+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi
I have extely the same time line,application was received on 5th December 2018, AOR received 1st February.
Just wondering when was your the decision made on your spousal approval?
Thank you
every case is different, but in general it will take 7-10 business days.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Reactions: JanicaC and ryester

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
GCKEY, for ECAS you don't link anything, you just use the application number, and sponsor details to view an overview of your file.

So for GCKEY linking:

1. Choose Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
  2. Select one of two options next: Place of Birth or Passport Details
  3. Fill PA's info for the option you selected above and not both at the same time
  4. Put the Details of the City where the PA plans to reside after getting PR, this info should match with what you put in form IMM0008
  5. Put your marital status in.
  6. Put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)
  7. NOTE: Sometimes putting MARITAL STATUS as SINGLE also works.
I found my passport details didn't work, but the Place of birth worked the first time.

If this fails, people have suggested putting a space after your place of birth.
Thanks JoshC

Just to make sure i got this right, when you are referring to "You" in your reply you are assuming i am the PA? In my case i am the sponsor and according to your above comment I, the sponsor,
Should link to GCKEY in the steps you have listed. If i do this i am assuming this will stop email communication between me the sponsor and CIC.

If ECAS is a just an overview of your file what is the purpose of GCKEY. I want to follow the application both for my wife (PA) and myself (sponsor). Will linking to GCKEY update me on anything related to the PA if the visa office (Vienna) requests anything from her.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Thanks JoshC

Just to make sure i got this right, when you are referring to "You" in your reply you are assuming i am the PA? In my case i am the sponsor and according to your above comment I, the sponsor,
Should link to GCKEY in the steps you have listed. If i do this i am assuming this will stop email communication between me the sponsor and CIC.

If ECAS is a just an overview of your file what is the purpose of GCKEY. I want to follow the application both for my wife (PA) and myself (sponsor). Will linking to GCKEY update me on anything related to the PA if the visa office (Vienna) requests anything from her.
FWIW, I linked GCKey to my account -- I am the sponsor (and our VO is actually also Vienna). I haven't actually checked with my husband (the PA) if he's gotten any messages, but I am definitely receiving email updates from GCKey about his application (e.g. I received the email requesting biometrics). Note that I did not fill out the representative form when we applied, so I think it really doesn't matter whether you connect the account to the PA or the sponsor -- just connect it to whomever you want to receive the messages and requests.

ECAS provides a bare bones overview of where you are in the process, including information about progress on the sponsorship application, but all the details about the PA's application and its progress are in GCKey. This is where you will log in to download the biometrics letter, etc. If Vienna requests anything, I assume it will also come through GCKey, but I haven't gotten there yet so I can't speak from personal experience. Not sure if all this helps?

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
As well, any of you folks considering applying for a visit visa for the PA?
Ha! We tried to get my husband (PA) to visit on a visitor visa after our wedding in Costa Rica. We have a 3 year history prior to our wedding.

The Canadian Gov't denied his visitor visa, stating due to our marriage and the seriousness of our relationship they weren't sure he'd return after a visit (even tho we promised proof of return ticket and everything) - funny thing is, we certainly do not want to spend ANY chilly months in Canada. There is no way we'd overstay... but gov't do not consider this.

We dropped the issue of even traveling to Canada as it was not urgent to us... UNTIL...
I found out I was expecting it became clear we had to get a jump on the Sponsorship process. Someone in another thread said some ignorant thing about 'why didn't you do family planning' ... well, doctors told my husband he could never have children and HE explained this to me before we got married - didn't expect to find ourselves in an urgent travel situation. We are awaiting VO AOR2 and medical now. It's not looking like he'll make it in time for baby but God Willing, maybe. At the very least he will be able to meet my family members who are too old/frail to travel. Good luck to all of you!

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Ha! We tried to get my husband (PA) to visit on a visitor visa after our wedding in Costa Rica. We have a 3 year history prior to our wedding.

