+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
My wife is in Beijing...not a good location considering all the tensions between the two countries:eek:
I wouldn't be too concerned about her location unless she has blond hair and toting a handbag with Canadian flag:eek:
But for you.... With the travel advisory and issues, I would think carefully before traveling to the mainland for now.
Hopefully the process will go as normal

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Congrats to all who have got ppr,dm. :)

To folks whose files have not been transferred. I spoke to a friend of mine who had mentioned who went through this process last year. She mentioned that the transfer email came 1 month after her medical approval.

Although it may be a one off case. I wanted to check and see if anyone else (whose file has not been transferred) got any update.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I am originally from China too and been worried about this all the time. My file was transferred to Missisauga though but i doubt if it would make any difference since the background check will be done by other agencies than VO/CPC.
BGC is beyond control of IRCC. But at least your application is in CPC-M which is a super fast center, so your case would be definitely in a better situation than mine.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Congrats to all who have got ppr,dm. :)

To folks whose files have not been transferred. I spoke to a friend of mine who had mentioned who went through this process last year. She mentioned that the transfer email came 1 month after her medical approval.

Although it may be a one off case. I wanted to check and see if anyone else (whose file has not been transferred) got any update.
No update here. No transfer. BGC not started. Still in Sydney NS. Waiting patiently.... :rolleyes:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I wouldn't be too concerned about her location unless she has blond hair and toting a handbag with Canadian flag:eek:
But for you.... With the travel advisory and issues, I would think carefully before traveling to the mainland for now.
Hopefully the process will go as normal
Thank you! That would be a good excuse if IRCC challenged why I don't visit my wife often enough this year:D But in reality, I think I just too small fish to be interested by anyone in China so I am not afraid travelling.:p

Nidajk

Mar 15, 2019
Let us see if the 1 month thing happens. If that were the case, a bunch of us will get the transfer done in early April (although, this is purely speculative at this point)
Well then in about 2 more weeks we might get an update hopefully!
Has anyone’s application completely processed in Sydney?

Jaskal75

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Yeah. I’m Oct applicant though. There’s a new 2018/2019 Beirut whatsapp group. If you’d like to join, let me know and I’ll send you the link.
Sure if u don't mind sending me the link. How far r u in the sponsorship?

k_dahche

Mar 27, 2019
Got transferred there about a month ago. Biometrics and medical completed. BGC has been processing since AOR1, but deep down I don’t believe it lol

Sending you the link in PM
Hello, do you mind sending the link to me too please.. I am also a Canadian applying from Lebanon and on the same roller coaster lol

Majryk

Feb 28, 2019
The only thing I will add is that the additional information (2nd post) is not necessarily correct. They claim only PA from high approval rate countries are put into the Low risk stream. My PA is from Philippines and we were processed completely in Mississauga and total processing time was only 4 months. It was never transferred to the local VO. I am doubting Philippines made it onto that prestige list of countries :p
Although it does state their triage criteria is subject to change so maybe that list has relaxed since then.

I would speculate triage criteria may contain other things such as time spent living together, age gap, etc. My case was a very simple situation (I lived with my wife in her country for years and still lived with her at the time of the application, we are both young and close in age, etc).
PA also is from Philippines. Our file was transferred to LVO. Was wondering also while some are being transferred and others are not. I've read on other threads those who had previous TRV applications also has an effect of moving your file to local visa office. Most of the files stayed in CPC-M has no history of TRVs. Not sure how true is that though.

Reactions: pinkribbons01

kongara999

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Hello all,

I have a question if CIC asked a letter of explanation, Should we get an affidavit i.e Lawyer and signature stamp on the letter? or just my signature should be enough?
Thanks,

Eighty six

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
PA also is from Philippines. Our file was transferred to LVO. Was wondering also while some are being transferred and others are not. I've read on other threads those who had previous TRV applications also has an effect of moving your file to local visa office. Most of the files stayed in CPC-M has no history of TRVs. Not sure how true is that though.
Not true.. My file was moved in Manila office and I didnt have any TRV application.. And now I'm stuck in BGC

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hello all,

I have a question if CIC asked a letter of explanation, Should we get an affidavit i.e Lawyer and signature stamp on the letter? or just my signature should be enough?
Thanks,
I also got the Request to send all relationship Documents. I already send all the documents with file just not Msg translation in English. I wil resend the Different photos, and bank statements and stuff. How you doing the translation? I am all the msgs or taking screenshot and translating those msg.
Letter says must be accompanied by english or French translation completed by a certified translator and a copy of the original document.

Did anyone who got request have started on this?

Thanks