+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Please help, really sad we wasted two months and then I got my application returned today it was submitted in December 1st. My signatures and all the paperwork is dated from September 30th (within the 90 day period when the application was submitted). Do I have to redo the whole application? all the statements and everything and resign it? It is now well passed the 90 day period..

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Please help, really sad we wasted two months and then I got my application returned today it was submitted in December 1st. My signatures and all the paperwork is dated from September 30th (within the 90 day period when the application was submitted). Do I have to redo the whole application? all the statements and everything and resign it? It is now well passed the 90 day period..
Was any letter from IRCC included to your returned application? What is written there?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I didn't include a notice of assessment even though I explained in a letter why, but do I have to redo the signatures? it does not mention anything about that.
I am sorry to hear your application is returned. Unfortunately according to IRCC, you have to resign and date all the forms, the following is quote from its web,
Staledated applications
An application is staledated when the Minister receives the application 91 days after the signature date indicated on the form. Staledated applications are returned to the applicant at the time the kit is received.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html

So it is not worth the risk and waste time again. Make sure you get everything right and complete this time.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
As I understand reading this forum... when application returned, the IRCC includes letter explaining the reason "Why?"
I would recommend you to follow their instructions in included letter

To submit an application you should use the latest forms and check Guide 5525.
You can find it here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Also you can call IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
I am sorry to hear your application is returned. Unfortunately according to IRCC, you have to resign and date all the forms, the following is quote from its web,
Staledated applications
An application is staledated when the Minister receives the application 91 days after the signature date indicated on the form. Staledated applications are returned to the applicant at the time the kit is received.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html
So if they received an application within the 90 day period and didn’t open it until 2 months later, will it still be returned? I’m asking because my forms were dated Oct. 28 but they were received on Dec. 14. I’m getting nervous now

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
So if they received an application within the 90 day period and didn’t open it until 2 months later, will it still be returned? I’m asking because my forms were dated Oct. 28 but they were received on Dec. 14. I’m getting nervous now
That is ok. As long as they confirm when they receive the application with all forms were dated and signed within 91 days even if they start processing 2 months after they confirm they receive the application.

Reactions: mari5

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Staledated applications

So it is not worth the risk and waste time again. Make sure you get everything done right and complete this time.

Good luck to you!
What about my phone bills and such? All the proof documents need to be within the 90 days?

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
That is ok. As long as they confirm when they receive the application with all forms were dated and signed within 91 days even if they start processing 2 months after they confirm they receive the application.
Okay thank you!

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
of course those documents don't have to be in the 90 days range. lol. E.g., your Notice of Assessment would be for 2017 if you don't have for 2018 yet.
Like with my previous application, I submitted my phone bills and bank statements of joint accounts with spouse.. Should I keep them as is? or should submit new ones again? I will indicate the application was returned and all application pages are updated with new signatures and such.

Fingercrossed04

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Sorry to hear that. did you also receive your AOR before they returned it to you?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Like with my previous application, I submitted my phone bills and bank statements of joint accounts with spouse.. Should I keep them as is? or should submit new ones again? I will indicate the application was returned and all application pages are updated with new signatures and such.
As long as these documents are reasonably recent, it should be fine. E.g. the police certificate should be within 6 months from the date issued.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019