+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

fancyninjas

Jan 30, 2019
Can someone tell me what this means? I got an email with this:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately with details concerning your situation.
And then it goes on with instructions about spending information about my passport. Am I in the last step before COPR? I didn't need to give biometrics? My application doesn't even say my background check is finished. Is the online application just slow?

I am baffled right now! This was so incredibly fast!

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Can someone tell me what this means? I got an email with this:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately with details concerning your situation.
And then it goes on with instructions about spending information about my passport. Am I in the last step before COPR? I didn't need to give biometrics? My application doesn't even say my background check is finished. Is the online application just slow?

I am baffled right now! This was so incredibly fast!
Congrats! i think this is a passport request! However, if you are from visa exempt country you'd only need to send in passport photocopies.

Congrats Again!!!!

fancyninjas

Jan 30, 2019
Congrats! i think this is a passport request! However, if you are from visa exempt country you'd only need to send in passport photocopies.

Congrats Again!!!!
Oh my goodness! Thank you!
I'm from the US, so I believe I only need to send a photocopy.

Since I'm only sending a photocopy, will it be faster for me then? I'm seeing some people online saying it takes 3 weeks to get their passport back. But I won't need to wait for my passport, so will they send me something in the mail then? Like a PR card?

Reactions: natkat and jaygill

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Oh my goodness! Thank you!
I'm from the US, so I believe I only need to send a photocopy.

Since I'm only sending a photocopy, will it be faster for me then? I'm seeing some people online saying it takes 3 weeks to get their passport back. But I won't need to wait for my passport, so will they send me something in the mail then? Like a PR card?
They Will send you a COPR ( confirmation of Permanent residency) also called landing paper and you will have to take that along with you to port of entry and do your landing.

What's your timeline btw?

Reactions: schweisy

fancyninjas

Jan 30, 2019
They Will send you a COPR ( confirmation of Permanent residency) also called landing paper and you will have to take that along with you to port of entry and do your landing.

What's your timeline btw?
I don't have all my dates but AOR was December 26th, 2018. And literally just got my MEP today along with my PPR.

EDIT: Also, from the US. My husband lives in Canada as a citizen.

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Okay, I'm confused. There is no option for us to send in a passport copy. They are requesting the original passport even though my husband is from a visa-exempt country. We live in Singapore but he's British.

Any ideas?

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Guys. I have fulltime decent job and at the same time I receive Rental Benifitfrom Manitoban Gogvernment. Does this rental benifit called social assistance and disqualify me from sponcoring my wife?

Thank you.

fancyninjas

Jan 30, 2019
Does anyone know how long PPR to COPR generally takes once it arrives at the Ottawa office? Specifically US citizen applicants? I’m seeing a lot of different timelines in these forums.

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hey friends, hoping someone may have some advice/resources to alleviate my anxiety...

We were asked for an additional RCMP fingerprint check soon after receiving AOR1, as hubby previously lived in Canada for 7 years.

Long story short, we have missed the April 1 deadline they set for us. We did submit the check in mid-Feb, and followed up with IRCC several times via calls and webforms, including submitting the receipt by RCMP that the check was submitted and mailed out, but for some reason IRCC has not yet received and/or uploaded it.

On the April 1 deadline, we submitted a third webform acknowledging that it is not shown as received on GCKey, asking for confirmation of whether they received it or not, and asking for an extension if they didn't and we have to resubmit.

We received a response from VO saying that on their end they don't see the check as submitted, but that they will follow up with IRCC in Sydney, NS to check.

I'm feeling anxious that we are just going to receive a message saying our application has been cancelled since we missed the deadline. Am I just being crazy? Like, we've called and webformed several times AND submitted the receipts that we did in fact have the check completed. They have to give us another opportunity to submit if they didn't get it, right?

This whole process has me totally in my own head and I'm doing a great job of convincing myself of worst-case scenarios...

PS, we had the RCMP mail the results directly to IRCC rather than to us as we thought this would save time. If I could do it over again I'd have the results sent directly to me and upload them myself via webform to be sure they were accounted for. Live and learn, I certainly didn't expect mail from the RCMP to not make it to IRCC.

Reactions: RikkiSt

mughira

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Okay, I'm confused. There is no option for us to send in a passport copy. They are requesting the original passport even though my husband is from a visa-exempt country. We live in Singapore but he's British.

Any ideas?
Did you get the file transfer email? Or DM directly after passing the medicals?

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Hey friends, hoping someone may have some advice/resources to alleviate my anxiety...

We were asked for an additional RCMP fingerprint check soon after receiving AOR1, as hubby previously lived in Canada for 7 years.

Long story short, we have missed the April 1 deadline they set for us. We did submit the check in mid-Feb, and followed up with IRCC several times via calls and webforms, including submitting the receipt by RCMP that the check was submitted and mailed out, but for some reason IRCC has not yet received and/or uploaded it.

On the April 1 deadline, we submitted a third webform acknowledging that it is not shown as received on GCKey, asking for confirmation of whether they received it or not, and asking for an extension if they didn't and we have to resubmit.

We received a response from VO saying that on their end they don't see the check as submitted, but that they will follow up with IRCC in Sydney, NS to check.

I'm feeling anxious that we are just going to receive a message saying our application has been cancelled since we missed the deadline. Am I just being crazy? Like, we've called and webformed several times AND submitted the receipts that we did in fact have the check completed. They have to give us another opportunity to submit if they didn't get it, right?

This whole process has me totally in my own head and I'm doing a great job of convincing myself of worst-case scenarios...

PS, we had the RCMP mail the results directly to IRCC rather than to us as we thought this would save time. If I could do it over again I'd have the results sent directly to me and upload them myself via webform to be sure they were accounted for. Live and learn, I certainly didn't expect mail from the RCMP to not make it to IRCC.
Once your application process is underway they cannot 'cancel' your application with little or no warning. According to an agent themselves, IRCC will generally give 2 or 3 attempts / time frames for submission. If you miss the first deadline, generally they'll re-issue a second one with a BFD. They contact you via email and update the online portals as you know. If you miss a deadline, it is up to you to make it known why there has been a delay to avoid any further repercussion. They won't cancel anything without making at least a second attempt with you and IRCC is obligated to hear and consider your reasoning as to why the requirements/deadlines couldn't initially be met by you; try not to worry too much. You're good!