+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

matthewhiu

May 6, 2020
Hello,

My AOR is Dec 16. I have submitted two webforms (one on Mar 4 and one on May 7) on the status of the application and I have received the following:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied, o you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
I am wondering what background verification mean in the latter response and how does it associate with eligibility?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
CEC-Outland applicant (currently residing in Canada though)

AOR: 31 Dec 2019
MEP: 21 Jan 2020
RPRF: 27 Jan 2020
BIL: 29 Jan 2020

Webform sent in 1 May 2020, got a response in 6 May 2020:
- Eligibility met.
- Security valid.
- Criminality valid.

My application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

I hope eligibility met means good news!

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
CEC-Outland applicant (currently residing in Canada though)

AOR: 31 Dec 2019
MEP: 21 Jan 2020
RPRF: 27 Jan 2020
BIL: 29 Jan 2020

Webform sent in 1 May 2020, got a response in 6 May 2020:
- Eligibility met.
- Security valid.
- Criminality valid.

My application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

I hope eligibility met means good news!

That's good to see.. Is Ottawa is your primary or secondary visa processing centre?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
That's good to see.. Is Ottawa is your primary or secondary visa processing centre?
I wish I could know whether it is my primary or secondary... Do you know how to find this out? I live in Vancouver at the moment.

What I read about the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario from their website, it says: " The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes: ... permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S." (So the case processing centre in Mississauga and Sydney) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

So the words 'after they have been received and deemed complete', I would assume that my application has moved from visa processing centre to another. But I do not know what is the difference between primary or secondary visa processing centre... I am sorry I cannot help you there :/

pxbhatt01

Aug 16, 2017
I wish I could know whether it is my primary or secondary... Do you know how to find this out? I live in Vancouver at the moment.

What I read about the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario from their website, it says: " The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes: ... permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S." (So the case processing centre in Mississauga and Sydney) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

So the words 'after they have been received and deemed complete', I would assume that my application has moved from visa processing centre to another. But I do not know what is the difference between primary or secondary visa processing centre... I am sorry I cannot help you there :/
I am sure Ottawa is your secondary processing center and you are close to approval now. Primary center for CEC candidates usually is Edmonton and file moves to Ottawa once eligiblity is met.

• Love
Reactions: egam189

Joffin

Aug 31, 2019
Just got off my call to IRCC.

• Eligibility not started
  • background verifications - not initiated.
  • security background verification - not initiated.
  • criminal background verification - in process.

AOR- 20 Dec 2019
Stream: CEC

Weird that eligibility has not started yet. My application centre is Edmonton, Alberta
Same here buddy!

• Sad
Reactions: rafihyd

paolo30

Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just got a message from ircc regarding my eligibility status. it says "eligibility review is valid". If someone has encountered this message from them before, please let me know. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just got a message from ircc regarding my eligibility status. it says "eligibility review is valid". If someone has encountered this message from them before, please let me know. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
go back about 5 pages or so in this thread and read what it says about eligibility met vs passed vs being valid.

• Haha
Reactions: idlevise.mg42

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
I am sure Ottawa is your secondary processing center and you are close to approval now. Primary center for CEC candidates usually is Edmonton and file moves to Ottawa once eligiblity is met.
Thank you for the response! Fingers crossed that PPR will arrive soon... I wonder if CEC applicants who are already in Canada have to wait for the golden email because of covid-19. Just gotta wait and see.

prt123

May 6, 2020
@legalfalcon, I ordered the GCMS notes on January 29, 2020 and then on April 09, 2020. Both the notes are same and update date is on Jan 30, 2020. Does that mean that there has been no progress on my file since Jan 30, 2020? Please advise.

My details are:

AOR: Dec 03, 2019
Medical Passed : Dec 20, 2019
Eligibility:Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started

vis.sneha

Sep 17, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-11-2019
AOR Received.
27-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2020
Hi guys..
Just a kind suggestion. U all can keep signatures with basic information which are asked by people repeatedly and sometimes create confusion. You can refer my signature or similar ones in forum. This will save loads of time. You can keep updating it as your status change.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I ordered the GCMS notes on January 29, 2020 and then on April 09, 2020. Both the notes are same and update date is on Jan 30, 2020. Does that mean that there has been no progress on my file since Jan 30, 2020? Please advise.

My details are:

AOR: Dec 03, 2019
Medical Passed : Dec 20, 2019
Eligibility:Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
What are the dates of generation at the bottom of each note. Also see the last 4-5 pages, where the notes are and see of there has been any movement.

Tyola

Nov 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

This was the response I got after raising a web form. I observed that the agent didn't say anything concerning my Eligibility. Can someone kindly shed more light, does this means eligibility has been passed, or is it that there is something wrong with my eligibility?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

@ legal falcon, please dissect this response for me. thanks

prt123

May 6, 2020
What are the dates of generation at the bottom of each note. Also see the last 4-5 pages, where the notes are and see of there has been any movement.
@legalfalcon - The notes of generation are different on both the GCMS notes, corresponding to the date ordered - April 9th on new ones and Feb 1st on the old ones. On the last 4-5 pages, NOTES are the same on both and no new note after 23/01/2020.

Is it usual though, because the application was processed quickly till Jan 30th and no new updates after that?