+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Yamoo15

Jan 15, 2019
Good day,

In our account it says background check: not applicable. Does that mean my husband won’t undergo background check?

Thanks!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

We received an update! PA is from the US and I, the Sponsor, am from Canada. Here is our updated timeline:

• Application sent off on December 13th
  • Application received on December 17th, 2018
  • AOR Received: February 16th, 2019
  • Sponsor Approval: February 22nd
  • Medical Requested: February 22nd

I can’t believe that I got SA and we got the medical request in the same day?! I was expecting a week between each.

For SA, I am still waiting for the email but I did see “Decision Made” on ECAS this morning, which I know means that I’m approved as a Sponsor.
Congratulations!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys!
Just a quick question
Is the delivery time of the PA’s medical,from the clinic to the immigration ( which would take 10-13 days according to the clinic), included in the 30 days time frame given for the medical to be done?
Coz, we still have to wait for one week for the IOM to be done coz my wife (the PA) is still on her period which prohibits her to take the IOM test.
Yes, it includes the delivery days. But if you find that 30 days will not be enough for you, you can notify IRCC about your situation and I don't think it will be a big problem for them to extend your MR.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi, thought i would share my timeline:

Application recieved 17/12/18
AOR 12/02/19
Biometrics request 19/02/19
Biometrics complete 21/02/19
Medical request 20/02/19
Medical exam 22/02/19

Application step Current status on GCKey

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Completed.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks
Congratulations!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Good day,

In our account it says background check: not applicable. Does that mean my husband won’t undergo background check?

Thanks!
I am afraid it does not really mean it. He has to go through some sort of BGC, as quick as a few days or several months.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Question to everyone. I believe someone might know the answer, considering we have some people who know some people who worked for CIC :D @svilli 's post made me thinking: how do actually IRCC send applications to VO overseas? Considering the volume, like hundreds of applications per month for some countries like India. Do they use snail post, couriers, or don't even send papers and everything goes electronically?

And while I'm on the note of asking rhetorical questions :D Does anybody know why Case Processing Centres are located in such a hell nowhere like a small town of Sydney on the edge of NS, or recently closed CPC in Vegreville, a town that is 100 km away from Edmonton with a population of just 5 thousand people? How have CIC even come up with an idea to locate a case processing centre in such distant, unpopulated areas? Even for themselves it would be much faster and cheaper to send thousands of applications somewhere from Toronto or Vancouver than from mentioned above cities.

Reactions: svilli

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
And while I'm on the note of asking rhetorical questions :D Does anybody know why Case Processing Centres are located in such a hell nowhere like a small town of Sydney on the edge of NS, or recently closed CPC in Vegreville, a town that is 100 km away from Edmonton with a population of just 5 thousand people? How have CIC even come up with an idea to locate a case processing centre in such distant, unpopulated areas? Even for themselves it would be much faster and cheaper to send thousands of applications somewhere from Toronto or Vancouver than from mentioned above cities.
I think, answer is the cost :
Salary, office rent etc in Toronto and Vancouver "a bit" higher than in Sydney, NS
And this is also a good way to create working places in a region to support it's development.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi,

I would like to know if there’s someone here who has an idea or experience sponsoring their partner and the sponsor is on maternity leave here in Canada. I’m just wondering if that would affect the application since the sponsor is only depending on EI benefits for the income right now. TIA

Fingercrossed04

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, it includes the delivery days. But if you find that 30 days will not be enough for you, you can notify IRCC about your situation and I don't think it will be a big problem for them to extend your MR.
Thanks for the reply!
I will Give IRCC a call to notify about our situation?

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Thanks for the reply!
I will Give IRCC a call to notify about our situation?
I answered this for you in the November thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2018-outland-applicants-spousal-sponsorship.593133/page-75#post-7622541

So long as you complete the medical within the 30 day request time you’ll be fine. As the medical request letter states you have 30 days to undergo the test. So you could theoretically wait till the last day those 30 days and still be fine as the medical would be dated and sent off to CIC.

Another user left a large comment earlier too stating their own experience at IOM which is useful to you:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-77#post-7622756

Reactions: schweisy

Fingercrossed04

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I am afraid it does not really mean it. He has to go through some sort of BGC, as quick as a few days or several months.
I answered this for you in the November thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2018-outland-applicants-spousal-sponsorship.593133/page-75#post-7622541

So long as you complete the medical within the 30 day request time you’ll be fine. As the medical request letter states you have 30 days to undergo the test. So you could theoretically wait till the last day those 30 days and still be fine as the medical would be dated and sent off to CIC.

Another user left a large comment earlier too stating their own experience at IOM which is useful to you:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-77#post-7622756
Im sorry I didn’t see your reply on that thread. Anyways, thanks for the help!