+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Good Morning Guys,

Quick question: Usually how long it takes to IRCC ship back our passports with the documentation for landing? I checked the tracker that my parcel has been received in Ottawa this Monday but they did not ship it back yet (I also have the return envelope tracking number).

Any thoughts are highly appreciated. (Note: I'm inland in Vancouver so I have used Canada Post as requested).

Thank you,

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
Are you from SYDNEY VO my fellow?
I am indeed.

Sorry I was so excited I forgot to include ANY details.

CIO Sidney
AOR Dec 6th
Meds passed 29th April.

Have rung many times and they have sent a note on my file but have had ZERO follow up.

I hope this isn't just them updating my file as a response to my numerous queries.

Reactions: PrasadK

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I am indeed.

Sorry I was so excited I forgot to include ANY details.

CIO Sidney
AOR Dec 6th
Meds passed 29th April.

Have rung many times and they have sent a note on my file but have had ZERO follow up.

I hope this isn't just them updating my file as a response to my numerous queries.
Wow! Our cases are actually very similar. My AOR is 13Dec. Also a msg to VO was sent and then a response was received, but nothing ever since.

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Good Morning Guys,

Quick question: Usually how long it takes to IRCC ship back our passports with the documentation for landing? I checked the tracker that my parcel has been received in Ottawa this Monday but they did not ship it back yet (I also have the return envelope tracking number).

Any thoughts are highly appreciated. (Note: I'm inland in Vancouver so I have used Canada Post as requested).

Thank you,
My friend got it back a week, another got it back 10 days, they are all applied after me and got PPRs...

tarunraja1

May 22, 2019
Hello,
I had just written a post about it some pages back. I also moved back to my home country from Europe about a month ago and got no answer on the relevant webform (sent beforehand). I called two weeks ago and the address change was not taken into consideration. I was advised by a friend to write directly to my visa Office Ottawa and I did so but still waiting. I was planning to call IRCC again to check but calls are no longer transferred from Global Affairs.

I've heard about two cases where the change of address was never done. One of them is a good acquaintance who advised me to keep all the traces of correspondence about it. She could solve her issue by going directly to the door of her Local Visa Office with all the proofs that she contacted IRCC time and again asking to update the address and the local officer luckily accepted to take her case. Keep writing as suggested above.. I will do so myself if I get nothing back from Ottawa. I know it's so frustrating..

Good luck!

Update: Just got an answer from Ottawa my processing Office after my direct email to them. The address has been changed. It took two days to get their answer.
So I guess this does happen to other people too. I got the reply to my 2nd web form regarding address update last night as well! That took way too long. In your web form did you specifically request to change the Visa Office to your local one? And, is it possible to email directly to the processing office? Mine’s Sydney.

d1pasmak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Ten days after submitting my adr it changes from ''we are reviewing your additional documents'' to ''we have received your additional documents''.
Can someone tell me what this means.
Thank you guys.

Reactions: kzeed12

namrez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Guys need some help, if my passport is valid till Apr 2020 and my visa is valid till Dec 2019, can I enter Canada for soft landing with this passport in Novemeber (as it would have less than 6 months validity) ?

PLEASE HELP! I'm so lost :(

namrez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Means they have received the documents you provided. Next step would be then reviewing those documents.

Ten days after submitting my adr it changes from ''we are reviewing your additional documents'' to ''we have received your additional documents''.
Can someone tell me what this means.
Thank you guys.

Reactions: kzeed12