+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Shazsabb

Nov 30, 2017
Hi,
Question 10(b) in citizenship application( were you in a country other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row since age 18) check yes/No

, It also says in a note that if you were in your country immediately prior to becoming PR and landing in Canada and this is the time falls within past 4 year period, You are not required to provide Police Clearance Certificate. Please indicate in the explanation box
Do I need to check mark on yes(because i was in my home country before becoming PR and it was more than 183 days)? and then in the explanation box >> should I write that this is the time prior to becoming PR?
Also, I don't have to provide Police Cert?
Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Good morning,

Just got a test invite email on April 15,2019.
Testing Center at 325 Milner Ave Scarborough.
Good luck and God bless us all.

Olax99
Nice, congratulations on being the first Ontario-based applicant to get a test-invitation in this thread. No updates on my side yet.

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Congratulations and Good luck!

Good morning,

Just got a test invite email on April 15,2019.
Testing Center at 325 Milner Ave Scarborough.
Good luck and God bless us all.

Olax99

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Finally, Received the AOR. Please update the spreadsheet.

Reactions: Jacobz and callbox

Reddysar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
I have received AOR on 06-March but still status not changed to "In-process" (from AOR to till today -28 days ). Could you please update any time lines to change "in process"

Last edited:

RinRin

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
I have received AOR on 06-March but still status not changed to "In-process" (from AOR to till today -28 days ). Could you please update any time lines to change "in process"
I received AOR on March 5 and the status hasn't changed to in process either.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Seemed like dec applicants have been left behind.
All we can do is wait. The average processing time is 1 year, we're barely 4 months in, have some patience. In my case, it has not been 1 month since I got IP. The earliest people get their test invite is 1 month even for applicants from earlier months.

There is bureaucracy, there is randomness. Nobody knows which queue our respective applications are sent to. Maybe there is a weird case/application in the queue that is holding up the other applications behind. Maybe the officer handling the queue our applications are in is on holiday. Maybe some offices are under-loaded and work faster while other offices are over-loaded and are accumulating back-log. Only IRCC knows and there is no point agonizing over it. Just wait, sooner or later there will be movement.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Seemed like dec applicants have been left behind.
All we can do is wait. The average processing time is 1 year, we're barely 4 months in, have some patience. In my case, it has not been 1 month since I got IP. The earliest people get their test invite is 1 month even for applicants from earlier months.

There is bureaucracy, there is randomness. Nobody knows which queue our respective applications are sent to. Maybe there is a weird case/application in the queue that is holding up the other applications behind. Maybe the officer handling the queue our applications are in is on holiday. Maybe some offices are under-loaded and work faster while other offices are over-loaded and are accumulating back-log. Only IRCC knows and there is no point agonizing over it. Just wait, sooner or later there will be movement.
Thats true
And i also feel like dec applicants are not posting things here as much as other months applicants do, or may be less people applied in dec

Reactions: Rullence

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Thats true
And i also feel like dec applicants are not posting things here as much as other months applicants do, or may be less people applied in dec
For those of us who are in IP, we know that it's a months-long waiting game, what do you want us to say ? Based on the data from previous months, we could be looking at anything from 1 month to 1 full year before getting a test invite. There is literally no way to determine when IRCC will contact us, so why agonize over it ?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
I received AOR on March 5 and the status hasn't changed to in process either.
Hi,
after AOR everything depends on your local CIC office. As we know those offices work in different speed (due to the number of applicants) so we can expect to see bigger time differences between applications now.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019

Sooner than later I hope

Obeying the law — One of Canada’s founding principles is the rule of law. Individuals and governments are regulated by laws and not by arbitrary actions. No person or group is above the law.”

Reactions: byrwus