+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

phillcent

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
I wrote a post on RR, reposting it here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
@legalfalcon Thanks for the details

Please see below extract from my GCMS note:

SUMMARY NOTES: SETTLEMENT FUNDS INCLUDE TREASURY BILLS AND INVESTMENT FUND.EDOC: 260120760 - FUNDS, PROOF.A11.2: Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : APPEARS TO MEET FSW point total: 76 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Does this mean that it is only one Document that has issue? How do I know the document please?

@legalfalcon Thanks as I look forward to your quick response

DieneUmi

Jul 2, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Hello - How does one get in touch with Ralphe Goodale's office? What's the e-mail? I'm a Dec 04 AOR. Will they respond to me as I'm based in India or do they deal only with local applicant?
Thanks much
goodale@sasktel.net

I am an Indian resident too. I think it is the VO that matters. My VO is Ottawa. If yours is Ottawa too then you can try contacting his office.

Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.

phillcent

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
goodale@sasktel.net

I am an Indian resident too. I think it is the VO that matters. My VO is Ottawa. If yours is Ottawa too then you can try contacting his office.

Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.
I sent a mail to Ralph Goodale on ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca and I got the response below:

Thank you very much for contacting the office of the Honourable Ralph Goodale.

If you are a constituent of Minister Goodale in the riding of Regina-Wascana, your correspondence will be reviewed as quickly as possible.

If your inquiry is related to a Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness matter, your email will be forwarded to Minister Goodale’s Departmental office. For future information, they can be reached directly at hon.ralph.goodale@canada.ca.

If your inquiry is related to the status of your immigration application, you can check the status here, or you may wish to contact your own Member of Parliament (MP). To find out who your representative is, please click here. In the field under “Members of Parliament”, type in your postal code, a picture of your MP appear; click on their name to obtain their contact points.

Again, thank you for your contact.

With kindest regards,

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
Really recommend getting in touch with your local MP if you can. I messaged them yesterday, they replied immediately requesting info and called me today with an update.
They have a different number to call and obtained more detailed info. Up to this point, the CIC agents had always said 'Eligibility -further review required' but had always said that everything was in order and they didn't need further documents.
Local MP's office was able to find out that two of my employment records needed a bit further detail and digging (they still didn't need additional documents, but would investigate further). I then submitted additional documents through the webform that answered their queries anyway along with my T4's etc. Fingers crossed that triggers some movement.
AOR 6th December
MEP 29th April
Criminality passed.
Eligibility -under review
Security - not started

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Really recommend getting in touch with your local MP if you can. I messaged them yesterday, they replied immediately requesting info and called me today with an update.
They have a different number to call and obtained more detailed info. Up to this point, the CIC agents had always said 'Eligibility -further review required' but had always said that everything was in order and they didn't need further documents.
Local MP's office was able to find out that two of my employment records needed a bit further detail and digging (they still didn't need additional documents, but would investigate further). I then submitted additional documents through the webform that answered their queries anyway along with my T4's etc. Fingers crossed that triggers some movement.
AOR 6th December
MEP 29th April
Criminality passed.
Security - not started
Hello, what is the "Local MP" please and how can we get their contact infos?

Reactions: namrez

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: Pura Vida

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
Hi all, I just got the webform response and the following are what they said. Could anyone please suggest whether they are really saying anything useful or these are just the general way of reply. THANK YOU!

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
While the processing time may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

AOR Dec 19| MEP Jan 30.

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP

Have no idea for FSW applicants outside of the country - must be ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca or goodale@sasktel.net

But for inland, use the link and see who can help you. Or you may have a contact address in Toronto which falls within a certain constituency?

all thoughts. Good luck
Thank you, I believe it is more for inland applicants. Since I am an outland, I will have to contact IRCC through CSE or phone calls as usual. They get used to my voice I believe :)

DieneUmi

Jul 2, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Thank you, I believe it is more for inland applicants. Since I am an outland, I will have to contact IRCC through CSE or phone calls as usual. They get used to my voice I believe :)
Possibly. However, although I am also an outland applicant, I emailed goodale@sasktel.net and got a prompt action and reply. :)

Reactions: Pura Vida

Cauchy-Schwarz

Jun 6, 2019
AOR 6th December
MEP 29th April
Criminality passed.
Security - not started
How did you reach your MP ? By email at the address provided on the parliament website ? I am going to try this today or this weekend I think. I do believe it would probably not speed up the process but at least I'd know where my file is at. Also how do you call your MP ? Dear Mr X or your honorable or something else ? My local MP is no other than NDP leader Jagmeet Singh so I find this a bit intimidating.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi All,
Can anyone please help me with the number to contact CIC from India and what is the best time to call them. I have crossed my timeline on 27th June. I have tried calling the number +1 613-944-4000 from google hangout but everytime I got the automated message that no agent is currently available to attend the call.I have also filled up the Web form but haven't received any response.
Thanks.
Just keep trying. Sometimes it takes a long time. Use the directions in my signature and it will take approximately 2 minutes to either reach the queue or the message that says to call back later. They are open 7am - 7pm Ottawa time.

Sunshine1010

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Both my husband and I are British citizens and have jobs lined up in BC. We applied via EE thinking it would be the best way forward. Aor 12th Dec and our file was transferred to London visa office in March. 204 days today and still waiting.

Fustrated at the system, especially the lack of communication from them.