (13 Dec)and passed (16 Dec)in Dec, I received another random response to a 2 week old webform today, for which I had already received the afghan refugee response. I am being overly optimistic here
I got a response to webform yesterday which I raised on 11th Jan, seems like they now have a backlogs of webform as well

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I have got my COPR finally. Is it still possible to make a soft landing in Canada and spend 2 weeks there and come back and finalize my stuff in home country prior getting my PR card?
Is it ok that my relative there will send the PR cards via courier?
Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks

YEs to all your questions.

However, when the PR card is shipped make sure that appropriate authorization documents are added. If confiscated, you will have to apply for PRTD, return to Canada and then you can submit a form to CBSA asking for a release of your PR card. There is no penalty and it is not a criminal offence, but on a case by case basis, CBSA may confiscate immigration documents that are shipped without authorization and create probable cause or suspicion of immigration fraud.

Reactions: Maddy_Arora

Bravo126

Jun 19, 2020
YEs to all your questions.

However, when the PR card is shipped make sure that appropriate authorization documents are added. If confiscated, you will have to apply for PRTD, return to Canada and then you can submit a form to CBSA asking for a release of your PR card. There is no penalty and it is not a criminal offence, but on a case by case basis, CBSA may confiscate immigration documents that are shipped without authorization and create probable cause or suspicion of immigration fraud.
Thanks @legalfalcon for your reply.
Can you please tell me that what authorization documents would be needed?
Thanks

Eddyfrank

Sep 26, 2015
Congratulations to all who recieved PPRs lately.

I can't seem to understand how IRCC operates. I am a December 2019 still waiting for PPR while there are AORs in late 2020 getting PPRs. Replied to ADR (schedule À for PA and spouse) 30 November 2021, remeds passed 7 December but no PPR till date. What is the logic on how they operate?
Really feeling depressed right now. So much time and resources dedicated, lives virtually on hold for more than 2 years.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019

I can't seem to understand how IRCC operates. I am a December 2019 still waiting for PPR while there are AORs in late 2020 getting PPRs. Replied to ADR (schedule À for PA and spouse) 30 November 2021, remeds passed 7 December but no PPR till date. What is the logic on how they operate?
Really feeling depressed right now. So much time and resources dedicated, lives virtually on hold for more than 2 years.
AOR Dec 1, 2019. COPR expired, no UE or medical request yet :(

adipdaniel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
@legalfalcon and other members
I had added my child to my PR application and completed upfront medicals for my child on Dec 20 2021. I received a request letter asking for IMM5406 form for my spouse which I promptly submitted within couple of days. Post that till today whenever I checked my profile, the PR application Current Status would read " Your action is required" and on further going inside to the Details about your Application status part, the Review of Additional documents line would show - "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.".

Today when I logged in and checked my profile the PR application Current Status changed to read " Your application has been updated". However the Review of Additional documents part still showed as - "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.". I had again logged out and once again after logging in the status again changed back to "Your action is required" with no new messages in my inbox. Also the Review of Additional documents part still showed as - "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details."

Wanted to check if this is a Ghost Update and also why the PR application status has reverted to its earlier state. Is it a good sign or not so good sign. Will this mean I have to submit more additional documents, or if the application is nearing final status. Your comments and views would be really helpful.

Alicia Belle

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021

I believe you will get it anytime from now.