+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Priyanka0390

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
How u got to know about your eligibility recommended pass through phone call or mail to ralph??
Because after I crossed 6 months on 28th June I called IRCC ND they told me nothing has started and she sent a reminder to them.I got a reply from them on 11th July as :
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

I mailed Ralph yesterday and got a reply :
Eligibility is in progress – recommend pass.

Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Does this mean that they have finally picked up my file ??
And now it depends upon the officer how much is he going to take??

That's crazy, I just got that this week!! Long after I was friendzoned...

Reactions: PRI2019@

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Called CIC on monday ,they told nothing has started..
Sent mail to ralph yesterday and got a reply eligibility is in progress-recommended pass and criminality , security not started..
Medical valid till sept
AOR : 28 Dec 2018
I also received reply from him
Eligibility and criminality recommend pass
But security isn't started yet... How long shall security take ?

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
How u got to know about your eligibility recommended pass through phone call or mail to ralph??
Because after I crossed 6 months on 28th June I called IRCC ND they told me nothing has started and she sent a reminder to them.I got a reply from them on 11th July as :
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

To answer dis question we need to ask experts... So please experts let us know!!

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Did both email and called. Nothing specific they mentioned, just a set formatted email, saying it’s in process and they will let me know if they need anything.

Thanks

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hello,
I m late on this thread. emailing RAlph, who is this person and how can they help.
Thanks
goodale@sasktel.net

Mail on dis Id...
Ask about the current status of ur application regarding eligibility, criminality, security n background check...
Do send AOR date, file number n applicant's name...

However, I think nw U'll get reply on Monday ... He'll speak to cic on ur behalf n draw all current information abt ur file... On weekdays he replies in few mins or somtimes within few hours... Do try!!

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Phone call. I also called after 6 months and nothing had started. Then was calling every 2 weeks. I guess same happened with your file if you were told recommended pass they picked it. Was told by agent security will take a while though. No one can tell how much because it's done by external intelligence not IRCC. From experiences shared here I see it goes anywhere between 3 days to months.

Reactions: Priyanka0390

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019

GCMS notes do not accurately show your application status.Even though GCMS notes say 'not started', officers are constantly working on your file but get delayed due to number applications to be reviewed by officer.
Criminality and security checks have not been initiated-When they say this, it definitely does not mean they are not working on your criminality and security. Criminality is generally determined first by program assistant and it is left with status 'not started' until Security checks are completed.
Currently in queue for review by an officer- They don't say this if it isn't under review. This time when officer checks your file and your security checks are completed, he will mark everything pass and approve it since your eligibility is 'recommended passed' already. God forbid, if he finds your security check incomplete or he determines your case need additional documents, it will go into loop.

I hope this answers your question.All the best.

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
GCMS notes do not accurately show your application status.Even though GCMS notes say 'not started', officers are constantly working on your file but get delayed due to number applications to be reviewed by officer.
Criminality and security checks have not been initiated-When they say this, it definitely does not mean they are not working on your criminality and security. Criminality is generally determined first by program assistant and it is left with status 'not started' until Security checks are completed.
Currently in queue for review by an officer- They don't say this if it isn't under review. This time when officer checks your file and your security checks are completed, he will mark everything pass and approve it since your eligibility is 'recommended passed' already. God forbid, if he finds your security check incomplete or he determines your case need additional documents, it will go into loop.

Thanku for this much clear understanding....Really appreciable..!!

Reactions: Abhi2056

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019

Some folks on this forum have got reply from Ottawa : Your file is under review and needs additional verifications : what does this mean mate?

Last edited:

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thanku for this much clear understanding....Really appreciable..!!
If you want a very detailed explanation of background checks I refer to you the excellent post of legalfalcon: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
Again there not a single way all this is happening and all remains an enigma.. I personally passed criminality at the same time as medicals while for some applicants it remains a bit behind.

Joeshu

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I have submitted additional documents in my account, but i can't see it now in my submitted document list. Is it normal?? I am not sure if i have submitted it correctly!!! Can i see it again anywhere

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
I have submitted additional documents in my account, but i can't see it now in my submitted document list. Is it normal?? I am not sure if i have submitted it correctly!!! Can i see it again anywhere
Someone had the same problem I think about a week ago and was successfully guided on how to do it. All I remember is that after uploading there is some "next" button that you should press and then it will be fine. Maybe try looking some pages ahead unless someone else comes to the rescue here.

Reactions: Joeshu

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
goodale@sasktel.net

Mail on dis Id...
Ask about the current status of ur application regarding eligibility, criminality, security n background check...
Do send AOR date, file number n applicant's name...

However, I think nw U'll get reply on Monday ... He'll speak to cic on ur behalf n draw all current information abt ur file... On weekdays he replies in few mins or somtimes within few hours... Do try!!

Thanks a lot... I already e-mailed. otherwise, who is this person and how can he can get inside information.

Thanks

Reactions: PRI2019@