+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

KamKC

Apr 25, 2019
204 days and still waiting :(
Someone please tell me what to do.. still in IP2. As per cic agent it was approved on May 3. Have raised web enquiry and asked cic agent to followup .. no reply yet :(

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Just spoke to an agent.
Apparently my eligibility is under review and it hasn't been picked up by an officer at Edmonton. Review and Edmonton seems like an awesome combination which would hold my file forever.
I just have work ex from India and Canada for the same parent company. There is nothing more there :( criminality in progress and security not started. I guess they didn't even touch my file after medicals. :( I feel like crying seriously.. 197 days and counting... If pr applications are not priority for Edmonton, they should be transferred somewhere else.. the agent said they cannot even leave a note until someone picks the file up. Looks like i am in for a long wait.

Jun 24, 2019
Hello guys !!
I would like to ask u that visa office and CPC offices are different or same ? My file is at Edmonton visa office ... and I haven’t seen anyone getting PPR from there until 9-12 months ... really scared don’t know what to do ? I contacted local MP 2 weeks ago and he sent query to IRCC .. according to them eligibility is approved and background check is going on .. but online m still on ip1 and eligibility under review .. idk what to believe
AOR 3 dec
Medical- 14 Jan
No update afterwards ..
I am also being processed at the Edmonton office. I had an MP call and they said that applications take 8-12 months to be processed at that visa office once they receive the application. My application was sent there as part of work redistribution on Feb. 21.

Reactions: djangoboy

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
I called them again today and this time agent told me that you all the things are done and officer has updated something but she is unable to tell what has been updated...she told me to keep an eye on emails and account and infact told me to check that after every hour.. LOL( to increase my anxiety) , however she assured that I will receive something very soon... LMAO.. should I believe her??? I think not...

Reactions: JssAmA

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
Hey UsProgrammer

Sorry for the confusion on many fronts. I'll change it all to DD/MM/YY

The details are in some of my previous posts... Basically.

I applied on 18/12/2018. And basically had three ghost updates. As you know, the third ghost update "usually" means PPR the following day. Although that meant, an approval in 62 days which is not unheard of, I thought I should be expecting a PPR. However, nothing. I sent in a CSE and was informed that my application was approved and you should receive an email shortly.

A few weeks pass and nothing. So I call, per directions on this thread. Was informed that they see that the application has been approved, but for some reason they don't see any information on a letter sent. They ask me to wait for another two weeks and to call in at that time. They also mention that until the recommended six months pass, there is nothing they can do to push the system. (Now I am not claiming accuracy of that claim, but it is what was shared by one of the call agents)

I let it rest and call in again in April and the agent said that a second letter had been sent in April. I share with him that I have not received any email in any inbox or spam or junk. He goes to check my email address and asks me to confirm my email address. Of course there is an error as the last letter of my id is missing. He informs me that a PPR letter had been sent on February 20, the day after the third ghost update and another in early April. So 2 PPRs down the drain. I ask him how it was sent to that email as I've received other correspondence such as as status update emails in my regular email. He does say that he will update the email and that I should get a PPR on the next batch when the email is updated.

So I wait another two weeks. Nothing. I call again. Happens to be the same agent... (I recognized his voice... he was quite surprised that I knew by the voice and confirmed our conversation) He said, he would escalate it so that a more senior ranking agent would take a look at it, and to... you guessed it... call again in two weeks if there is no action...

And you better believe that there was no action in two weeks. I called again. Not the same agent, but after looking over my files, I was informed there is nothing that she could do as the case had already been escalated from call center level. I said, I am travelling for vacation for two months and want to make sure I can get the PR card before I leave. Her response was,, "You have until December to request your PR card so do it after you get back from vacation...) I did say that today is the six month mark and she should be able to escalate... and her response is the same... it is the same level escalation that is already on file.

The following Monday... I get the PPR (Golden Mail) in MY... not someone else's INBOX... Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion.

Lesson of the day!!!

1. Agents are not machines and they make mistakes
2. Agents must manually enter email machines to cue in the system for PPR
3. If you get the third ghost update and don't get your PPR, keep hounding the agents to find out where it is stuck... confirm the email address even if you've been receiving other updates on your email

Thanks everyone... Although I had received a PPR on February 20 and feel that I wasted four months, at least the process is almost at completion. Thank you to everyone for sharing all the information I gleaned. If there is anything I can do help, let me know.

Blessings,

Moey

Looks good. Congrats fellow US person.

