File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Grrrr, if I can vent here for a second: there are only three clinics in all of Germany that do the medical check, and my husband has called two of them (the local one in Berlin and the one in Frankfurt) and he can't even get a call back, let alone an appointment. The online calendar for the Berlin clinic says no visa appointments available until April (?!) which is obviously way too late. He even wrote to the one in Prague (! we're just potentially travelling the continent now) and hasn't heard back from there either. :mad: I read on these boards about people getting appointments for just a few days after they get MR and I'm so frustrated and baffled by our situation! o_O

It's also hard because he works long hours at his job, including weekends, so even if he is able to get a last-minute appointment, it's going to be tough for him to make it if it's in some completely different city/country he has to travel a day to get to. Anyway, I know a lot of people are in MUCH more remote locations, with much farther to travel for these things, so I'm not really complaining -- just venting a bit! :D

Though while I'm at it: does anyone know if they are actually waiting on the medical results to proceed? Or will they keep working on it in the meantime and just add his results when they arrive? I'd hate to think we get delayed because of this frustrating

Well only 3 centres is just too less!!

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Status on eCAS has changed to "Decision Made" but no change in GCKey yet. Hope i get good news and its my SA
I don't think GCKey reflects the sponsor's approval (if I'm remembering correctly) -- I think it only shows the applicant's status updates. But you will receive an email within a few days, and it almost certainly will be your approval as a sponsor. Congrats!

Reactions: Xipijeta

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello guys,

If the PA does not have any kind of travel history does it make the BGC faster?

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I agree @ritvik123! Three is obviously nowhere near enough for the demand in this area!!!

However! I have an update on this (posted in the November thread; will just repost here): My husband finally talked to someone today and managed to get an appointment! It's in Frankfurt for two weeks from now. He'll have to take the 6 am train, and it'll be an 8-hour roundtrip, but at least we'll get it (barely) done in time! o_O:rolleyes:

Reactions: svilli and JoshC

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
I agree @ritvik123! Three is obviously nowhere near enough for the demand in this area!!!

However! I have an update on this (posted in the November thread; will just repost here): My husband finally talked to someone today and managed to get an appointment! It's in Frankfurt for two weeks from now. He'll have to take the 6 am train, and it'll be an 8-hour roundtrip, but at least we'll get it (barely) done in time! o_O:rolleyes:
Yeah I did notice that and was glad:)

Reactions: schweisy

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
I don't think GCKey reflects the sponsor's approval (if I'm remembering correctly) -- I think it only shows the applicant's status updates. But you will receive an email within a few days, and it almost certainly will be your approval as a sponsor. Congrats!
Are you sure about that? Because i linked my UCI to GCkey and i recieved a confirmation email saying my account has been linked so i would assume that means no more emails and all communication for sponsor reflects on online account

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Are you sure about that? Because i linked my UCI to GCkey and i recieved a confirmation email saying my account has been linked so i would assume that means no more emails and all communication for sponsor reflects on online account
The SA email goes straight to the sponsors email and has a PDF attached entitled with the application number. It isn’t linked to GCKEY.

Within that PDF you’ll find the SA letter and whether you’ve been approved.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
When you were linking to GCKey, whose info did you use, sponsor's or PA's?

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
But as a platform GCKey only provides updates on the PA's application (as @ritvik123 confirmed). So yes, the emails generated by GCKey will come to you if you linked it to your account, but the information they contain will be related to the PA's application only.

The only online platform that gives any information about the progress of the sponsorship application is ECAS. Your approval as a sponsor will come to your email regardless as a PDF attachment, just as @JoshC describes.

(All of this I can confirm from experience too, since I'm the sponsor and I linked GCKey to my account :))

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
@schweisy is right. GCKey account linked application is for applicant's status not sponsor. DM for SA is only viewable from ECAS with sponsor's login info.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
No, it does not. BGC has pretty much nothing to do with travel, it is more related to what you have been doing.
Thank you for your help!

I was just hoping that they have to just check the security and criminality for 1 country as there is no travel history, which would expedite it easily!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you for your help!

I was just hoping that they have to just check the security and criminality for 1 country as there is no travel history, which would expedite it easily!
yes, wishful thinking:) It depends more on how easy it is to obtain the information for applicant and what career the applicant has been doing so that they can evaluate. For all the countries that applicant traveled, if the visit is less than 6 months, he/does doesn't even need to provide police certificate on criminality check.