+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

scorpio25

Aug 18, 2014
What was the address on your payslips when you were working in BC? Was it different from the one when you were working in ON?
I was working for the same ON staffing company when i moved to BC to work at Client location. My pay-stub just had the IT staffing company name. However, my employment letter has the ON address. please advise what address should i provide?

Another question, In 2018, i worked from January until mid of April, from mid of April until end of June, i was on Vacation. In question 11, what should i provide? should i write Vacation under name of employer and provide my home country address?
After coming back from my vacation, i was unemployed for 2 months. In question 11 - do i write unemployed under name of employer ? Please advise.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
I was working for the same ON staffing company when i moved to BC to work at Client location. My pay-stub just had the IT staffing company name. However, my employment letter has the ON address. please advise what address should i provide?

Another question, In 2018, i worked from January until mid of April, from mid of April until end of June, i was on Vacation. In question 11, what should i provide? should i write Vacation under name of employer and provide my home country address?
After coming back from my vacation, i was unemployed for 2 months. In question 11 - do i write unemployed under name of employer ? Please advise.
If you were still under contract with your company during your vacation time, then no need to mention the vacation seperately. Because it’s normal to take vacation during employment. If you took vacation after leaving the company then only you have to mention it seperately.

For the 2 months period you didn’t work, just write unemployed.

scorpio25

Aug 18, 2014
If you were still under contract with your company during your vacation time, then no need to mention the vacation seperately. Because it’s normal to take vacation during employment. If you took vacation after leaving the company then only you have to mention it seperately.

For the 2 months period you didn’t work, just write unemployed.
Ok, Thank you.
No matter which province i physically worked (at client's place), i should write the staffing company who was paying me as my employer and their address under Question 11 (on the application), Correct ???

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Ok, Thank you.
No matter which province i physically worked (at client's place), i should write the staffing company who was paying me as my employer and their address under Question 11 (on the application), Correct ???
If you really moved to BC during that time, it’s better to give location as BC itself. Or if was just like an site visit (but technically you lived in Ontario) then no need to mention BC. But anyways you can add a letter of explanation with your application package to explain this.

scorpio25

Aug 18, 2014
If you really moved to BC during that time, it’s better to give location as BC itself. Or if was just like an site visit (but technically you lived in Ontario) then no need to mention BC. But anyways you can add a letter of explanation with your application package to explain this.
Not sure if i understand correctly. I really moved to BC to work at Clients location for over an year. However i was paid by my staffing company whose address and location was in ON. So, should i provide my staffing company(which is in ON) as my employer or should i provide the Client where i worked in BC as my employer and provide their address? please advise.

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Not sure if i understand correctly. I really moved to BC to work at Clients location for over an year. However i was paid by my staffing company whose address and location was in ON. So, should i provide my staffing company(which is in ON) as my employer or should i provide the Client where i worked in BC as my employer and provide their address? please advise.
I think you are making it very complicated. Under employment - just list your employer (NO CLIENT, It’s not asking for it), and their address, etc. Under addresses, list BC addresses if you were residing there.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Hey guys, a question..
What do we do about children that are not included in our application because they're already citizens by birth?
My child was born before we sent the application but there was nothing where I could mention it in the application itself.
Plus, we still don't have a birth certificate. Don't ask... Manitoba :rolleyes:
Do I have to let CIC know I have a Canadian citizen child? If so, how? I've researched older threads, but it seems there was a line on the form for mentioning Canadian children before.

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Hey guys, a question..
What do we do about children that are not included in our application because they're already citizens by birth?
My child was born before we sent the application but there was nothing where I could mention it in the application itself.
Plus, we still don't have a birth certificate. Don't ask... Manitoba :rolleyes:
Do I have to let CIC know I have a Canadian citizen child? If so, how? I've researched older threads, but it seems there was a line on the form for mentioning Canadian children before.
NO need to inform

Reactions: La_LuNa

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Did my fingerprints at RCMP, was really nice experience, didn’t have to pay cause it’s small city they said and i am applying for citizenship from here
Had trouble with last name, they had to put first name and last name Cheire Kaur Cherie kaur
They sent it to vancouver IRCC

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am filling up the form for my son for Canada Citizenship and I do have a question regarding Question 9 D.

My son passport was expired after coming to Canada (Expired in Mid July). And we didn't realize for almost 5 months. We renewed his passport (End of January). Do I need to provide an explanation for this? What explanation should I provide? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question 9D

Check the box to indicate if there are any gaps in time in the validity period of the child’s passports or travel documents for the relevant period. If there are gaps between the validity of any passports or travel documents, explain why in the space provided.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
For those of us who are "In Process", can anyone tell me how the test invite arrives? Is it email, regular mail or snail mail? How do we get our test date (i.e., is it automatically scheduled for us)?