AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
folks - I am in a position where i have to travel to India for a week. I will be working during that time and i will be back in exactly a week. does it affect the application? do i have to notify CIC about it?
I am sponsoring my wife and i plan to travel for 2 months for her delivery..shouldnt be a problem..cic can not say i cant see my newborn child until they finish their “processing”..what if they take 2 years for some reason? Doesnt make sense..as long as u have ur residence in canada, u intend to live in canada and u lived here for most part of the previous years, you should be fine..there is no travel ban for genuine reasons.

Reactions: vinothku

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am sponsoring my wife and i plan to travel for 2 months for her delivery..shouldnt be a problem..cic can not say i cant see my newborn child until they finish their “processing”..what if they take 2 years for some reason? Doesnt make sense..as long as u have ur residence in canada, u intend to live in canada and u lived here for most part of the previous years, you should be fine..there is no travel ban for genuine reasons.
This is really, really terrible advice and is absolutely not true. If the sponsor is a permanent resident and not a citizen, a period of travel for 2 months would be way too long and would end up in rejection if IRCC catches wind of it. A sponsor that is a PR must remain inside Canada to sponsor. Of course they can't stop you from going but they most certainly can deny the application. This only applies to sponsors that are PRs.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
GCKEY updated, Medical passed :cool:
@JoshC wanted to ask, did they also do an audiometry test for you? (Did they ask you about your family health issues such as diabetes etc) also about small health issues when you were younger maybe like chickenpox or jaundice. Just trying to get an idea on the whole ‘questionnaire’ side of the test.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
This is really, really terrible advice and is absolutely not true. If the sponsor is a permanent resident and not a citizen, a period of travel for 2 months would be way too long and would end up in rejection if IRCC catches wind of it. A sponsor that is a PR must remain inside Canada to sponsor. Of course they can't stop you from going but they most certainly can deny the application. This only applies to sponsors that are PRs.
So then what do you think is the reasonable amount of time to travel? And where's the line between "reside" and "travel"?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
For a PR outside of Canada while sponsoring?
Yes. Because as someone stated above, CIC can't just say "you can't see your spouse for 1.5 years while we're processing your application". And visiting a spouse even adds more proof that your relationship is genuine.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yes. Because as someone stated above, CIC can't just say "you can't see your spouse for 1.5 years while we're processing your application". And visiting a spouse even adds more proof that your relationship is genuine.
They're not saying you can't see them. No set timeline but with other similar matters with IRCC I would not risk anything in excess of 1-2 weeks, max.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

• You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@JoshC wanted to ask, did they also do an audiometry test for you? (Did they ask you about your family health issues such as diabetes etc) also about small health issues when you were younger maybe like chickenpox or jaundice. Just trying to get an idea on the whole ‘questionnaire’ side of the test.
Yes I had a quesionnaire about my health. However, I wasn’t questioned about any family health issues.

I didn’t have an audiometry test, just one of those quick checks of the eyes and ears with the little tool (forgive me I’ve no idea what they’re called).

Reactions: Krissh2179

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
However, its unfortunately stated that a permanent resident must stay in Canada to pass eligibility. Thats why even PR’s who head out of the country for more than 2-3 weeks be it for work purposes end up informing cic beforehand with proof that they are being sent by the company. However, wanting to see you’re child may not hold as a strong proof of a PR’s return to Canada and their application might be rejected.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
For a PR outside of Canada while sponsoring?
In one of the forms there is a question "Do you reside in Canada and not any other country?" Reside means live permanently, have job, etc. If a PR goes for 3 weeks vacation, what's a problem? You're not residing in another country while on vacation.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Yes I had a quesionnaire about my health. However, I wasn’t questioned about any family health issues.

I didn’t have an audiometry test, just one of those quick checks of the eyes and ears with the little tool (forgive me I’ve no idea what they’re called).
Got it Cheers.

Reactions: JoshC

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
In one of the forms there is a question "Do you reside in Canada and not any other country?" Reside means live permanently, have job, etc. If a PR goes for 3 weeks vacation, what's a problem? You're not residing in another country while on vacation.
Because it's ambiguous. It's up to the officer to decide. They've rejected common law applications for being apart for 2.5-3 weeks, for example. Also the poster said 2 months, not 3 weeks.

Reactions: schweisy

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Because it's ambiguous. It's up to the officer to decide. They've rejected common law applications for being apart for 2.5-3 weeks, for example. Also the poster said 2 months, not 3 weeks.
Right, but since you answered my question "1-2 weeks", I'm asking why is it a problem in 3 weeks vacation.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Right, but since you answered my question "1-2 weeks", I'm asking why is it a problem in 3 weeks vacation.
Once again - it's ambiguous. It is not defined. You could have an officer who decides that's too long - that's the whole point. As I already stated I would never take a risk longer than 1-2 weeks. Do you really want to find out if it's a problem when it's too late and the officer has decided against you? You have to weigh the risks.