+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
My AOR: 14th December
No update since medical passed

CPC: Ottawa
Response from Ottawa on query: your file is in queue for review by an officer.

I am so depressed. I am on a work permit and am waiting for the PR to come so I can quit my job. I absolutely hate my job and my employer is aware of my situation. I can't take this anymore
In exact same position as you. Desperate to get out of my role and can't without PR. Literally trapped. Hang in there!

SoonToBe

Jun 14, 2019
Yes friend we all will get it soon!!
All the best!!
VO is Ottawa.
Oh mine is Ottawa too! I hope I hear something soon :)
In exact same position as you. Desperate to get out of my role and can't without PR. Literally trapped. Hang in there!
Soon! Soon! It's so great to hear your encouraging words. Hang in there yourself!

These have been the longest 6 months of my life. I didn't really like the role but moved anyway thinking the PR would eventually come through and I could then move.

Reactions: gurjeetgill

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
AOR dec 16th, about three weeks ago I called CIC and the agent said eligibility, criminality has passed and security check is in progress. I saw a ghost update on the fifth of June. It's been more than a week and Still no PPR though.
I was originally planning on calling CIC again on Monday the 17th when my 6months is over. what do you think?
call them today or monday?

by the way, when the agent says eligibility and criminality is passed that's certain right?

ankushrastogi

May 9, 2019
Hi All,

I called the Immigration to get the update on my PR application which was due on the 3-june. The officer told me my application is at CIO Sydney. My Criminality and Medical is passed, Security - not started, Eligibility - Needs review as per GCMS notes ordered a month ago. I had a BC PNP nomination when i applied for EE program. I am located in Vancouver.

Anyone in the smilar situation/has any insight? I need this damn paper so bad.

Thanks,
Ankush

dec12aor

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Hi All,

I called the Immigration to get the update on my PR application which was due on the 3-june. The officer told me my application is at CIO Sydney. My Criminality and Medical is passed, Security - not started, Eligibility - Needs review as per GCMS notes ordered a month ago. I had a BC PNP nomination when i applied for EE program. I am located in Vancouver.

Anyone in the smilar situation/has any insight? I need this damn paper so bad.

Thanks,
Ankush
Could you please tell why there is review required ?

Reactions: derkdsou

Aryefc

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Brazil
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
yes I did! I emailed them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

However, their response was rather generic:

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
I was thinking about emailing them, but guess that's useless too.

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
You all are almost there guys. It could literally be any second now that you all will receive your PR. Just hold tight. The moment your PPR comes, all this pain, stress and anxiety you feel now is gonna feel so unnecessary. Happened to me as well. I am an indian residing in the US. My case was a crazy one. I got ADR for travel information and i had to do CSEs for changing my NOC after i realized that i have put wrong NOC, 4 months into the application process. 3 weeks prior to my 6 month deadline, i remembered about my US H1B petition refusal that i had failed to mention. On top of all of this, i attached a wrong document when i did my CSE for statutory question. After all this mess, i got my PPR 5 days before my 6 months were due complete. Its all gonna be over soon. They want you as much as you want Canada. Just believe and wait just a little more.

tramily

Apr 25, 2016
Hey guys
I received my golden email today....finally on my last date of 6 months processing time...i can't believe this that i received it just on the last day as my aor was 12 dec and today is 12 june.
Dont loose hope guys its on the way....
AOR 12 DEC
MEP 19 JAN
RPRF REQUEST 5 FEB
AND NO UPDATE SINCE THEN
DIRECTLY PPR REQUEST ON 12 JUNE

Congratulations !!

my AOR is 12 December too
RPRF request 7 Feb

really hoping to get it ASAP since my passport expires on Feb 2020 so the last date to be able to submit is July 2019 (since they require min 6 month passport validity and I can't really renew my passport :( )

all the best to your new life !

tramily

Apr 25, 2016
You all are almost there guys. It could literally be any second now that you all will receive your PR. Just hold tight. The moment your PPR comes, all this pain, stress and anxiety you feel now is gonna feel so unnecessary. Happened to me as well. I am an indian residing in the US. My case was a crazy one. I got ADR for travel information and i had to do CSEs for changing my NOC after i realized that i have put wrong NOC, 4 months into the application process. 3 weeks prior to my 6 month deadline, i remembered about my US H1B petition refusal that i had failed to mention. On top of all of this, i attached a wrong document when i did my CSE for statutory question. After all this mess, i got my PPR 5 days before my 6 months were due complete. Its all gonna be over soon. They want you as much as you want Canada. Just believe and wait just a little more.
What a motivation ! thanks for the support bud

Reactions: ankushrastogi

ankushrastogi

May 9, 2019

They better get me this PR, i kicked my H1_B status in the US because i was looking bigger picture.

Reactions: JoyForPR

tramily

Apr 25, 2016
Hello fellas,

Congratulations to all who received the golden email. I'm just curious now that i've joined the 6+ months team

I'm Egyptian applying via an agent in Dubai (residing in Dubai too) , I asked my agent for an update on April 4th and got the below,. so far no feedback but I've asked for an recent update on my CIC profile which hopefully I can get in the next 2 days. can you advise on my progression ? I'm starting to think it might take much longer because I traveled to 40+ countries which I listed them on my application.

VO: Ottawa

one more thing, my passport expires on 02/02/2020 and I believe they require a minimum of 6 months validity on the passport before stamping it... is this true ? I can't really renew my passport till 02/02/2021 because I have to serve military (mandatory military service for Egyptians for 1 year)

thanks and good luck to others who are in this ! :)

upload

upload