+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Well, my application has been stuck at eligibility verifying for few months and 2 GCMS requests have not yielded any result since April. However, I am still trying to keep my sanity and try to work out everyday since I don’t wanna go to Canada as a psycho or an obese dude LoL. I haven’t worked since last September due to my urgent family business but it seems like I will have to find some temporary job in order to keep my time well-spending and to save some extra money. As long as our applications have not been rejected, it still means that they are in progress.

It’s tough for everyone here, my friends. Either you are waiting for PPR or are just worrying about eligibility/criminality/security screening, remember you are still on your way. Honestly, I know the feelings of other FSW guys waiting desperately in the pool now since even though they have enough CRS scores to get the ITAs immediately, they stil have to wait again and again.

It’s an unpredictable year of 2020. We’re still lucky enough to be free from being infected nevertheless.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
We have a saying in my country: when you hand in tiger mouth, you take your time amd draw it out. This means that when you have less power, you trod carefully as you dont want to upset the balance too much.

People can post here until *the cows come home* but IRCC will continue doing what they feel is best. I felt impatient when I was waiting for my PR and obsessively wondered when my case would be cleared BUT I never thought to write petitions about it. I think it is prudent to remain patient and hope for the best.

Each immigrant's story is different as well as the choices made. Apart from this apparent freeze on outlanders, ppl with study permits have been waiting as well.

IRCC is only ONE arm of the entire government. What if they decide to freeze incoming migrants for the rest of the year? The reality is that Covid cases have been flaring up again and there is a spike in some sections of Ontario. While some categories of visa holders are being allowed in, a wide scale opening doesnt seem the responsible thing to do right now.
I went to my sons school today and they still.couldnt tell me if the children will be allowed in school for September. What I'm saying is, the only thing constant is change. Things will never remain the same-plans change and so should we. We have to adapt in order to be able to make it. What will happen when some people get here and the job market/salary isn't what was expected? When the quality of life back home was better and life in Canada is taking time to pick up. Am I saying not to come? Definitely Not! All I'm saying is that many disappointments will come and if you cant stand the waiting now-what about when you get here and have to wait on soemthing else?
IRCC owes us nothing- we all just have to hope for the best - as with anything else in life.

Sending positive thoughts to those still waiting. Peace.

meiqian

Jun 2, 2019
anyone know how many offshore people are waiting for PPR? coz i believe they didn't have FSW draws for some time.

wondering if IRCC may put an exemption on us, like those who got PPR before mid March?

Reactions: Lithin

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
IRCC has communicated their intentions. It might have not been said directly BUT they haven't issued any COPR for Outlander and have only issued ITAs to CEC/PNP classes since March. They have spoken , it's just not what some people want to hear. Not everything in life has to be clearly stated- you watch people's action and plan accordingly. One huge cultural thing in Canada is them not wanting to be rude and they wont always be direct. What I'm saying is - IRCC has spoken it's just not through the medium we would like. Their silence and other actions says it all.

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
CEC, AOR 26 NOV, PR approved on 8th April, but no COPR. as per GCMS i am in COVID PACE GROUP, lol work permit expires on 4 th July 2020, will apply for PGWP on 2nd July
I believe you are inland based on work permit you are mentioning - Did you try asking why they put you in Covid pace group? My GCMS notes doesn’t show it now, but the nice lady who talked to me yesterday said I am still in that group and not sure whether my assigned agent is working as there are very few staff in place. Mine is still in ready for approval. I wish it is set as approved.

Iam_cracker

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
I believe you are inland based on work permit you are mentioning - Did you try asking why they put you in Covid pace group? My GCMS notes doesn’t show it how, but the nice lady who talked to me yesterday said I am still in that group and not sure whether my assigned agent is working as there are very few staff in place.
I did not call anyone after I got my GCMS- I am inland, and GCMS did mention that the next update will be on 1st July- not sure how they can make an update on a stat holiday. In order to keep my status I have to apply for PGWP, but still I won’t be able to get the PGWP since biometric centres are closed,

EssGee

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Interview........
22-07-2020
Passport Req..
22-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2020
LANDED..........
22-07-2020
I did not call anyone after I got my GCMS- I am inland, and GCMS did mention that the next update will be on 1st July- not sure how they can make an update on a stat holiday. In order to keep my status I have to apply for PGWP, but still I won’t be able to get the PGWP since biometric centres are closed,
My assigned date was June 10th. Nothing happened though after May 12th in my case since they set it as ready for approval. I am inland in work permit valid for more than a year.

If you call them they may be able to guide you with your PGWP biometrics too while you wait for the PR.

All the best!

Last edited:

Sahul

Aug 21, 2019
A glimmer of hope for Outland applicants because IRCC started accepting online visit visas as well.

Sandhya.S

Star Member
May 22, 2020
A glimmer of hope for Outland applicants because IRCC started accepting online visit visas as well.
The website does say that they have resumed the processing for ETA and travel visa, however when I call IRCC the automated message says that if you have applied online post nov 25, 2019 then the processing ha not started yet.
don’t really know what that means.

meiqian

Jun 2, 2019
IRCC has communicated their intentions. It might have not been said directly BUT they haven't issued any COPR for Outlander and have only issued ITAs to CEC/PNP classes since March. They have spoken , it's just not what some people want to hear. Not everything in life has to be clearly stated- you watch people's action and plan accordingly. One huge cultural thing in Canada is them not wanting to be rude and they wont always be direct. What I'm saying is - IRCC has spoken it's just not through the medium we would like. Their silence and other actions says it all.
what's your point then?

They will refuse all offshore people?

Reactions: pop8455

Paddyj66

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi,
When I applied on December 17th I was in Canada working. I left in February for a month holiday and got stranded. I'm now in Australia awaiting copr. Am I outland or inland?

I'm a UK citizen who has been working in Canada for the last 4 years on various temporary work visas.

My application is now over 100% allocated time, by a couple of weeks. I understand corona is effecting everything. Just love some updates.

Sandhya.S

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi,
When I applied on December 17th I was in Canada working. I left in February for a month holiday and got stranded. I'm now in Australia awaiting copr. Am I outland or inland?

I'm a UK citizen who has been working in Canada for the last 4 years on various temporary work visas.

My application is now over 100% allocated time, by a couple of weeks. I understand corona is effecting everything. Just love some updates.
Im in the same situation. You will be considered as inland.