Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you so much for your response,I deeply appreciate. I also want to ask that seeing the recent trends, that is after eligibility passed and security valid,if there is a medical extension or remedical,it means ppr is next. I really wish I'm correct. Please can you put me through on this. Thank you so much

If your medicals are about to expire or have expired, medicals have to be valid when you submit the application as well as when you land, IRCC will send your medicals for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer who will make a determination whether to extend it to ask for remeds.

This is usually done during final review, before PPR is sent.

Reactions: JerryAnn

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
One quick question. I'm in the same situation. My girlfriend is in Canada studying. We have been in a relationship for at least 1.5 year. In the middle she moved to Canada to study. When I submitted my application I was not in a relationship so I didn't declare it to IRCC. After I got into the relationship I also did not declare it to IRCC because I was not sure about how I feel and after a while I was just quite positive I'm gonna get my PR soon so again I waited but came the pandemic and everything was blown. Given that, can I apply on compassionate grounds? Won't IRCC ask why I didn't let them know about my girlfriend before?

You only have to declare your relationship if you are common law conjugal partners.

Reactions: baarsaam

fctorontowin

Mar 16, 2019
So can I try to push my application on compassionate grounds given that my girlfriend is in Canada?
I'm on the same case as you. I'm a permanent resident of Canada for 1 year now and my girlfriend applied and got approved but she is still waiting for the golden email.

Applying on a compassionate grounds may delay their applications maybe?

Let me know if you get any reliable answers.

Reactions: baarsaam

ABLUCKNOW

Jun 10, 2020
Hi All,

I am AOR 13 Dec 2019 and one of the lot who got PPR from NDVO on 07 Nov 2020. My medical is expiring on 09 Dec 2020 and I have no visibility on whether (1) my medical has been extended or (2) they will ask me to land in Canada before 09 Dec 2020. Any suggestions on how to get this information and can I request medical extension from my side?
I am not in a position to land before 09 Dec as due to personal reasons I need to be present in India for entire December 2020.

They did not ask me to do a re-medical so I am assuming it will be only options 1 or 2 above?

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi All,

I am AOR 13 Dec 2019 and one of the lot who got PPR from NDVO on 07 Nov 2020. My medical is expiring on 09 Dec 2020 and I have no visibility on whether (1) my medical has been extended or (2) they will ask me to land in Canada before 09 Dec 2020. Any suggestions on how to get this information and can I request medical extension from my side?
I am not in a position to land before 09 Dec as due to personal reasons I need to be present in India for entire December 2020.

They did not ask me to do a re-medical so I am assuming it will be only options 1 or 2 above?
First of all congratulations!!
It is highly unlikely that IRCC will ask you to land before 09th Dec as current travel restrictions are still in place till 30th Nov. Hence rest assured your medical has been extended, assuming this would be your first such extension. Per info. doing rounds here, this extension could be for six months and your counterfoil would definitely reflect this when your passport is delivered back to you.
I am Dec 22 2019 AOR and waiting ever since for PPR. Can you confirm whether Final Decision had been conveyed/known to you before your PPR request, either thro' your latest GCMS notes or webform replies or any other communication with IRCC ?

Akki9172

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi All,

I am AOR 27th Dec 2019 FSW and has been waiting like so many people. My Primary office is Vancouver Immigration and Secondary Office is Montreal Immigration and my medicals are expiring on 18th Nov 2020 according to my GCMS notes I ordered a while back. Although there was a ghost update couple of weeks ago but no changes or messages in the profile. I ordered new GCMS notes to see what the change is but its been more than 1 month no update on the notes yet they said it might be delayed. It might be the address update as I travelled to India from USA in beginning September and updated the address via webform. Now I am planning to go back to USA in about couple of weeks as my employer wants be back in the country now and have to again update the address.

My question is if anybody has any idea how much time does the address update takes and also since there is no communication from IRCC regarding extension of medicals I feel like I have to initiate communication with them. What can be the best possible way for that webform or on call? Please any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
If your medicals are about to expire or have expired, medicals have to be valid when you submit the application as well as when you land, IRCC will send your medicals for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer who will make a determination whether to extend it to ask for remeds.

This is usually done during final review, before PPR is sent.
@legalfalcon thank you very much for your response. One more question please. Is there any condition that may warrant extension of the medical not to be granted despite that medicals had been initially passed. I learnt those who had visited high risk countries in the last 6 months or those from high risk countries are sometimes not granted. Please help to clarify this also. Thanks

ABLUCKNOW

Jun 10, 2020
First of all congratulations!!
It is highly unlikely that IRCC will ask you to land before 09th Dec as current travel restrictions are still in place till 30th Nov. Hence rest assured your medical has been extended, assuming this would be your first such extension. Per info. doing rounds here, this extension could be for six months and your counterfoil would definitely reflect this when your passport is delivered back to you.
I am Dec 22 2019 AOR and waiting ever since for PPR. Can you confirm whether Final Decision had been conveyed/known to you before your PPR request, either thro' your latest GCMS notes or webform replies or any other communication with IRCC ?
The final decision was not conveyed in any form. My GCMS notes from October confirmed that Eligibility, Criminality were passed and Security, Final Decision were "BLANK". Then on 07th Nov I received the passport request mail.

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi All,

I am AOR 27th Dec 2019 FSW and has been waiting like so many people. My Primary office is Vancouver Immigration and Secondary Office is Montreal Immigration and my medicals are expiring on 18th Nov 2020 according to my GCMS notes I ordered a while back. Although there was a ghost update couple of weeks ago but no changes or messages in the profile. I ordered new GCMS notes to see what the change is but its been more than 1 month no update on the notes yet they said it might be delayed. It might be the address update as I travelled to India from USA in beginning September and updated the address via webform. Now I am planning to go back to USA in about couple of weeks as my employer wants be back in the country now and have to again update the address.

My question is if anybody has any idea how much time does the address update takes and also since there is no communication from IRCC regarding extension of medicals I feel like I have to initiate communication with them. What can be the best possible way for that webform or on call? Please any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
If you move permanently again back to the US (or you'll be there for a while), it's fine to update your address again. No one knows what they do with webform of change of address. I changed mine a few months ago but then on the note I last ordered, it wasn't updated!!! there was a GU a day after that then silence, I assumed that they updated my address or prob reassessed my medical, but I sent in another webform to "remind" them that I had updated my address. We will see what happens
By the way, my medical will be expired soon too, I think we should just wait to see what they say. You can try to call them or send inquiries but their response is really generic these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akki9172