+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey dear my security started on aug 12 2019 so nov 12 will be 3 months ... how long does it take ?
It takes however long it needs to take. For our application, it's been over 5 months. According to Auditor General Canada's report for 2011, the security screen normally takes 9-18 months.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It takes however long it needs to take. For our application, it's been over 5 months. According to Auditor General Canada's report for 2011, the security screen normally takes 9-18 months.
The question is, do they do security screen for all applicants? Or only certain countries? Or only those that come up with flags from database searches?

Relevant for us as my spouse's background doc did tick off the "ever held any government positions" box. Spouse thought that was overstating as it was first job out of university, analyst-level, and many years ago. I felt was more important to be exact and not get caught up on any inadvertent misstatements. But the position definitely did not meet any definition of 'official' of a foreign government.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
The question is, do they do security screen for all applicants? Or only certain countries? Or only those that come up with flags from database searches?

Relevant for us as my spouse's background doc did tick off the "ever held any government positions" box. Spouse thought that was overstating as it was first job out of university, analyst-level, and many years ago. I felt was more important to be exact and not get caught up on any inadvertent misstatements. But the position definitely did not meet any definition of 'official' of a foreign government.
No, IRCC will not do security screen for all applicants. I believe most applicants will not go security screen but only criminality check and normal security check. I believe it is based on specific country and specific applicants. Depending on which countries, holding position in government, political organization, military service, intelligence agencies etc. will trigger security screen.

Reactions: armoured

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Have a look at posts on the January 2019 outland sponsorship. People there saying the progress bar in their online account has disappeared also. Think it's a good sign !!!

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Hey
I noticed mine was removed today. Yesterday it was showing 42 days but today there’s nothing. I wonder why ?
Mine too I don’t know what’s happening