+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Thank you Fatima1234! :)
My application was received: 6th December. PA from Russia. Added all info to my signature

In ecas AOR date in the 3rd Dec, but e-mail was on the 2nd Dec
I was able to link application in GCKey account and access ECAS info few hours before e-mail

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

Fatima1234

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
It is! I’m super impatient :(
Good luck to you as well! He’s currently in the US, how about your PA?
My PA he is in Afghanistan. I wonder if it will take longer for me to receive the AOR? Compare to someone’s PA being in states of Landon etc?

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Thank you Fatima1234! :)
My application was received: 6th December. PA from Russia. Added all info to my signature

In ecas AOR date in the 3rd Dec, but e-mail was on the 2nd Dec
I was able to link application in GCKey account and access ECAS info few hours before e-mail
I'm a Russian PA too! My husband (Canadian) is sponsoring me. Would be nice if I could follow some of the updates and procedures your PA will be undergoing (like interview and meducal and stuff) so I could have an idea of what to expect too.

Reactions: svilli

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
I'm a Russian PA too! My husband (Canadian) is sponsoring me. Would be nice if I could follow some of the updates and procedures your PA will be undergoing (like interview and meducal and stuff) so I could have an idea of what to expect too.
Hi, Mpigeau! ;)
I'm Canadian permanent resident from Montreal, QC, sponsoring my husband. Will post all updates here. As a Quebec resident, I have an additional step with QC Ministry of Immigration, I guess, it should be in parallel.
It would be better for us if our applications will be transferred Mississauga. Unfortunately, Warsaw office doesn't process too fast.
Wish all of us to reunite with our family soon!

Kiran RV

Feb 3, 2019
Hi, I sent sponsorship application for my spouse on December 11 and I haven't received AOR yet. Hope to get it next week.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Hi All, Biometrics Question here...
Husband and I are doing Spousal Sponsorship. Sponsor is in Canada, husband (PA) coming from Costa Rica.
We included (2) passport photos of correct size but biometrics was NOT required at the time of submission.
I just read on the Canada website that:
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas must give biometrics.
My application was sent BEFORE this change. obviously. Before, we weren't required to do biometrics. We didn't pay the fee as a result - yet.
It says:
You can only give your biometrics as part of an application you submit to us. You have to pay the fee.
  • Individual applicant: CAD $85
  • If you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, you’ll need to give your biometrics before we start to process your application.
Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

Since it wasn't required at the time of submission.... Are we exempt from giving biometrics or do you think they will they ask? Should I pay the fee ASAP so that it is covered?

IF they ask for Biometrics... should I mail the fee receipt + fingerprints/photos to Sydney NS referencing the UCI and Application #?
(They are the ones processing the file.)

Application Rec'd Dec 01 2018
AOR Received January 29th 2019
Currently awaiting SA

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

Kiran RV

Feb 3, 2019
Hi All, Biometrics Question here...
Husband and I are doing Spousal Sponsorship. Sponsor is in Canada, husband (PA) coming from Costa Rica.
We included (2) passport photos of correct size but biometrics was NOT required at the time of submission.
I just read on the Canada website that:
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas must give biometrics.
My application was sent BEFORE this change. obviously. Before, we weren't required to do biometrics.
It says:
You can only give your biometrics as part of an application you submit to us. You have to pay the fee.
  • Individual applicant: CAD $85
  • If you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, you’ll need to give your biometrics before we start to process your application.
Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

Since it wasn't required at the time of submission.... Are we exempt from giving biometrics or do you think they will they ask?
What happens in these cases where the rules change so fast?
IF they ask for Biometrics... should I mail the receipt + fingerprints/photos to Sydney NS referencing the UCI and Application #?
(They are the ones processing the file.)

Application Rec'd Dec 01 2018
AOR Received January 29th 2019
Currently awaiting SA

Thanks for any insight.
If they need your biometrics, they will let you know through email or messages in your online account. It's better if you could link your paper