+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Guys, it's regarding about uploading file in webform. I was having a difficulties upload the biometrics receipt via webform and just phoned them and told me that they're having a problem with the system and it might be fix today or tomorrow or in the near future.
Thank you for sharing the information. It always causes anxiety when there is a technical failure on IRCC's web site. We tend to think it is our problem:p

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
We have had medicals passed for 11 days and no transfer, I am the sponsor living IN Canada; when I called last week, agent told me file has been 'marked' for transfer to Mexico City. No AOR 2 tho. No confirmation of transfer yet. :) (Not complaining, it is what it is ... eventually something will happen.)

Congrats to you! You are lucky. I think we are one of the very last awaiting transfer to VO. However, to test the theory that it's only complex cases taking long time to transfer to VO...our case is seemingly straightforward, first marriage for both, no dependents, LONG relationship history with extensive proof, including reference letters from Members of Parliament (whom I know personally) and other professionals, etc. Great, high profile job on my part.... + Canadian citizen, you'd think it would be straightforward. Fingers crossed for something this week.
Yes, I definitely would emphasize I mean trends -- not a one-size-fits-all means of deciding. There are several people I can think of off the top of my head who don't conform to this, but overall it does give you better than average odds of guessing where someone will end up.

In your case, I think you actually are proving my theory, since you're proceeding according to what I would have predicted (non-visa-exempt PA outside Canada = probably goes to local VO). It's the fact that it's taking so long to actually transfer, even after medicals are completed now, that is the odd part (and I have no theory for... yet :p). Did you hear anything back about the police certificate situation?

starpanda

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
We have had medicals passed for 11 days and no transfer, I am the sponsor living IN Canada; when I called last week, agent told me file has been 'marked' for transfer to Mexico City. No AOR 2 tho. No confirmation of transfer yet. :) (Not complaining, it is what it is ... eventually something will happen.)

Congrats to you! You are lucky. I think we are one of the very last awaiting transfer to VO. However, to test the theory that it's only complex cases taking long time to transfer to VO...our case is seemingly straightforward: first marriage for both, no dependents, LONG relationship history with extensive proof, including reference letters from Members of Parliament (whom I know personally) and other professionals, etc. Great, high profile job on my part + Canadian citizen by birth. You'd think it would be straightforward. Fingers crossed for something this week.
My application is likely heading with yours to Mexico, my husband did his medical last Monday, hoping they are transferred this week! I’m happy that at least we are together in this. My situation is similar to yours as well.

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
So! As predicted, we have been forwarded to Vienna VO. What I find most telling is that I got the transfer email less than three hours after my husband finished his medical appointment (earlier today, eMedical). I know that some are forwarded before medicals, but I find this to be way too big of a coincidence not to be connected.

Now I can only cross my fingers Vienna finds the application from another German-speaking country simple to process... (literally as I type this I'm receiving WhatsApp messages from the Vienna group about how slow it is! :confused:).
@schweisy Who received the transfer email ?

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
@schweisy Who received the transfer email ?
I did (sponsor). My email is also the one connected to GCKey, but I don't think that's related, as the letter was also addressed to me.

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
So! As predicted, we have been forwarded to Vienna VO. What I find most telling is that I got the transfer email less than three hours after my husband finished his medical appointment (earlier today, eMedical). I know that some are forwarded before medicals, but I find this to be way too big of a coincidence not to be connected.

Now I can only cross my fingers Vienna finds the application from another German-speaking country simple to process... (literally as I type this I'm receiving WhatsApp messages from the Vienna group about how slow it is! :confused:).
Good news. Things are moving on..

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Yes, I definitely would emphasize I mean trends -- not a one-size-fits-all means of deciding. There are several people I can think of off the top of my head who don't conform to this, but overall it does give you better than average odds of guessing where someone will end up.