Your signature has a mix of full dates "Dec 18, 2018" and US-formatted dates "2/12/19". Could you unify those to at least use the international format. I am also a US citizen, but I put everything in the normal DD/MM/YY that everyone else uses.

I don't understand. You said "golden mail" separate from PPR and it says "PPR to the wrong email address" with 2 separate dates.

What do you consider a "golden email" if not the PPR, and you're saying you got a PPR on February 20 and didn't realize it? If so, waht did you get on April 9? How was it different from what you received June 24?

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello guys !!
I would like to ask u that visa office and CPC offices are different or same ? My file is at Edmonton visa office ... and I haven’t seen anyone getting PPR from there until 9-12 months ... really scared don’t know what to do ? I contacted local MP 2 weeks ago and he sent query to IRCC .. according to them eligibility is approved and background check is going on .. but online m still on ip1 and eligibility under review .. idk what to believe
AOR 3 dec
Medical- 14 Jan
No update afterwards ..
same here eligibility is pass and background is gng on god only know when we will get they are very slow:)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hey UsProgrammer

Sorry for the confusion on many fronts. I'll change it all to DD/MM/YY

The details are in some of my previous posts... Basically.

I applied on 18/12/2018. And basically had three ghost updates. As you know, the third ghost update "usually" means PPR the following day. Although that meant, an approval in 62 days which is not unheard of, I thought I should be expecting a PPR. However, nothing. I sent in a CSE and was informed that my application was approved and you should receive an email shortly.

A few weeks pass and nothing. So I call, per directions on this thread. Was informed that they see that the application has been approved, but for some reason they don't see any information on a letter sent. They ask me to wait for another two weeks and to call in at that time. They also mention that until the recommended six months pass, there is nothing they can do to push the system. (Now I am not claiming accuracy of that claim, but it is what was shared by one of the call agents)

I let it rest and call in again in April and the agent said that a second letter had been sent in April. I share with him that I have not received any email in any inbox or spam or junk. He goes to check my email address and asks me to confirm my email address. Of course there is an error as the last letter of my id is missing. He informs me that a PPR letter had been sent on February 20, the day after the third ghost update and another in early April. So 2 PPRs down the drain. I ask him how it was sent to that email as I've received other correspondence such as as status update emails in my regular email. He does say that he will update the email and that I should get a PPR on the next batch when the email is updated.

So I wait another two weeks. Nothing. I call again. Happens to be the same agent... (I recognized his voice... he was quite surprised that I knew by the voice and confirmed our conversation) He said, he would escalate it so that a more senior ranking agent would take a look at it, and to... you guessed it... call again in two weeks if there is no action...

And you better believe that there was no action in two weeks. I called again. Not the same agent, but after looking over my files, I was informed there is nothing that she could do as the case had already been escalated from call center level. I said, I am travelling for vacation for two months and want to make sure I can get the PR card before I leave. Her response was,, "You have until December to request your PR card so do it after you get back from vacation...) I did say that today is the six month mark and she should be able to escalate... and her response is the same... it is the same level escalation that is already on file.

The following Monday... I get the PPR (Golden Mail) in MY... not someone else's INBOX... Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion.

Lesson of the day!!!

1. Agents are not machines and they make mistakes
2. Agents must manually enter email machines to cue in the system for PPR
3. If you get the third ghost update and don't get your PPR, keep hounding the agents to find out where it is stuck... confirm the email address even if you've been receiving other updates on your email

Thanks everyone... Although I had received a PPR on February 20 and feel that I wasted four months, at least the process is almost at completion. Thank you to everyone for sharing all the information I gleaned. If there is anything I can do help, let me know.

Blessings,

Moey
That's an absolutely incredible story. I can't believe you got PPR in 63 days but then you couldn't get them to actually give it to you for 4 months. I am sorry you went through that. Congratulations nonetheless!

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
gyus i got my very first ghost update .... i just hope its not a glitch.... hope its good news fingers crossed:)
Not to demotivate you or something.. I had a ghost update last friday and still nothing... one agent told me it was some kind of glitch, another one told that something has updated...by the way... what's your aor and nationality? And did you moved to IP2?

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Hi everyone, completed 197 days today but still received this response from IRCC:(:(

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

What do additional verifications mean ??

PatwaBobby

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi everyone, completed 197 days today but still received this response from IRCC:(:(

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

What do additional verifications mean ??

Is ur security cleared?