17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey Guys
What's the difference between the criminal background and security background?

These are two stages of admissibility that you have to clear, criminality and security. Criminality is based on your PCCs that you submit and security is more in-depth, usually done by CBSA and / or CSIS.

To read on the stages, including criminality see https://bit.ly/3cqS6dd

To read on security, see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

munstergal

Nov 26, 2019
Current situation with my application

AINP EE Inland
EE profile creation: 08/10/2019
CRS: 311
NOC: 6231
NOI received: 24/10/2019
NOI answer: 24/10/2019
Checklist received: 24/10/2019
Documents reached: 8/11/2019
File number received: 19/11/2019
Nomination received: 25/11/2019
ITA: 27/11/2019
Medical Completed: 10/12/2019
Application Submitted: 10/10/2019
AOR: 10/10/2019
Biometrics Completed 06/01/2020
RPRF: 27/01/2019

Applied for BOWP 02/10/2020
BOWP approved 01/05/2020

Webform sent on Wednesday May 6 - response received this morning

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on December 10, 2019.

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.

All in all, things seem to be progressing pretty well.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I just got reply for my webform request which I have raised on last week. It says

- The background verifications are currently valid.
- The security background verifications are currently valid.
- The criminal background verifications are currently valid.

AOR: Dec 05, 2019, CEC-Inland
I have especially asked about eligibility. They didn't mention about eligibility . But based on my last GCMS notes, I believe it should be completed.
Background verification is the same as eligibility. So, they answered it with the first point.

Reactions: pop8455 and sara666

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
FYI....
My friend application and he is not a member here. Applied Dec 09, 2019 (India). Applied GCMS on his behalf after seeing a ghost update and see that it was Approved on April 03 2020. In GCMS i see that they have COPR and Couterfoil (Passport stamping) records created. See that communication was created and cancelled presumably due to Covid-19.
VO - CPC Ottawa

Reactions: Lithin

saddevilblues

Mar 11, 2020
FYI....
My friend application and he is not a member here. Applied Dec 09, 2019 (India). Applied GCMS on his behalf after seeing a ghost update and see that it was Approved on April 03 2020. In GCMS i see that they have COPR and Couterfoil (Passport stamping) records created. See that communication was created and cancelled presumably due to Covid-19.
VO - CPC Ottawa
Same here. Though the record was created on 30th March in my case.

SujiMM

May 12, 2020
Hi guys, I've been checking this forum to see how are other ppl doing. Thank all of you for sharing, it helped me a lot.
Mine was a bit slow too. I was rejected once before, so I was close to giving up.
The medical and biometrics were passed in January then everything else was stuck in processing.
Then I sent a webform last week. This was the reply.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application.

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office reviewed the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.
· The security background verification is currently valid.

Seems like they have gone through with my applications and I can expect good news soon? right? My AOR was on 14th December. I've seen many updates that are similar to mine. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Reactions: dn3

SujiMM

May 12, 2020
Hi guys, I've been checking this forum to see how are other ppl doing. Thank all of you for sharing, it helped me a lot.
Mine was a bit slow too. I was rejected once before, so I was close to giving up.
The medical and biometrics were passed in January then everything else was stuck in processing.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application.

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office reviewed the eligibility requirements under the class for which you have applied. You can expect to be contacted if additional information is necessary.

Seems like they have gone through with my applications and I can expect good news soon? right? My AOR was on 14th December. I've seen many updates that are similar to mine. Fingers crossed for everyone!

btw, my agency checked my status a week before I sent the webform, and everything else was in processing but the medical and biometrics. So this update happened during the past week.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019

Hello, firstly congratulations for not giving up and coming this far.
If you don't mind, why were you rejected in your first application?

SujiMM

May 12, 2020
Hello, firstly congratulations for not giving up and coming this far.
If you don't mind, why were you rejected in your first application?
There was a minor issue with the permanent job offer paper I provided and they were not certain if my employer would keep me for at least 12months after PPR was issued. I got it fixed and reapplied.

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
My status
AINP- EE CEC inland
AOR 8/12/2019
Medicals passed on 2/01/2020
Biometrics 9 January 2020
86% processing
No updates yet.
raised webforms on March 23 and April 20, 2020 - received below reply for both. Applied for GCMS note and waiting.
  • Your file is currently located at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.

perika

Jan 14, 2020
I raised two webforms on the 20th of April and on the 5th of May and got the following responses:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The eligibility review is valid.
  • The security background verification is valid.
  • The criminal background verification is valid.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa, Ontario.

Does this means that all is GOOD?

Last edited:
Reactions: dn3