+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
Hey guys, Dec 14 AOR here, posted a couple times in the thread but my enthusiasm for PPR is wavering atm. Few questions for the veterans, if they will be kind enough to help me out

1. I really cant seem to get hold of any way to contact IRCC. Applied through Sydney, Aus. The number here would NOT let me talk to a human operator, only email. I have emailed them twice, both unsuccessfully, without a reply, 3 weeks approx now. Anyone know of any other way to contact? Someone mentioned something about Google Hangouts but unsure what to do with that?

2) Moved to IP2 yesterday. Is that any sign of anything? Ralphs email last month mentioned criminality pass, security and eligibility not started. Any idea if IP2 would mean one of the 2 would have started now?

Thanks guys, and may we all get our golden emails soon !

d6k5d3

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Guys, received GCMS notes second time. MI3 section shows REVIEW REQUIRED UNDER PROOF OF FUNDS, however, ASSESSMENT section is showing eligibility is met!Is this okay?

Guess what... security still not started :(

Reactions: ladyday

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon You mentioned that if we leave Canada before our PR cards arrive, we need to apply for PRTD. We were planning to have them mailed to us by relatives. Are there any issues with that?
If you ship your PR card, it is subject to confiscation by CBSA. I wrote a post when some fly by night websites started advertising PR shipping services, re-posting it here:

Some companies are advertising settlement services, and as a part of this are offering shipping of PR Cards. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canadian Immigration Law) section 140 states:

140 (1) An officer may seize and hold any means of transportation, document or other thing if the officer believes on reasonable grounds that it was fraudulently or improperly obtained or used or that the seizure is necessary to prevent its fraudulent or improper use or to carry out the purposes of this Act.
If your PR card is shipped outside Canada, it MAY be confiscated subject to section 140 of IRPA. The lawful owner of the PR card can file an application to CBSA for the return of the PR card by filing the application <https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/…/forms-formulai…/bsf699-eng.pdf>

The same scammers will also show you a provision of the Canada Post Corporation Act and cite that as per section 42 only incoming mail is subject to search. Section 42 states:

42 (1) All mail arriving in Canada from a place outside Canada that contains or is suspected to contain anything the importation of which is prohibited, controlled or regulated under the Customs Act or any other Act of Parliament shall be submitted to a customs officer.
However, immediately after this, sub clause 1.1 states:
(1.1) On request of a customs officer, all mail leaving Canada for a place outside Canada that contains or is suspected to contain anything the exportation of which is prohibited, controlled, regulated or subject to reporting under the Customs Act or any other Act of Parliament shall be submitted by the Corporation to the customs officer.
Also, claims of having shipped numerous documents does not make an illegal thing legal, just because someone was not caught.

If caught, the PR Card holder has the onus to show:

• you were the lawful owner of the document before its seizure and remain the lawful owner;
• you did not participate in the fraudulent or improper use of the document;
• you exercised all reasonable care to determine that the person permitted to have the document was not likely to use the document fraudulently or improperly; and
• the return of the document would not be contrary to the purposes of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Apply your judgment and do not be fooled by such scams.

Reactions: wishmeluck

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
If you ship your PR card, it is subject to confiscation by CBSA. I wrote a post when some fly by night websites started advertising PR shipping services, re-posting it here:

Some companies are advertising settlement services, and as a part of this are offering shipping of PR Cards. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canadian Immigration Law) section 140 states:

If your PR card is shipped outside Canada, it MAY be confiscated subject to section 140 of IRPA. The lawful owner of the PR card can file an application to CBSA for the return of the PR card by filing the application <https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/…/forms-formulai…/bsf699-eng.pdf>

The same scammers will also show you a provision of the Canada Post Corporation Act and cite that as per section 42 only incoming mail is subject to search. Section 42 states:

However, immediately after this, sub clause 1.1 states:
(1.1) On request of a customs officer, all mail leaving Canada for a place outside Canada that contains or is suspected to contain anything the exportation of which is prohibited, controlled, regulated or subject to reporting under the Customs Act or any other Act of Parliament shall be submitted by the Corporation to the customs officer.
Also, claims of having shipped numerous documents does not make an illegal thing legal, just because someone was not caught.

If caught, the PR Card holder has the onus to show:

• you were the lawful owner of the document before its seizure and remain the lawful owner;
• you did not participate in the fraudulent or improper use of the document;
• you exercised all reasonable care to determine that the person permitted to have the document was not likely to use the document fraudulently or improperly; and
• the return of the document would not be contrary to the purposes of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Apply your judgment and do not be fooled by such scams.
Thanks for your reply. However, it is still unclear whether the shipment of the PR cards is "prohibited, controlled, regulated or subject to reporting under the Customs Act". Is there any particular rule regarding PR cards?

shege45

Nov 29, 2018
hello everyone..
finally its a ppr
aor: 29 dec
med clrd: 9 feb
ip2: 28 aug (ghost update)
ppr: 29 aug (mail) no chnge in account
it took exactly 8 mnth fr the completion
hope evryone gets the ppr soon..
How did you find out about the ghost update. Was an update sent to your mail or u just checked randomly

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hey guys, Dec 14 AOR here, posted a couple times in the thread but my enthusiasm for PPR is wavering atm. Few questions for the veterans, if they will be kind enough to help me out

1. I really cant seem to get hold of any way to contact IRCC. Applied through Sydney, Aus. The number here would NOT let me talk to a human operator, only email. I have emailed them twice, both unsuccessfully, without a reply, 3 weeks approx now. Anyone know of any other way to contact? Someone mentioned something about Google Hangouts but unsure what to do with that?

2) Moved to IP2 yesterday. Is that any sign of anything? Ralphs email last month mentioned criminality pass, security and eligibility not started. Any idea if IP2 would mean one of the 2 would have started now?

Thanks guys, and may we all get our golden emails soon !
Try Google hangout and call this # +1 613-944-4000.. Wait until the operators message gets over and you will be transferred from global services to ircc or choose options 1 1 1 for the transfer