+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
We got our first contact from the IRC in the form of two emails yesterday. Both were asking for additional police certificates. We didn't realize we needed one for Thailand and we got the wrong one from the UK. We have 60 days to submit them and started working on that today.

Also, we linked our account on the first try. I can't wait for this to be over.

Beambie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
We got our first contact from the IRC in the form of two emails yesterday. Both were asking for additional police certificates. We didn't realize we needed one for Thailand and we got the wrong one from the UK. We have 60 days to submit them and started working on that today.

Congratulations, do you mind sharing your timelines please

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Congratulations, do you mind sharing your timelines please
Hi Beamie,
For sure - I just updated in my signature. We sent our application in from Singapore on Dec. 20th. They received it in Nova Scotia on Dec. 28th. The first contact we received from them was on Feb. 21st (the two emails) and I just linked our account online now. Such a process, isn't it? Hope your application is going well!

Reactions: ryester and svilli

Beambie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hi Beamie,
For sure - I just updated in my signature. We sent our application in from Singapore on Dec. 20th. They received it in Nova Scotia on Dec. 28th. The first contact we received from them was on Feb. 21st (the two emails) and I just linked our account online now. Such a process, isn't it? Hope your application is going well!
Oh thanks, I’m a December 31st applicant still waiting to ear from them

Reactions: svilli

Sami89

Feb 8, 2019
Dear All,

Below are my time lines :

Application delivered:24th Dec
AOR Recived:16th Feb
Biometric Fees request: 21st Feb

I applied for visit visa last year and after linking my file its showing biometrics are valid till 2028.

In that case i am unclear on biometrics request again if the one given in June 2018 are valid .
Has any once experienced it...can some one advise

Last edited:

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM

I submitted a UK police certificate as well as I lived there for two years. Do you mind sharing which one you shared for UK and why is it wrong? I submitted the one from acro

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I submitted a UK police certificate as well as I lived there for two years. Do you mind sharing which one you shared for UK and why is it wrong? I submitted the one from acro
We submitted something called "subject access" so if you've submitted an actual Police Certificate, you should be fine. The Subject Access was free and also from ACRO. The Police Certificate is not free but it's also from ACRO. I don't know how on Earth we got that wrong, but it was a silly mistake.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

Xipijeta

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hi! The web form is the following http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Click "Tell us more", fill out required parameters, and then write your enquiry. If you're asking about SA, I believe you need to fill out sponsor's info in the form. If it's about PA application, fill out PA's info. I have a feeling if you ask about PA filling out sponsor's personal data, you can get a response that "we didn't find that you are a representative of your primary applicant", something like that.

So since your wife doesn't speak English, you can do it on your own, just "pretend" to be her :) I mean don't tell them you're a sponsor asking about her application. But you're gonna ask about SA anyway, so it's totally your (sponsor's) part.

Or you can always call CIC directly. I could see here many people got updates just by calling to a call centre.

Can you remind us please your timeline, and what is your status on eCAS now?
As i mentioned yesterday my wife (PA) recieved a letter to make a payment for biometric fees and submit via web form. I intend to make the payment with my visa card is there an issue with that? Also i intend to submit the receipt via webform on her behalf but do i put her information in the Enquirer Information as i would have in the Applicant information or mine. Also what do i select as application type/enquiry, Sponsorship or permenant residence or ect.

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
We submitted something called "subject access" so if you've submitted an actual Police Certificate, you should be fine. The Subject Access was free and also from ACRO. The Police Certificate is not free but it's also from ACRO. I don't know how on Earth we got that wrong, but it was a silly mistake.
Oh okay. Yeah I paid 80 quids for the UK police certificate lol

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
As i mentioned yesterday my wife (PA) recieved a letter to make a payment for biometric fees and submit via web form. I intend to make the payment with my visa card is there an issue with that? Also i intend to submit the receipt via webform on her behalf but do i put her information in the Enquirer Information as i would have in the Applicant information or mine. Also what do i select as application type/enquiry, Sponsorship or permenant residence or ect.
Hi, with my Visa there were no issue to pay. Ask your bank if any problem with transaction.
I uploaded as Sponsorship, in Applicant section - PA data, in Enquirer - data of those person, who add (might be PA itself, spouse, representative)

Reactions: ryester