+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Called IRCC yesterday and got an extremely rude agent. He was curt and said your application is at the same stage. The last agent had informed us that our background check has started but this guy said it hasn't. He said your eligibility is still under review. He then went on to tell me that Express Entry applications are now taking 11 months to be finalized and I shouldn't call the call centre unless I receive an intimation on my email account. I'm surprised these agents can get away with saying whatever the hell they want. Will call again in a few days but this is turning out to be a super annoying process.
Some agents are like that. In any case better way of knowing what is happening with application is to order GCMS notes.

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Some agents are like that. In any case better way of knowing what is happening with application is to order GCMS notes.
Yea we've received one set of notes where we found out that the POF is under review but everything else was good to go. It was last updated in May. We applied for another set a few days ago. Let's see what that says.

Reactions: cansha

raysflavor

Jul 31, 2017
If you don't get your lists signed/stamped by customs, you'll have to pay duties on anything you import. You're allowed to import your list duty-free as an immigrant.
Yep i know. what i meant is you do not have to have it typed out from home.(.I forgot to do a list). Everyone uses the self service kiosks at YYC when you land- so you can input goods to follow if you want-(general category- electronics,house item,baby stuff,etc) and the machine prints it out for customs to sign.

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello all, I have one query:

I have two options: one is Vaughan, Ontario and other is Edmonton, Alberta.

I am confused where should I move. I am a digital marketer and would like to do the same job there.

Can anybody suggest which city would be better for me?

Thanks in advance!!

Also, how long does it take to get back passport from VFS Chandigarh and can I book a flight without passport?
Digital marketer here too :) I heard Alberta jobs are mainly in the oil field, while I have no idea about Vaughan. Why did you pick these 2 cities in particular?

Reactions: ramanbhatti

shreya5391

Jun 14, 2019
Hey guys, I have a quick question, for proof of funds I have shown the fixed deposits I hold in my bank, however some of them have matured now but I have renewed them again. (It’s taking way longer than expected for this process) Will it affect the application? Should I do something about it other than just renewing them?

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
If your proof of funds is less than 6 months old it should be fine. Most people report that the agent doesn't ask for the POF anyway, but you are required to be able to show POF at landing.
Yes i have just updated them on 29-06-2019, so I think that should be find

aulakh2212

Sep 27, 2015
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this officeimmediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

Got this mail today.

What now??

vinayk

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cong
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

· Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this officeimmediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

Got this mail today.

What now??
Congratulations this is the PPR, You need to submit your passport and photos as per the specifications.

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019

1) Passports

2) Photographs

· Change in health;

Got this mail today.

What now??
Congratulations.. please share your AOR and VO

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019

1) Passports

2) Photographs

· Change in health;

Got this mail today.

What now??
Congratulations !!

Reactions: Shahanastar

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
Digital marketer here too :) I heard Alberta jobs are mainly in the oil field, while I have no idea about Vaughan. Why did you pick these 2 cities in particular?
Actually my relatives live here in these cities so I decided to go there. Also, for Digital Marketing, I will proceed as a freelancer only as I am currently doing in India and try to find a job in other field.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Its late for everyone, the average processing time has increased.
Yeah, they really need to reflect that on their webpage that shows the estimate of 6 months still... It's really disheartening for everyone who calibrates their life around this very important estimate