FSW
  • AOR : 20-12-2019
  • FSW-O
  • CPC-Ottawa
  • GU1 was after meds or biometrics in January
  • GU2 : 20-5-2020

Webform reply on 7-june-2020
. The eligibility review is met.
· The security background verification is currently valid.
· The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· The background verifications are currently valid.

Talked to the customer service agent on 18-June-2020. She said, "everything is completed including all stages of background check, and everything looks fine, you need to wait for CoPR, but due to covid-19 situation New Delhi office is currently closed, till further notice".

Webform reply on 29-6-2020
"application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process."

Talked to the customer service agent today (30-6-2020) she said, "Eligibility and background passed, application not yet approved, waiting for the final decision".

How does it look? Is it fine or should I order GCMS?

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
VACs are open in some nations, but, as far as I know, no outland applicant from said nations has been issued PPR/COPR. I think the primary reason for not issuing PPRs to outland applicants is the travel ban, not the closure of VACs. Closure of VACs is the secondary reason.

The best hope, now, is that Canada exempts outland applicants from the travel ban.

Shouldn't we (outland applicants) jointly or individually request IRCC/Immigration Ministry to tell that how, in the light of the extension of the travel ban, they are going to conclude our applications?

We can't keep on waiting helplessly and indefinitely. Enough is enough!
Yeah! Anything is better than nothing!!
Of course travel ban is only reason.....I am consoling myself more in hope than belief ......PPR processing also takes time and during these slow processing days, any time saved is better for outland applicants...
I tried asking IRCC about how they plan to conclude my application given the current scenario and whether they are looking for exempting outland PR applicants from travel ban....NO ANSWER from them, for obvious reasons....

Reactions: BlueLobster

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hello all,
a quick update on our application., we got the gcms notes requested on 15th June.
last note updated on 05/12 mentions : Application appears ready for approval.
AOR: Dec 12 . FSW-O

Regarding travel restrictions, exemptions were made in the month of June for immediate family members . So I would like to believe, similar exemptions will be done for PR applicants as well. :)
We can say we all are one family ;)

Reactions: Bhandohal9

Kamal001

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
This is the response I got today. I am inland. @legalfalcon Please help me understand, is my eligibility under review?
· The application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
· The eligibility review has not been initiated.
· The security background verifications have not been initiated.
· The criminal background verifications are valid.
· The medical examination results on file are valid.

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
A lot of notes, a lot of approved, but look for the notes dates... From February, March , etc... So decision was made before COVID... Sure I am happy for you guys, but there are no new cases approved yet... Looking forward for todays decision about opening borders of Canada!!!
Can you cite any reference for opening canada borders? I cant find any news on this

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I just got the GCMS notes (AOR Dec.17, FSW-O):

Notes 1:
Created Date: 2020/02/17
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: PReVU verified for passport received by CPC-O (Applicant information). Application sent for COPR printing.

Notes 2:
Created Date: 2020/01/27
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
A11.2 : Review Required
R75 : FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required
R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET
FSW Points total : 67
RPRF : Complete

From the Notes 2 and webform result, my eligibility is not passed yet. But this note 1 is confusing with the reference to COPR and that's the last update I had in my app. No progress since Notes 1. Anyone knows what it means 'application sent for COPR printing'?
It looks notes 1 is the most update one, and it looks overrided notes 2. The last few pages of the GCMS should reflect the complete details.

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
This news is still not updated on IRCC and CBSA sites....July 1 re-opening chances are slim though....Next best hope is that travel may be guided from IRCC travel ban but atleast they open Visa Offices and VACs in other countries so that PPR/COPR processing can start (atleast thats what I am pinning for now)
I guess if they started processing PPR/COPR it'll be interpreted as travel ban lifting on the way, so politically I don't think they gonna do it until the ban is lifted as they are now in a COVID dilemma to make any decisions. But things may change if the COVID is under way better control. Just my opinion.

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
VACs are open in some nations, but, as far as I know, no outland applicant from said nations has been issued PPR/COPR. I think the primary reason for not issuing PPRs to outland applicants is the travel ban, not the closure of VACs. Closure of VACs is the secondary reason.

The best hope, now, is that Canada exempts outland applicants from the travel ban.

Shouldn't we (outland applicants) jointly or individually request IRCC/Immigration Ministry to tell that how, in the light of the extension of the travel ban, they are going to conclude our applications?

We can't keep on waiting helplessly and indefinitely. Enough is enough!
I'm on board!

Reactions: BlueLobster

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello all,
a quick update on our application., we got the gcms notes requested on 15th June.
last note updated on 05/12 mentions : Application appears ready for approval.
AOR: Dec 12 . FSW-O

Regarding travel restrictions, exemptions were made in the month of June for immediate family members . So I would like to believe, similar exemptions will be done for PR applicants as well. :)
Good to know they are still working on 5/12 for outlanders!

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I agree!
I know lot of us on here who share the same feeling right now. Many of us have tried to get it touch and get some clarity. However, ircc hasn’t stopped the draws, how are they able to do this with limited staff, why aren’t they trying to finish submitted applications? It’s frustrating because many have passed all the stages and are just waiting for decision for more than a month.
I think they are saying they have a traget quota of 1M immigrants in the following 3 years, their behavior align with it. But why not give some clarity on what they gonna do to outlanders who already have been waiting for really long, let us know so we at least have some plans, is that just so much to ask?!

Reactions: Sandhya.S

BlueLobster

Jun 19, 2020
I agree!
I know lot of us on here who share the same feeling right now. Many of us have tried to get it touch and get some clarity. However, ircc hasn’t stopped the draws, how are they able to do this with limited staff, why aren’t they trying to finish submitted applications? It’s frustrating because many have passed all the stages and are just waiting for decision for more than a month.
Outlanders have only and only two options now: Either wait and watch helplessly and indefinitely or jointly communicate our concerns to Immigration Ministry/IRCC. For the latter thing, we need a leader among outlanders who can bring outlanders on one platform(maybe WhatsApp). Then we can discuss how to communicate our concerns.