FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2019
Passport Req..
Apologies for not understanding it properly.
I know what Friendzoned means, but somehow got it all wrong.
Honestly,i wish and pray that you get you PPR soon.
GBU.
P.S. My intension wasn't to hurt you or anyone. Sorry once again.

Hi, @b87, being 'friendzoned by Canada' is one of many jokes we came up with to swallow the bitter reality of going over 180 days. It definitely feels like being spurned by IRCC. Haha

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Folks, I just received a PPR. Check out my signature for all the details. Thanks in advance for all the congratulatory messages and honestly, because all of us here have already come across so many posts offering profuse solace and motivation to be patient, in order to avoid redundancy to the maximum extent possible, I am just gonna say- Congratulations to all the successful applicants and Best of Luck to all the waiting applicants.
I was almost about to lose hope and was on the verge of starting a job when I got the first update- the one with the Background Check.

A word of advice for those who are planning to apply and might stumble upon this forum - Don't quit your job until you receive your PPR. In hindsight
leaving my work prior to PPR was not a wise decision and neither was my calculation of days for application approval. The dense forest of speculations has some nasty fruits!

And also because I have been a member of CanadaVisa's forum (which by the way does not get nearly enough credit for providing such an incredible platform for communication among applicants) for a while now, I thought I would provide some clarity on the ambiguity regarding payslips and validity of work experience which have raised many queries in the past.
1) I did not submit any pay stubs,
2) I gained my work experience (one year full time placement) while I was an international student in England. So I think its safe to say the work experience that you gained outside of Canada while you were a full time student does count; the job has to be full time though such as a placement. These are the same issues that I was unsure about even till the day before I received my PPR.
Hope this helps.

Regards.
Congratulations!

Reactions: canadaspire

Ahmed_E

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi

Did anyone get ADR for "Supplementary information request for students" and "CV". After submission of this ADR did you order GCMS notes, I got this and am trying to understand why this is requested even-though I am not a student currently.
I did. You receive this request often if you have post-graduate studies and further relevant investigation is intended by IRCC, mostly ending up in comprehensive security screening. Sorry.

Ahmed_E

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
+1

I just got Friendzoned by Canada this morning.
You may not be the first to arrive but I'd still vote for you as the President of the Friendzoned. My first month in security screening ends today and a new one starts, such a hectic ride.

Fraternally,

Last edited:
Reactions: derkdsou

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,

Am new to this forum and came across this while trying to understand why there has been no progress on my express entry application for the past few months. I seek your help to understand if there is anything unusual about my application. The details of my application are as follows:
AOR Received: 14/12/2018
First Update (Request for additional documents - Marriage certificate): 26/01/2019
Additional Document Submitted: 21/02/2019
Medical Exam Passed: 21/02/2019
No Update Since
I have not been asked for any biometrics and my Background Check says Not Applicable.

My wife is the primary applicant as we had a better CRS score that way. My six months processing time finishes tomorrow. Please let me know if there is anything unusual about my application process that may be causing a delay and what should be my next steps once the six months processing time is completed.

Also, I'd taken my IELTS on 08/07/2017 and so it expires in a month's time. Will I need to retake it?

Really look forward to inputs and help.

Last edited:

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Hi All,

Am new to this forum and came across this while trying to understand why there has been no progress on my express entry application for the past few months. I seek your help to understand if there is anything unusual about my application. The details of my application are as follows:
First Update (Request for additional documents - Marriage certificate): 26/01/2019
No Update Since
I have not been asked for any biometrics and my Background Check says Not Applicable.

My wife is primary applicant as we had a better CRS score that way. My six months processing time finishes tomorrow. Please let me know if there is anything unusual about my application process that may be causing a delay and what should be my next steps once the six months processing time is completed.

Also, I'd taken my IELTS on 08/07/2017 and so it expires in a month's time. Will I need to retake it?

Hi, We have the same AOR. Dont believe you need to retake IELTS test again since you application is already submitted and since the delay is on the IRCC side this shouldnt worry you. Rest i am not an expert but thats my opinion. Senior folks would be in a better position to help you on this.

Reactions: Pruteik

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

No Update Since

My wife is primary applicant as we had a better CRS score that way. My six months processing time finishes tomorrow. Please let me know if there is anything unusual about my application process that may be causing a delay and what should be my next steps once the six months processing time is completed.

It’s normal. A lot of applications have crossed 6 months.
You don’t need to retake ielts since it was valid at the time of application submission.

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
Hi, We have the same AOR. Dont believe you need to retake IELTS test again since you application is already submitted and since the delay is on the IRCC side this shouldnt worry you. Rest i am not an expert but thats my opinion. Senior folks would be in a better position to help you on this.
Thanks!!

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
It’s normal. A lot of applications have crossed 6 months.
You don’t need to retake ielts since it was valid at the time of application submission.
Thanks!! Also, can someone tell me more about GCMS. What is it and how does it work? How can I check my application status through that?

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Guys,
Finally some good news in my profile!
Ghost Update - My application finally moved to IP2 (I believe)

Background Check: We are processing your background check...

Some Relief! #AOR5DEC
It is good to see updates. PPR soon I hope!

Reactions: JD20 and derkdsou

gurjeetgill

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Guys,
Finally some good news in my profile!
Ghost Update - My application finally moved to IP2 (I believe)

Background Check: We are processing your background check...

Some Relief! #AOR5DEC
Your VO please? And whether you are applying from India? I have same AOR. There were no movements for Dec 5 AOR Indians (as per myimmitracker).