+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
Additionally wanted to share one thing. Please keep on passing the good ,I mean share your experience and learnings of getting Canadian PR with your buddies or whosoever is looking to migrate to Canada. I have helped 5,6 folks and 2 have so far received their ITA. So happy for them.
My learning is that most of ppl including those in US are ignorant of the fact they can apply for Canadian PR even if they are outside of Canada.

#PassItOn
Thank you

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hello,

I have a silent reader till now and would like to share our experience with this process. With this we expect to spread hope among people still waiting for their PPR.

Our (My wife and myself) AOR was 02 Dec 2018. We passed our medical on 12 Jan 2019 and then I guess IP2 around first week of February. After that no updates. We received our GCMS in June and it showed review required. Then in September 2019, there was an update stating we passed our medical (I guessed they extended our medicals). After a couple of ghost updates in September, we received our ready for visa email on 02 Oct 2019. We were blessed with our baby boy on 03 Oct 2019. So, we emailed Cic to update them about the family addition and within a week they asked for additional documents within 30 days. We submitted those in the first of Nov 2019. Received our 2nd ready for visa email on Christmas eve 2019. Sent our passports and photocopy of our baby’s passport along with photos on 30 Dec 2019 through FedEx.

Our passports were shown to be delivered on 31st December 2019 at Ottawa, but the delivery location was different. We called FedEx and they reassured us that it’s part of their process and since all of them are govt. buildings, receiving is just at a different location. We called cic to confirm if they have received the passport. Cic agent was great in explaining that there is no information yet but that can be normal, and we should call back after 14 days. On 9th January, the FedEx tracker got activated again, showed pickup at Ottawa and delivered the same day. Called FedEx again and was told they don’t know what happened but this time the delivery location is 365 Laurier Avenue. My best guess is they delivered at the wrong place the first time. We called Cic and they confirmed that they received our passports. Our application got approved, return tracker was activated and was supposed to be delivered on the morning of Jan 20, 2020.

On the morning tracking showed that FedEx delivered the package, but we never received it. Called FedEx and they said they will contact the driver. After 3 hours they confirmed that they have instructed the driver to retrieve the package and deliver it to us. We don’t know where the package was left at the first place. We finally received our package.

My advice for everyone (received their PPR or still waiting) to never lose hope and believe in yourself. I must admit that though our application got delayed, Cic were always very responsive and professional.

I would like to thank @USProgrammer, @SithLord (Best of luck) and @derkdsou for your positive attitude and guidance in even matters like how to call IRCC.

Country of residence: USA
Citizen: India
Big congratulations on the family changes and the PPR!

Reactions: ashishanshu232

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Additionally wanted to share one thing. Please keep on passing the good ,I mean share your experience and learnings of getting Canadian PR with your buddies or whosoever is looking to migrate to Canada. I have helped 5,6 folks and 2 have so far received their ITA. So happy for them.
My learning is that most of ppl including those in US are ignorant of the fact they can apply for Canadian PR even if they are outside of Canada.

#PassItOn
Thank you
With the recent CRS score cutoffs, not many will qualify without PNPs anymore.

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
With the recent CRS score cutoffs, not many will qualify without PNPs anymore.
Agree. The best bet for any one to get a PNP nomination from province like Ontario is to choose only Ontario during the application process (place where multiple options are there on willingness to settle in province). I chose only Ontario durin my application and got PNP nomination ,thought overall profile also matters +NOC code .
Still, I recommended the same approach to my friends and 2 got PNP nomination for Ontario

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Im from Mauritius and is there anybody from Pretoria waiting for PPR
My file moved to Pretoria since December 2nd 2019 and since then complete silence.
Advise please

LeeAH

Apr 22, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
And I am done, Landing interview scheduled for Feb 11, got this email on 24th Jan after applying on the 13th DEC 2018... good luck everyone who is still waiting.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Congratulations, @ashishanshu232, @luzd0405 and @LeeAH! Happy landings and happy new beginnings!

To echo what @USProgrammer said about invitation rounds, @xnitkam, I've been encouraging friends to apply before the draw numbers push beyond infinity, but no matter how young or educated you are, it appears the only way you can be invited now without a provincial nomination is to be bilingual (the number one points booster if you're applying from outside of Canada), or have Canadian work experience and/or a Canadian diploma or degree. Depending on your points, having a sibling in Canada could also help you get over the line.

For those NOCs that are not on the shortlist for Ontario's PNP, people will need to look at other provinces that are still trying to attract such candidates. Speaking of which, is there a good one-stop-shop to do all your PNP research or only the individual PNP sites? It seems very fragmented.

Last edited: