Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi @derkdsou , I hope you are doing well. Please the ready for visa email was addressed to you from Ottawa or from NDVO ?

Reactions: derkdsou

Jasmine Siddiqui

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-06-2019
Hi

There is this option showing in the documents submission page saying Replacement overdue and the document name is CLIENT ENQUIRY but havent receive any mail or msg relating to this in my account.

Due date was 19th june .. was does that mean?

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Totally agree with you on how heavy the responsibilities those officers are shouldering.
It's not a easy job.
No need to place blame or show resentment of any sort.
My philosophy would always be doing everything you can to distract yourself from checking your account every 15 minutes.
Eat, shop, hit the gym, or simply spend more time with your friends and family.
Things will pick up when they do.
I agree Angelica! And I wasn't blaming or resenting or making fun of the officers :) I know they are doing their job, and I chose Canada for its security, so I want them to scrutinize on all people they let in, I don't mind.
But you know I will feel much more relaxed if I knew that at least, at this point, I passed the eligibility. :) Once I know for sure that my NOCs are corresponding, I will feel so much relieved!

Jasmine Siddiqui

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-06-2019

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hehe No idea! For me I interpret the email as such:

Good day: Let's start with a courteous greeting that's an official correspondence... But
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer: Don't think that we have only your file to assess, we have plenty! So behave yourself and wait for your turn.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed: We are doing all we can here you know! So let us do our job. We are going to do it properly at the right pace and as it should regardless of how much time it will take.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file: No need to contact us again, and...
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum: Try not to contact us again and let us do our job.

Voilà!!!

No seriously. You know I worked as an officer myself in a central administration assessing projects for my country. I was drowning under their files! I had like 20 assigned to me each time and when one goes, two come along. It's not an easy task to give final approval and the responsibility is quite heavy. This responsibility made me and the team scrutinize everything because if something goes wrong in the future, they come to the officer, so assessment needed to be done as comprehensively as possible. Projects start according to the date they come in but then each one takes a different route depending on the 'priority' of the project, how big it is, and how long any additional needed information from outside sources would take to be available. Many times the following file in the queue was picked while another one was pending because waiting for new data (or review with senior). Almost everything needed to go through the approval of the seniors, who had other unrelated, more advanced tasks, so not many things could be checked at once with them. Each file had only one junior officer to whom it's entrusted but then this officer coordinates with his teammates, senior and any other internal and external departments, and organizes everything.

In other words, heavy bureaucracy! And I made the story very simple because many other things come into play (if a teammate has taken his holiday, if a file needs a more experienced officer, or a bilingual officer...)

So 2) file in the queue can mean anything: a. it is there for the first assessment by the junior officer appointed to your case; b. it is in the queue for the intermediary reviews with senior or with the other pending files waiting for additional info; or c. it is in the queue with the files for final checks and approval.
I think for 1) files are immediately assigned to a junior when they come to the department according to load (and, as I theorized before, region). But it could change according to new factors (like redistribution of work load).
I agree that the officer's job is not easy. We are just frustrated about our case but they on the other hand are processing 100s of cases everyday. So they should be under immense pressure to keep up with the workload.

Well, let's just continue to wait. Hope some day some mercy shows mercy on our cases and gets it processed :)

angelica2019

May 31, 2019
I agree Angelica! And I wasn't blaming or resenting or making fun of the officers :) I know they are doing their job, and I chose Canada for its security, so I want them to scrutinize on all people they let in, I don't mind.
But you know I will feel much more relaxed if I knew that at least, at this point, I passed the eligibility. :) Once I know for sure that my NOCs are corresponding, I will feel so much relieved!
I wasn't saying that you're resenting them. Just occasionally saw some people would get a bit anxious and grumpy in the forum.
While I completely understand what they're going through, I just feel there must be healthier ways to channel the anxiety.
Sorry for the confusion.

namrez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR- 7 Dec 2018.
Applied from New Delhi
CPC- Ottawa
Medical Passed- 20 Feb 2019
and no update after that at all. Got the mail directly today. So guys please dont lose hope, even if your application has not been updated since 2/3/4 months, you will still get the golden mail soon.!!!!
Congratulations!!

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
Hi @derkdsou , I hope you are doing well. Please the ready for visa email was addressed to you from Ottawa or from NDVO ?
Must be from Ottawa. Usually it comes from the VO which is having the file, like for example, I got it from NDVO. The timelines when you get such mails also vary accordingly. For example, folks from NDVO usually get updates like IP2/Ghost or PPR mail between 11AM to 4PM IST, whereas for Ottawa cases the updates usually come in the early hours of IST

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Must be from Ottawa. Usually it comes from the VO which is having the file, like for example, I got it from NDVO. The timelines when you get such mails also vary accordingly. For example, folks from NDVO usually get updates like IP2/Ghost or PPR mail between 11AM to 4PM IST, whereas for Ottawa cases the updates usually come in the early hours of IST
OK thanks for the clarification! Enjoy.

KatherineNunes

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
December 13, 2018
Med's Done....
January 23. 2019
AOR- 7 Dec 2018.
Applied from New Delhi
CPC- Ottawa
Medical Passed- 20 Feb 2019
and no update after that at all. Got the mail directly today. So guys please dont lose hope, even if your application has not been updated since 2/3/4 months, you will still get the golden mail soon.!!!!

@rohitsss Thank you. Yes hoping for the same. AOR Dec 13 here from Mumbai, India

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Congratulations to all the lucky PPRs: @rohitsss @Thylacine @Nazn73 @varshaaschubhm @nagendrab0! Party time!

It came from Ottawa - the first words in the email are "Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa", and I know my application was approved there because a) the call center could still look at my application, and b) they confirmed it was approved in Ottawa.
@Maya1515, @Pura Vida has a good point. My guess is that IRCC selects candidates for a re-medical when a) their anniversary of the medicals is fast approaching or has elapsed, or b) if they are aware (for whatever reason) that the processing of that case is v likely to exceed said anniversary. It could also be a sign that a PPR is imminent. It is confusing but I wouldn't worry about it until IRCC communicates to you about getting a retest, which may not happen in all cases as you have observed. In other words, cross that bridge when you come to it. :)
Based on the posts of @Raagrang and @legalfalcon about remed. Does IRCC ask for remed for all applicants who's medicals are due to expire soon or before landing? What if your medics are remarked as passed? Also does it mean people have to wait to get their medics passed again. I'm asking because my medics are also expiring early august.

Last edited: