+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

helen86

Nov 6, 2018
CIC don’t work weekends anyway so you’re best just calling the doctor on Monday and asking them for the documents / question them whether it was uploaded via eMedical in March.

Have you looked at ECAS? Does it have a line saying Medical received?
No line in ECAS either. They did go on after that asking for biometrics and other settlement info though so after receiving the email from them march 29th saying that they had the medical results I didnt think anything of it. I have the email receipt the Dr sent stating it had been sent and a summary of the medical too to prove it was done within the 30 days. Just annoying that we were given false information that could have delayed our application by months! There is no other way to contact anyone to check they have it or not?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
No line in ECAS either. They did go on after that asking for biometrics and other settlement info though so after receiving the email from them march 29th saying that they had the medical results I didnt think anything of it. I have the email receipt the Dr sent stating it had been sent and a summary of the medical too to prove it was done within the 30 days. Just annoying that we were given false information that could have delayed our application by months! There is no other way to contact anyone to check they have it or not?
You can call the call center between 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday (GMT -4 I believe) and ask an agent. From New Zealand you’ll need to find a method of calling international for free:
  • +1 613 944 4000
Skype has a calling function and if you google you may be able to find a method of calling Canada for free. It’s a bit hit and miss and I found Thursday / Friday were your best bets at getting through to an agent.

Again, you’re a bit stuck till Monday, so I’d call the docs first and get the documents to send via webform.

helen86

Nov 6, 2018
You can call the call center between 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday (GMT -4 I believe) and ask an agent. From New Zealand you’ll need to find a method of calling international for free:
  • +1 613 944 4000
Skype has a calling function and if you google you may be able to find a method of calling Canada for free. It’s a bit hit and miss and I found Thursday / Friday were your best bets at getting through to an agent.

Again, you’re a bit stuck till Monday, so I’d call the docs first and get the documents to send via webform.
Thank you I will look into that if I get no joy from the Drs on monday - such a frustrating hurdle! I will ask for all my docs from DR and send them myself for peace of mind. Great advice :) This process is long and stressful isnt it! I already did this once with New Zealand residency (I am british) and it was far more straight forward!

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Thank you I will look into that if I get no joy from the Drs on monday - such a frustrating hurdle! I will ask for all my docs from DR and send them myself for peace of mind. Great advice :) This process is long and stressful isnt it! I already did this once with New Zealand residency (I am british) and it was far more straight forward!
Yeah... they really need to move to an online system which you can send the application / see live updates and manage documents etc all in one space. Basically GCKEY with a bit more oomph :p

It’s all disjointed with webforms, GCKEY, ECAS :rolleyes:

Fellow Brit here, I’m waiting for my COPR to be sent out now, already in Canada with my girls.

Shingler23

Feb 21, 2019
Over 12 weeks and still no movement on our file. No updates on GCKey or Ecas :( still awaiting file transfer.

Thinking of requesting GCMS notes as when phoning CIC they don’t tell you any info that you need.

Application recieved 17/12/18
AOR 12/02/19
SA 26/03/19
AOR 2
DM
Preq
Prec
COPR
Biometrics request 19/02/19
Biometrics complete 21/02/19
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19
Medical passed 25/02/19

Application step Current status on GCKey

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Completed.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

zain86

May 6, 2019
Over 12 weeks and still no movement on our file. No updates on GCKey or Ecas :( still awaiting file transfer.

Thinking of requesting GCMS notes as when phoning CIC they don’t tell you any info that you need.

AOR 12/02/19
SA 26/03/19
AOR 2
DM
Preq
Prec
COPR
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19
Medical passed 25/02/19

Review of eligibility
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Completed.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same :)

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019

AOR 12/02/19
SA 26/03/19
AOR 2
DM
Preq
Prec
COPR
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19
Medical passed 25/02/19

Review of eligibility
Biometrics Completed.

Same here :D

Reactions: zain86

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019

AOR 12/02/19
SA 26/03/19
AOR 2
DM
Preq
Prec
COPR
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19
Medical passed 25/02/19

Review of eligibility
Biometrics Completed.
PA from which country?

zohra208

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019

AOR 12/02/19
SA 26/03/19
AOR 2
DM
Preq
Prec
COPR
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19
Medical passed 25/02/19

Review of eligibility
Biometrics Completed.
Same here
Hopefully month of June will bring us some updates regarding our application

Reactions: zain86

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
My husband received his COPR yesterday morning, so I guess we've well and truly made it to the finish! Still kinda hard to believe we're all done, but I'm super grateful we got through in such a timely fashion and we can land in time for my husband to start school. Here's proof that there's hope for those of us who don't get transferred to CPC-M after all. Thanks to everyone for their support and advice during this process, and I'll be crossing my fingers for a speedy finish for everyone still waiting!

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
My husband received his COPR yesterday morning, so I guess we've well and truly made it to the finish! Still kinda hard to believe we're all done, but I'm super grateful we got through in such a timely fashion and we can land in time for my husband to start school. Here's proof that there's hope for those of us who don't get transferred to CPC-M after all. Thanks to everyone for their support and advice during this process, and I'll be crossing my fingers for a speedy finish for everyone still waiting!
@schweisy, congratulations!
So happy for you both.
Thank you very much for being active here, for your help, support, optimism and jokes! ;) It was a pleasure during these looooooong, endless :eek: months to see your posts;)
Wish all the best to your family!

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018

AOR 12/02/19
SA 26/03/19
AOR 2
DM
Preq
Prec
COPR
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19
Medical passed 25/02/19

Review of eligibility
Biometrics Completed.
Only 2 months in and you were already at that stage. I'd say that it's progressing at lightning speed. At your current point , they usually tell you not to phone them but to communicate with the VO by E-Mail and only as the 12 month limit approaches.

helen86

Nov 6, 2018
Yeah... they really need to move to an online system which you can send the application / see live updates and manage documents etc all in one space. Basically GCKEY with a bit more oomph :p

It’s all disjointed with webforms, GCKEY, ECAS :rolleyes:

Fellow Brit here, I’m waiting for my COPR to be sent out now, already in Canada with my girls.
Excellent! Shouldnt be long for that then :) So nice that you are already there.

Reactions: JoshC