Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I had a query regarding employer specific work permit application. My employer seems willing to offer me a role at its Canadian office. But has not provided me an offer letter. To complete the proceedings or application for work permit, is the offer letter required before applying.

Can you help clarify?

If it helps I am a PR applicant as well and as per GCMS notes, my application is approved as per the note in the 2nd page of GCMS.
To apply for a work permit you will need the following:

• a job offer
  • a employment contract
  • a copy of the LMIA, and
  • the LMIA number
See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=163&top=17

If your job is exempt from LMIA, then too the employer has to provide a proof for the same, see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment.html#do_you_nedd_LMIA

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Hello Group members!!
Please let me know that when we receive a COPR, as per the current COVID-19 situation, how long we will have time to complete the landing formalities?? (from date of receiving COPR to last date to complete the landing)?? I am a PNP outland applicant and currently asked for re-medicals by IRCC. Hoping that if I submit the same, I will get PPR followed by COPR. But It would be helpful for me to have a broader timeframe to complete the landing formalities when a COPR is received as my doctoral thesis submission will take 6 more months and I am planning to fly then after.

your feedback and information are most valued. Please help me!!

I believe that People with valid COPR on or before March 18, 2021 (for PR Application) only can travel as of now.

You can check for eligibility of Travel using : https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Actually this will depend on Case to Case basis - If you are Exempt from Travel Restrictions, you can travel.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019

Meera dixit

Mar 19, 2021
Can they even do such thing? There must be thousands of applicants, they might end up in big trouble of anything like this happens.

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
There might be the possibility of Good News because IRCC have published a notice for In Progress Applications in which they have suggested people to collect required documents because they will no longer be automatically extending deadlines for submitting the required supporting documentation

Hope some good news will come soon, Thousands are waiting for that :)
This is great news!!!!

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
dec 2019 post are still on the front page. it's a shame to ircc.

heaps of people from 2019 are still waiting for ppr.

and we deserve it
I agree. Its plain sad! Whats more annoying was seeing them process US-based applicants when the pandemic was at its peak and leave out the rest of the world where the cases were lesser compared to the US.

Meera dixit

Mar 19, 2021
There might be the possibility of Good News because IRCC have published a notice for In Progress Applications in which they have suggested people to collect required documents because they will no longer be automatically extending deadlines for submitting the required supporting documentation

Hope some good news will come soon, Thousands are waiting for that :)
I am a little confused here, can you clarify please what is it they want to say?

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
I am a little confused here, can you clarify please what is it they want to say?
IRCC have published a Notice for People whose Applications are In Progress and IRCC is saying that "IRCC will no longer be automatically extending deadlines for submitting the required supporting documentation However, IRCC will continue to provide deadline extensions to clients who are still unable to provide required documentation due to COVID‑19 disruptions " because "As most IRCC offices, visa application centres (VACs) around the world, and application support centers (ASCs) in the United States have reopened, many applicants can now provide the supporting documents needed for IRCC to process their application "

Kindly go through below notice from IRCC, you will get more details on this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html

Last edited:

adipdaniel

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
It is not directly available in India using Google Play Store Search but you can directly click on the link.

for more details to call IRCC - please go through below post in which I have described everything in past.

Hope this would help.
Thanks for the guidance. However I tried textnow but when I tried to type the area code to get the number, it's throwing an error that "No numbers can be found, please try again." Tried with all Canada area codes. Can you please help on how to resolve this. I am trying thru talku app to get a number for $2.

Also as I am from india, when I call ircc should I tell them tht it's me whose calling and I've come to Canada for work or something, in case they ask how come I am calling from a Canadian number. Or do I say tht I'm a relative of the applicant and I have called to find out the status on their behalf. Kindly guide.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for the guidance. However I tried textnow but when I tried to type the area code to get the number, it's throwing an error that "No numbers can be found, please try again." Tried with all Canada area codes. Can you please help on how to resolve this. I am trying thru talku app to get a number for $2.

Also as I am from india, when I call ircc should I tell them tht it's me whose calling and I've come to Canada for work or something, in case they ask how come I am calling from a Canadian number. Or do I say tht I'm a relative of the applicant and I have called to find out the status on their behalf. Kindly guide.
No, u never lie. Tell them it's u. And they'll ans ur questions. If they do ask how u r able to call when u r outside Canada. Again tell them the truth. don't say it's a relative of the applicant. Anyways, they won't give any info to a relative without any authorization

Reactions: Twee

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019

The App might be detecting you location and was not allowing you to create Number.
(Try using the App without Location Permission given)

If this will not work then try to use WebSite to Create an Account and same can be used to login on App.

You can Sign Up using : https://www.textnow.com/signup

I believe They would not ask about the Number/Location you are calling from. But they will ask you the details which are on your file or application to confirm your identity before providing any Application related information.
for e.g. - Your Mobile Number, Name (Primary/Dependent), Current/Permanent Address, Application Number UCI etc.

If they ask then anything then you should always answer with correct details. lying will may cost you the fortune. so better not to lie.