+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I feel you brother. Please do not let things get into your head. I would say keep ur self engaged and if you are in IT you can get some certification just like I am currently pursuing.
Thank you

Yes, I'm trying to not think too much about it but it's just tough.

Luckily, my parents have been immensely supportive and I owe them for keeping me sane during this depressing period. Otherwise, I would be pretty much lost.

Let's see how much more they will squeeze the patience out of me.

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
Crossed the 6 month mark. Last time we called IRCC (late April) we got to know the file was transferred to London VO from Ottawa. A prior call revealed that eligibility still under review, criminality passed, security not started. Is the file transfer a good sign? Also, just so tired of waiting, in limbo, unable to get on with life. Have ordered gcms now. Want to leave the job. Would I need to notify them about quitting job?

gurjeetgill

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I feel you. I am so depressed. I can barely get out of bed and go to work each morning. Today I was just weeping in my bedroom because it's the 6 month mark and I've heard absolutely nothing
Don't be too stressed. Even I crossed 6 months mark on 5th June. There were no updates since Jan for me. I was also kind of lost. But today I saw ray of hope when I moved to IP2 on 191th day. So please stay calm. I know its too difficult but you have to do this for your own self. In this waiting period I never called them because I felt that they would just give generic response after waiting for stressful time of 30-40 minutes, so, I just avoided. I raised CSE twice and ordered GCMS notes for the 1st time on 185th day. You need to find the ways which suit you to deal with the stress in a situation where we really can't do anything. I have made the target to pass 10 days and then to take stress on that 10th day and then on next day again back to the target of 10 days :p This helped me to pass my time without hairfall :D:D:D

b87

May 15, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2019
Passport Req..
My dear friends and fellow friendzoneds, I was just bumped up to IP2!

I'm cautiously optimistic because I do have an ETH and I wonder if I will have a prolonged background check, but I am going to ride this wave of excitement first and start worrying later. I'll be speaking to the call center to find out my status as soon as I have 30 minutes to spare. And, yes, when I checked my profile this afternoon it said "Application/profile updated" and the background check status switched to "We are processing your background check".
Happy for you brother.
Seems my stupidity worked in your favour.
So happy for you.
:)

Reactions: derkdsou

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Crossed the 6 month mark. Last time we called IRCC (late April) we got to know the file was transferred to London VO from Ottawa. A prior call revealed that eligibility still under review, criminality passed, security not started. Is the file transfer a good sign? Also, just so tired of waiting, in limbo, unable to get on with life. Have ordered gcms now. Want to leave the job. Would I need to notify them about quitting job?
What’s your AOR and nationality? My case is similar, file got transferred to London sometime in April. I complete my 6 months tomorrow. Did you notice any changes to your BG status during this time?

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Don't be too stressed. Even I crossed 6 months mark on 5th June. There were no updates since Jan for me. I was also kind of lost. But today I saw ray of hope when I moved to IP2 on 191th day. So please stay calm. I know its too difficult but you have to do this for your own self. In this waiting period I never called them because I felt that they would just give generic response after waiting for stressful time of 30-40 minutes, so, I just avoided. I raised CSE twice and ordered GCMS notes for the 1st time on 185th day. You need to find the ways which suit you to deal with the stress in a situation where we really can't do anything. I have made the target to pass 10 days and then to take stress on that 10th day and then on next day again back to the target of 10 days :p This helped me to pass my time without hairfall :D:D:D
The hairfall part is True though :p losing a lot because of anxiety :eek: :( I promised myself yesterday that i won't bother anymore till i get the golden email

Reactions: gurjeetgill

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
What’s your AOR and nationality? My case is similar, file got transferred to London sometime in April. I complete my 6 months tomorrow. Did you notice any changes to your BG status during this time?
Dec 11. Nationality and residence Pakistan. In IP2 since medical passed.

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
The hairfall part is True though :p losing a lot because of anxiety :eek: :( I promised myself yesterday that i won't bother anymore till i get the golden email
I need to just get rid of this anxiety, just stop thinking completely about it. No memory of it. Nothing. But how to do this? Tired of the uncertainty. Was a much happier person when I didn't even know about EE.

Reactions: Mallika S

SoonToBe

Jun 14, 2019
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement :D I hope we all hear good news soon!

What was your VO? :)

I am going to start doing some meditation or yoga. too much stress from immigration

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Thank you

Yes, I'm trying to not think too much about it but it's just tough.

Luckily, my parents have been immensely supportive and I owe them for keeping me sane during this depressing period. Otherwise, I would be pretty much lost.

Let's see how much more they will squeeze the patience out of me.
Good to hear that. Let me know if you are living in delhi- NCR region we can plan and meet.

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
My AOR: 14th December
No update since medical passed

CPC: Ottawa
Response from Ottawa on query: your file is in queue for review by an officer.

I am so depressed. I am on a work permit and am waiting for the PR to come so I can quit my job. I absolutely hate my job and my employer is aware of my situation. I can't take this anymore
Same AOR and VO. No updates till date.

Aryefc

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Brazil
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
My AOR: 14th December
No update since medical passed

CPC: Ottawa
Response from Ottawa on query: your file is in queue for review by an officer.

I am so depressed. I am on a work permit and am waiting for the PR to come so I can quit my job. I absolutely hate my job and my employer is aware of my situation. I can't take this anymore
Did you email CPC Ottawa specifically?

SoonToBe

Jun 14, 2019
Did you email CPC Ottawa specifically?
yes I did! I emailed them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

However, their response was rather generic:

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Reactions: chints333