In your case, I think you actually are proving my theory, since you're proceeding according to what I would have predicted (non-visa-exempt PA outside Canada = probably goes to local VO). It's the fact that it's taking so long to actually transfer, even after medicals are completed now, that is the odd part (and I have no theory for... yet :p). Did you hear anything back about the police certificate situation?
Thanks for asking. Yes! He picks up the proper police certificate today. I'll upload on webform this week. These certificates are only valid for 3 months, so even if I did get the correct forms the first time we would have had to re-do it ANYWAY since I submitted the application Nov 30 (it would have been expired by now). It actually was OK that we didn't do it yet. We would have ended up going twice for certificates and who knows... if this process takes really long, in 3 months time they might ask us to re-submit the background check again. (LOL) :D:rolleyes: At least in catching it now, these police certificates will be valid for the next 3 months rather than expired. I guess this is a reason it is suggested to wait until they request forms since bg checks can expire; yet with me being totally over enthusiastic about this, I don't want to give them ANY wiggle-room to delay the process even more; I had to ensure we have the most up-to-date package for them to deal with ahead of them having to ask. ;)o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: schweisy

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015

Congrats to you! You are lucky. I think we are one of the very last awaiting transfer to VO. However, to test the theory that it's only complex cases taking long time to transfer to VO...our case is seemingly straightforward: first marriage for both, no dependents, LONG relationship history with extensive proof, including reference letters from Members of Parliament (whom I know personally) and other professionals, etc. Great, high profile job on my part + Canadian citizen by birth. You'd think it would be straightforward. Fingers crossed for something this week.
Same boat here. Still waiting transfer.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I passed the medicals on Feb 24th . still no news of a transfer. I think they waiting for the VO response to send them the next batch !
Will definitely be curious to see what happens to you guys after the next BIG app transfer batch. Fingers crossed it's soon!

Reactions: JoshC and aby1098

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Thanks for asking. Yes! He picks up the proper police certificate today. I'll upload on webform this week. These certificates are only valid for 3 months, so even if I did get the correct forms the first time we would have had to re-do it ANYWAY since I submitted the application Nov 30 (it would have been expired by now). It actually was OK that we didn't do it yet. We would have ended up going twice for certificates and who knows... if this process takes really long, in 3 months time they might ask us to re-submit the background check again. (LOL) :D:rolleyes: At least in catching it now, these police certificates will be valid for the next 3 months rather than expired. I guess this is a reason it is suggested to wait until they request forms since bg checks can expire; yet with me being totally over enthusiastic about this, I don't want to give them ANY wiggle-room to delay the process even more; I had to ensure we have the most up-to-date package for them to deal with ahead of them having to ask. ;)o_O
Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end! Hopefully the timing works out perfectly so that it does end up actually smoothing your application along since they don't have to pause to request it! We're actually debating whether my husband should get an updated one himself, just as a precaution. There's no expiry date on German ones, but his was from over 6 months ago by now, which might be the deciding factor. Unfortunately it's a pain in the neck to get an appointment to request the certificate (this city :rolleyes:), so we might play it by ear for a bit.

hadaj

Nov 28, 2018
Applications that are supposed to get processed in NDVO are mostly going to Mississauga - and this trend has been apparent since July as I am initially a July Applicant.

I am still awaiting a transfer. Let us hope for the best, and congratulations to those who got their files transferred !:D

Reactions: aby1098

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end! Hopefully the timing works out perfectly so that it does end up actually smoothing your application along since they don't have to pause to request it! We're actually debating whether my husband should get an updated one himself, just as a precaution. There's no expiry date on German ones, but his was from over 6 months ago by now, which might be the deciding factor. Unfortunately it's a pain in the neck to get an appointment to request the certificate (this city :rolleyes:), so we might play it by ear for a bit.
It makes me appreciate how easy it is to get documents in the UK. I applied with a picture and had it sent to me in a couple days. If there’s no expiry I wouldn’t worry too much.

Reactions: schweisy and svilli

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Phew, finally caught up to all the messages lol. My wife did her medical just last Wednesday and still nothing shows passed or received. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer. We were delayed as we planned a vacation that fell right during the request. Wasn't expecting everything to move so fast.