The Canadian Gov't denied his visitor visa, stating due to our marriage and the seriousness of our relationship they weren't sure he'd return after a visit (even tho we promised proof of return ticket and everything) - funny thing is, we certainly do not want to spend ANY chilly months in Canada. There is no way we'd overstay... but gov't do not consider this.

We dropped the issue of even traveling to Canada as it was not urgent to us... UNTIL...
I found out I was expecting it became clear we had to get a jump on the Sponsorship process. Someone in another thread said some ignorant thing about 'why didn't you do family planning' ... well, doctors told my husband he could never have children and HE explained this to me before we got married - didn't expect to find ourselves in an urgent travel situation. We are awaiting VO AOR2 and medical now. It's not looking like he'll make it in time for baby but God Willing, maybe. At the very least he will be able to meet my family members who are too old/frail to travel. Good luck to all of you!
Hope everything goes well for you!

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Double congratulations to you! you are blessed! :)

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thanks JoshC

I think schweisy explained well. To complement what she said, in ECAS, you can check both sponsor and applicant status using different UCI and personal information, but it only provides basic information. You can link your application using either sponsor or applicant's GCKey account, it does not matter and it provides much more detailed status. Use application number when you link your GCKey account.

Reactions: Xipijeta

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
FWIW, I linked GCKey to my account -- I am the sponsor (and our VO is actually also Vienna). I haven't actually checked with my husband (the PA) if he's gotten any messages, but I am definitely receiving email updates from GCKey about his application (e.g. I received the email requesting biometrics). Note that I did not fill out the representative form when we applied, so I think it really doesn't matter whether you connect the account to the PA or the sponsor -- just connect it to whomever you want to receive the messages and requests.

ECAS provides a bare bones overview of where you are in the process, including information about progress on the sponsorship application, but all the details about the PA's application and its progress are in GCKey. This is where you will log in to download the biometrics letter, etc. If Vienna requests anything, I assume it will also come through GCKey, but I haven't gotten there yet so I can't speak from personal experience. Not sure if all this helps?
Thank you for your help

Reactions: schweisy

Betty2019

Jan 30, 2019
Hi everyone - I submitted the application in dec 20 and it got received in dec 24, I got the email from the Canada immigrantion yesterday feb 12 with the application number and UCI and I tried to link the application to my GCkey account but I am having trouble to do that. I tried all the questions but did ended up with no successful attempts. Please advise.

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
Hi! My application was received on Dec 5th. I got my AOR on January 31. In ecas under spousal approval it says decision made, but I never got an email/mail confirming this. Should I get one?

Also, the PA weas asked to upload biometric fees and an additional police certificate, we did so through the online webform and we got email acknowledgment that it was received on the 11th. How soon after should we expect an additional update aka biometric request /medical request?

I tried adding my case to the google doc but I was having technical difficulties.

Thanks!
Got my letter emailed as a PDF this morning. Now we wait for the rest of it.

Reactions: svilli

Agvdrc

Feb 13, 2019
Hi everyone - I submitted the application in dec 20 and it got received in dec 24, I got the email from the Canada immigrantion yesterday feb 12 with the application number and UCI and I tried to link the application to my GCkey account but I am having trouble to do that. I tried all the questions but did ended up with no successful attempts. Please advise.
My issue originally was that I didn't include myself in the count. So for me it was 2, sponsor to PA. It worked after that. :)

Reactions: Betty2019

Betty2019

Jan 30, 2019
My application was received December 5th, I have not received my AOR, but today I was able to link my application using family name and passport info, and it says 'application in progress". This means I should have my AOR any day now?
Hi there , have you used your name or the
My issue originally was that I didn't include myself in the count. So for me it was 2, sponsor to PA. It worked after that. :)
could you please explain more, do you mean you have used your information as a sponsor, you mean you used your last name and first name and birth date. Staff like that .