+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hi All, I think this will be a Good News for those who are waiting for file transfer from CIO Sydney.
I have submitted my Application : Dec 6th 2018. Sponsorship Approval : 19th Feb 2019, Medical Passed : 25th Feb 2019 till then my file has not been transfered from CIO Sydney.
But today my Background status changed to : We are Processing your Background check
That means they are processing our applications in Sydney itself without transfer.
Do anyone got this update. Thought it will helps in relieving some stress in the waiting game.
Not sure how true that is.

I know that mine read as that before my file was transfered and still reads as that right now even thought Status in ECAS say Decision Made

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
@schweisy how is your application coming along?

We just recieved letter of request from vienna!! We are super excited :)

Thank you for your help hope everything is moving along well.

zain86

May 6, 2019
Hi All, I think this will be a Good News for those who are waiting for file transfer from CIO Sydney.
I have submitted my Application : Dec 6th 2018. Sponsorship Approval : 19th Feb 2019, Medical Passed : 25th Feb 2019 till then my file has not been transfered from CIO Sydney.
But today my Background status changed to : We are Processing your Background check
That means they are processing our applications in Sydney itself without transfer.
Do anyone got this update. Thought it will helps in relieving some stress in the waiting game.
Yes mien is similar time line and bgc started already 2 months now still waiting for DM and ppr hopefully soon!!:)

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello friends

I have some good news but i need your help.

I have recieved a letter of request today letting me know that my application has reached the final stage which is amazing news considering our Application was recieved Dec 17 and its only May 8. I am shocked and grateful with this time frame.

I need help with the following point in the letter

2. Validity of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form (IMM-5688)

The issuance of your immigrant visa and/or of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form (IMM- 5688) is time sensitive so it is important for you to act quickly upon receipt of this letter. Please note that the validity of your IMM-5688 is limited by the validity of your medical results or the validity of your passport (or of one of your accompanying dependent), whichever is shortest. Once you receive your IMM-5688, please check the information on it to make sure it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform the Immigration Section of the Embassy of Canada in Vienna immediately and we will confirm if reprinting is necessary. Please note that IRCC follows strict guidelines to record names in its database and that we may not be able to accommodate personal preferences. You must travel to Canada and present your IMM-5688 at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. Once issued, the validity of your IMM-5688 cannot be extended except in very specific circumstances, which may require us to reopen your application and undertake new assessments. Consequently, if you fail to enter Canada before your IMM-5688 expires and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you may have to reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application will be successful.

What is this form and when will it be sent to me because the letter of request states i need to submit my passport within 30 days. However this point is confusing because it states i have to travel to canada before expiry date. Help me understand this and if i need to act in regards to this point of the letter and is this separate from the passport submission

Thank you in advance
Congratulations!

Reactions: Xipijeta

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Good morning,

Just curious do you need to submit the Receipt of Permanent Residence fee with the passport request. I paid for it at the beginning when i submitted the application and included the receipt in order of the checklist.

To be safe i would include it again and avoid having any problems and avoid having to ask this question but i am having trouble finding the receipt. So i am wondering would they already have that on file and not neccessary to submit it again.

Here is what it reads:

Gather all the necessary documents as applicable (passport-sized photographs, passport or copy of passport, copy of receipt for RPRF payment, printout of the first page only of this letter) and write a covering letter (confirming your mailing address).

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Good morning,

Just curious do you need to submit the Receipt of Permanent Residence fee with the passport request. I paid for it at the beginning when i submitted the application and included the receipt in order of the checklist.

To be safe i would include it again and avoid having any problems and avoid having to ask this question but i am having trouble finding the receipt. So i am wondering would they already have that on file and not neccessary to submit it again.

Here is what it reads:

Gather all the necessary documents as applicable (passport-sized photographs, passport or copy of passport, copy of receipt for RPRF payment, printout of the first page only of this letter) and write a covering letter (confirming your mailing address).
Curious also about the covering letter portion. Is it strictly just stating the address or is it a cover letter similar to job application. How long should this be

kishvih

May 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS ----> NDVO
App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-01-2019
File Transfer...
07-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2018
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
HI,

Yesterday i speak to CIC agent. She told me that because of work sharing concept between VO's, CIO sydney is processing some outland applications in CIO sydney itself. Hope without transfer of file everyone should get PPR mail suddenly. Wish everyone best of luck who are on same boat.:)

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
HI,

Yesterday i speak to CIC agent. She told me that because of work sharing concept between VO's, CIO sydney is processing some outland applications in CIO sydney itself. Hope without transfer of file everyone should get PPR mail suddenly. Wish everyone best of luck who are on same boat.:)
Wow that’s some news for all of us with no file transfers

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
HI,

Thank you for sharing this

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
HI,

oh wow! that's new information. Hope to get ppr from Sydney; waiting for file transfer. File received Feb 14th