+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Fatima1234

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
From Mexico. The only delay I can see is because I am currently living in the US, but returning to Canada this summer. But I at least need to know that they received and that I didn't mess anything up to get it returned :eek::eek:
Ohh yeah I dunno..
same here I just want to know that I didn’t mess anything up cuz I don’t want it to be returned.

Matt007

Dec 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Hello everyone,
Just received AOR yesterday night
App received Dec 10
AOR Feb 6
PA is from India
Finally december applications are being processed

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
hello everyone,

can somebody explain help me: --I am applying under family class of CONJUGAL Partnership with my fiancee a canadian.

in the Form-IMM5406- Additional family information., on section A,----- ( Marital status: - i have answered single, because i can not find conjugal partnership in the drop down menu. there is no option for conjugal.
on the drop down menu options are :
( Annulled marriage, common-law, divorce, married physically-present, married-not physically present, separated, single, unknown, )

what could be the right answer since i am in conjugal relationship with my fiancee., i have never married before and have not lived with her?

thanks for contribution .

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
hello everyone,

can somebody explain help me: --I am applying under family class of CONJUGAL Partnership with my fiancee a canadian.

in the Form-IMM5406- Additional family information., on section A,----- ( Marital status: - i have answered single, because i can not find conjugal partnership in the drop down menu. there is no option for conjugal.
on the drop down menu options are :
( Annulled marriage, common-law, divorce, married physically-present, married-not physically present, separated, single, unknown, )

what could be the right answer since i am in conjugal relationship with my fiancee., i have never married before and have not lived with her?

thanks for contribution .
"conjugal" means you have to live together and in order to be qualified under that category you have to provide proof that you live together for at least one year. If you are not living together, you should not apply.

If you do live together for over a year, I think the closest option for you is common-law.

According to CIC definition:
Common-law partner

Means a person who has been living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), continuously for at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.

To show that you are in a common-law relationship, submit proof that you:

• share the same home,
  • support each other financially and emotionally,
  • have children together, if applicable,
  • present yourselves in public as a couple.
See section 1(1) of the IRPR for the legal definition.

Conjugal partner
A conjugal partner is:

• a person who is living outside Canada,
  • in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, and
  • could not live with the sponsor as a couple because of reasons beyond their control (e.g. immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation.
Principal applicants who are living in Canada are not eligible to be sponsored as conjugal partners, either in the Spouse, Common-law in Canada program or the overseas sponsorship program.

This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine or real) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

A significant degree of attachment and mutual interdependence between both partners must be shown. The couple must submit proof of the obstacles or restrictions that are preventing them from living together or getting married.

See section 2 of the IRPR for the legal definition.

Last edited:
Reactions: rose2rock

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
"conjugal" means you have to live together and in order to be qualified under that category you have to provide proof that you live together for at least one year. If you are not living together, you should not apply.

If you do live together for over a year, I think the closest option for you is common-law.

According to CIC definition:
Common-law partner

Means a person who has been living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), continuously for at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.

To show that you are in a common-law relationship, submit proof that you:

• share the same home,
  • support each other financially and emotionally,
  • have children together, if applicable,
  • present yourselves in public as a couple.
See section 1(1) of the IRPR for the legal definition.

Conjugal partner
A conjugal partner is:

• a person who is living outside Canada,
  • in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, and
  • could not live with the sponsor as a couple because of reasons beyond their control (e.g. immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation.
Principal applicants who are living in Canada are not eligible to be sponsored as conjugal partners, either in the Spouse, Common-law in Canada program or the overseas sponsorship program.

This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine or real) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

A significant degree of attachment and mutual interdependence between both partners must be shown. The couple must submit proof of the obstacles or restrictions that are preventing them from living together or getting married.

See section 2 of the IRPR for the legal definition.
Conjugal partner
A person outside Canada who has had a binding relationship with a sponsor for at least one year but could not live with their partner. The term refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex relationships.

Reactions: schweisy

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Oh okay, are you the rep for your spouse ( applicant)?

Because I’m noticing from other websites that the AOR letter the applicant receives it unless the sponsor is the rep for the applicant?
I don’t think that’s a thing, my mother is applying for my grandmother and we got AOR despite not filling out the rep form. So we, the sponsors, should be receiving AOR anyway.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Conjugal partner
A person outside Canada who has had a binding relationship with a sponsor for at least one year but could not live with their partner. The term refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex relationships.
That is correct but also remember the following which is more important,
"In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine or real) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year."

If you have not lived together for at least a year, you will have tremendous difficulty to present you are in "conjugal" relationship. E.g., have you discussed family matters together, talked about financial plan together, made important decision together, gone out and appeared as couple together etc.

Basically, the definition of binding as you also pointed out is very hard to prove without some hard evidence.

Last edited:

Matt007

Dec 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Oh okay, are you the rep for your spouse ( applicant)?

Because I’m noticing from other websites that the AOR letter the applicant receives it unless the sponsor is the rep for the applicant?
No I have`nt filled the rep forms, other people have also reported that the sponsor receives the aor

Reactions: alaria

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
That is correct but also remember the following which is more important,
"In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine or real) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year."

If you have not lived together for at least a year, you will have tremendous difficulty to present you are in "conjugal" relationship. E.g., have you discussed family matters together, talked about financial plan together, made important decision together, gone out and appeared as couple together etc.

Basically, the definition of binding as you also pointed out is very hard to prove without some hard evidence.
thanks for the contribution,

i and my sponsor have enough proof to back our claims, we are as well working on our marital plans.

Reactions: ryester