+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

kongara999

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Hello all,

what are the chances of returning the application if we submit IMM forms?
Not too old, just few days difference.

We noticed that CIC has changed/updated IMM 1344, IMM 008 and IMM 5669 in November and it looks like we submitted the older versions.
we did checked the current and old forms, there is nothing really changed in the IMM008 and IMM5669. However they added co-signer details in the IMM1344.

it looks like we are in deep trouble.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
It looks like we sent Old version of IMM 5533 (Check list).
We did not realize that this was updated in December.
I also double checked the old and new versions and there is no big changes other than the alignment changes on the Page 5.
They brought Supporting documents section from Page 6 to Page 5.

I hope they do not return the application because of this :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I think we all sent the old checklist, but I've been reading that when this happens they give a period of grace, in June of 2018 they gave it.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Our application was received Dec 01 via courier. All new forms submitted and inked signatures. We have a baby due in MAY. Hope husband can be here from Central America for the new baby. Praying.

No AOR yet.

Silka

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I hope they wil
Hello all,

what are the chances of returning the application if we submit IMM forms?
Not too old, just few days difference.

We noticed that CIC has changed/updated IMM 1344, IMM 008 and IMM 5669 in November and it looks like we submitted the older versions.
we did checked the current and old forms, there is nothing really changed in the IMM008 and IMM5669. However they added co-signer details in the IMM1344.

it looks like we are in deep trouble.
I hope they will give grace period though in mean while i will suggest sign the new document and send that as well so your 2 months not be wasted. Better to call them. Dont wait for 2 to 3 months.

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Anyone hear back from the IRCC for those of you that didn't sign in ink IMM5669? I'm thinking we may have done the same thing, but not 100% sure, so wondering what the outcome has been for those that didn't sign in ink...
Thanks.

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

I've been snooping on here for a while and thought I'd just join in and document my process along with you all. I submitted my application on Dec. 10 and it was received in Sydney, NS on Dec. 14. Hopefully we all hear back from them soon.

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
hmmm :( .

I have sent the signed IMM5669 through web form. Got a reply for that as an acknowledgment. Looks like this method is working for other who did the same mistake. I hope my application will not be returned.

BTW, have you sent the signed form again when you realize the mistake.
Would you mind walking me through exactly how you submitted this please? Thank you.

priya1703

Dec 18, 2018
Would you mind walking me through exactly how you submitted this please? Thank you.
Hi,
I have physically signed the form, scanned and sent through webform as an attachment by explaing the mistake. Whn I send, i sent the fee paid receipt as application number as i do not have uc id and application id. I got a reply pretty quickly saying that this form has been sent to VO. I find this approach is working as others are getting AOR in this way. Hoping that this way of web form submission will override the form I submitted in my paper application.

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hi,
I have physically signed the form, scanned and sent through webform as an attachment by explaing the mistake. Whn I send, i sent the fee paid receipt as application number as i do not have uc id and application id. I got a reply pretty quickly saying that this form has been sent to VO. I find this approach is working as others are getting AOR in this way. Hoping that this way of web form submission will override the form I submitted in my paper application.
And I assume you submitted the webform available here and selected tell us more, using the receipt number as the application number?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Also, for sponsorship, what should I select if my wife and I are living together here in Canada with me, but we selected Outland (to allow flexibility of travel to the US for both of us)?

Thanks for your help.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
And I assume you submitted the webform available here and selected tell us more, using the receipt number as the application number?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Also, for sponsorship, what should I select if my wife and I are living together here in Canada with me, but we selected Outland (to allow flexibility of travel to the US for both of us)?

Thanks for your help.
Tick the third box under #5 "currently living in Canada and I am applying under the family class"