+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I have collected my passport and CoPR, and I am v impressed by the speed and efficiency of the VFS-NDVO combo. My counterfoil (visa) and CoPR were printed by NDVO/IRCC Delhi within a day of receiving my passport, which I have back in my hands in eight days all told.

I have some questions for people who have been through this already:
1. For people who need visas, does your counterfoil also not have a picture? I'm so used to Schengen and other visas that have pictures of me staring back that it was strange to see nothing in the space where there ought to be my handsome mug.
2. Did they glue on one picture to the IRCC copy of the CoPR and return the second picture unattached? What does this mean? Will the second one be collected by the immigration officer at the point of landing?
2.a. Both the pictures I submitted have the details of the studio on the back, plus name, DOB and date of picture. Could it be that my second picture was returned because they need one that's totally blank on the back? (I actually have several Canada-sized pictures to spare from the June 2019 and December 2018 batches, which I intend to bring with me to Canada.)
3. Does this mean the picture has been accepted and is unlikely to be rejected at the time of processing the PR card?
4. Were you curious to see "Surveillance Code 1" mentioned on your CoPR? Does yours have a different code? Is "1" the default for "non-shady" people?

@jay.pipalia @Abhi2056 @USProgrammer @northern sunshine @Abhiancha @Peacekeeper87 and others.

Last edited:

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I have collected my passport and CoPR, and I am v impressed by the speed and efficiency of the VFS-NDVO combo. My counterfoil (visa) and CoPR were printed by NDVO/IRCC Delhi within a day of receiving my passport, which I have back in my hands in eight days all told.

I have some questions for people who have been through this already:
1. For people who need visas, does your counterfoil also not have a picture? I'm so used to Schengen and other visas that have pictures of me staring back that it was strange to see nothing in the space where there ought to be my handsome mug.
2. Did they glue on one picture to the IRCC copy of the CoPR and return the second picture unattached? What does this mean? Will the second one be collected by the immigration officer at the point of landing? (I actually have several Canada-sized pictures to spare from the June 2019 and December 2018 batches, which I intend to bring with me to Canada.)
3. Does this mean the picture has been accepted and is unlikely to be rejected at the time of processing the PR card?
4. Were you curious to see "Surveillance Code 1" mentioned on your CoPR? Does yours have a different code? Is "1" the default for "non-shady" people?

@jay.pipalia @Abhi2056 @USProgrammer @northern sunshine @Abhiancha @Peacekeeper87 and others.
  1. N/A for me.
  2. Glued on, but I didn't see any others in the envelope. I assumed they kept the other one.
  3. It hasn't been processed for PR card yet. That happens after landing when they submit the application for you.
  4. Yes, I googled it and it just means no surveillance required.

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Not to demotivate you or something.. I had a ghost update last friday and still nothing... one agent told me it was some kind of glitch, another one told that something has updated...by the way... what's your aor and nationality? And did you moved to IP2?
my status is submitted since beginning ....but my background check and everything is in processing since 3 months.... but when i called ircc last week they told elegibility was met ... and criminality has started ... and security not started yet ... so dont know what to think as i called them on last thursday and also monday i dont know if it will b good to call again today
AOR Dec 3
indian

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
my status is submitted since beginning ....but my background check and everything is in processing since 3 months.... but when i called ircc last week they told elegibility was met ... and criminality has started ... and security not started yet ... so dont know what to think as i called them on last thursday and also monday i dont know if it will b good to call again today
AOR Dec 3
indian
Ohh...wait till saturday.... hopefully you'll receive something.. otherwise call them on monday... my case was same and only security was pending... so i thought my ghost update might be related to completion of security... I got high hopes lol but now I am feeling more depressed...my aor is 1 dec... I wish you good luck..

candices

Jun 14, 2018
Spoke to an agent a few minutes ago and was advised nothing was done on my account after Medicals and because I have passed the 6 months processing time she will send a message to Ottawa. But I wonder how effective that is, I did ask, and she advised all she can do is send off a message and I will have to wait and see if I get a message, :(

Last edited:

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Ohh...wait till saturday.... hopefully you'll receive something.. otherwise call them on monday... my case was same and only security was pending... so i thought my ghost update might be related to completion of security... I got high hopes lol but now I am feeling more depressed...my aor is 1 dec... I wish you good luck..
oh ok :(

Jaceson868

Feb 1, 2019
Spoke to an agent a few minutes ago and was advised nothing was done on my account after Medicals and because I have passed the 6 months processing time she will send a message to Ottawa.
Saw someone for Trinidad got through in 91 days on Immi trackero_Oo_Oo_O....still waiting, background check started.

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
It all goes to show that everybody is human... I just sent out the passport copy yesterday so I guess I'll hear back in two weeks... Man they really bash the "two weeks"!!!

That's an absolutely incredible story. I can't believe you got PPR in 63 days but then you couldn't get them to actually give it to you for 4 months. I am sorry you went through that. Congratulations nonetheless!

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Spoke to an agent a few minutes ago and was advised nothing was done on my account after Medicals and because I have passed the 6 months processing time she will send a message to Ottawa. But I wonder how effective that is, I did ask, and she advised all she can do is send off a message and I will have to wait and see if I get a message, :(
Exactly the same for me, the agent said will send a message to my VO but I dont know how efficient is this.

candices

Jun 14, 2018
Exactly the same for me, the agent said will send a message to my VO but I dont know how efficient is this.
Exactly.....I asked the agent if she is certain they will even act on her note to them, She said she can't speak for that as her role is just an agent and not an officer.

Reactions: Pura Vida