+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

kashcan

Apr 11, 2019
Hi I just called IRCC, the automated menu took my details and subsequently says that its not able to locate my application!! im really worried.. i called four times and its the same reply.. any idea what that could mean?

Reactions: Puppytail01

Puppytail01

Jan 2, 2019
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2018
Hi I just called IRCC, the automated menu took my details and subsequently says that its not able to locate my application!! im really worried.. i called four times and its the same reply.. any idea what that could mean?
It happened to a lot of us this morning. I don’t think it means anything bad, like the application being lost or something. But I’m hoping it’s because they are working on the files . If you stay on to talk to an agent, they have information on the file.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I'm from the US (visa exempt) and I had to send photocopies of my passport biographic/stamp/endorsement pages. I also had to send photos, of course.
Yeah, but only copies of the passport =P

And the subject says "Ready for visa". I just feel like you'd get a lot fewer people asking "is this the PPR email" if we called it the ready for visa email instead

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018

m2can

Jun 4, 2019
Hi everyone...

After having waited for about 5 months patiently with minimal checks on my profile, I started frantically checking for updates daily with little success.

There is absolutely no updates since the medical passed status.

Found this incredibly helpful thread online and found out that there are many in the same boat as myself :)

Needed some clarifications through. Any comments would be appreciated:

1) The profile shows no biometrics needed? Is this normal or does everyone give the same?
2) How do you get to know your VO from your CIC profile? Or do I need to do something else?

Timelines:
ITA: 29th Oct 18
AOR: 24th Dec 18
MEP: 5th Feb 19
Background Check : somewhere mid march i guess but it changed back to your application is in progress from we are processing your background check. It has been the same since. (although I checked weekly or bi weekly, unlike daily now)

Cit/Res : India
Myself, wife and 2 kids, all included in the application

PS: checking it daily seems to stress me out more, not that I can help it

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi Guys,
I received an ADR for travel history details. However, I had submitted the details required while filing my application. Is this normal for them to raise such ADRs or is it that I have submitted some information which is not correct as per them?
It likely means that something you have said contradicts information in your application elsewhere OR you have not provided evidence of something.

For example, I claimed points for my brother in law as sibling in Canada but they removed my wife from my application. I got an ADR for family information because they couldn't see how I claimed relative in Canada.

Try to think what details might be missing from your application in relation to the other information sent. Perhaps a passport stamp for a trip you didn't mention or vice versa.

It could also just be that the information you sent was unclear to the primary officer and they want you to clarify

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi everyone...

After having waited for about 5 months patiently with minimal checks on my profile, I started frantically checking for updates daily with little success.

There is absolutely no updates since the medical passed status.

Found this incredibly helpful thread online and found out that there are many in the same boat as myself :)

Needed some clarifications through. Any comments would be appreciated:

1) The profile shows no biometrics needed? Is this normal or does everyone give the same?
2) How do you get to know your VO from your CIC profile? Or do I need to do something else?

Timelines:
ITA: 29th Oct 18
AOR: 24th Dec 18
MEP: 5th Feb 19
Background Check : somewhere mid march i guess but it changed back to your application is in progress from we are processing your background check. It has been the same since. (although I checked weekly or bi weekly, unlike daily now)

Cit/Res : India
Myself, wife and 2 kids, all included in the application

PS: checking it daily seems to stress me out more, not that I can help it
Being from India, when you applied, Biometrics were not required at that time so you still do not need to provide them.

You'd need to call IRCC for information about your VO and application status (ask about security, eligibility, Criminality)

Reactions: m2can

ruthio87

Apr 29, 2019
It happened to a lot of us this morning. I don’t think it means anything bad, like the application being lost or something. But I’m hoping it’s because they are working on the files . If you stay on to talk to an agent, they have information on the file.
Just given it a try myself and it's saying the same for me, so hopefully something is cooking!

Reactions: Puppytail01

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
Just got off the call with IRCC ... with 8 days left on the timeline and only medicals cleared I am very less hopeful of getting the PPR any sooner ... no checks have started for me yet.. only new inf I got is that my VO is Ottawa

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Yeah, but only copies of the passport =P

And the subject says "Ready for visa". I just feel like you'd get a lot fewer people asking "is this the PPR email" if we called it the ready for visa email instead
I got a "ready for visa" email and I don't need a visa, so I'm not sure how "only copies" invalidates my point (no offense). In any case, I don't think you're going to be able to change the global mindset of Canadian Immigration terms, but you can always try. :)

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
None of you need to do this! Just use the directions in my signature. 1-1-1 to get to IRCC. 2-1-1-0 to get to a representative through the "family sponsorship" menu options (same reps who will never ask you anything about family sponsorship). You don't need to enter an application number at all. It's the fastest way.
Never worked for me. I tried this even before this recent update (unable to find your application fiasco). :(

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019

This seems like a side effect (a bug) most likely due to the new visual updates they've made to our profiles. I am assuming they are making updates to the phone menu which ended up in a broken link within the phone menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: derkdsou

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Just got off the call with IRCC ... with 8 days left on the timeline and only medicals cleared I am very less hopeful of getting the PPR any sooner ... no checks have started for me yet.. only new inf I got is that my VO is Ottawa
Same situtation with 9 days to go to complete 6 months. No updates so far.

Reactions: derkdsou

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I got a "ready for visa" email and I don't need a visa, so I'm not sure how "only copies" invalidates my point (no offense). In any case, I don't think you're going to be able to change the global mindset of Canadian Immigration terms, but you can always try. :)
Ha, none taken. I would argue that given it explicitly states that if you're visa exempt they don't want your passport, it's hard to read it as a passport request =P

I'm just fooling with semantics though. PPR is still a poorly chosen name for an email that differs for everyone except in the subject IMO =P

Tahaj

Feb 20, 2019
I completed my 6 months yesterday... yay me.

Anyways, still the same, criminality and eligibility not started, security passed. I have been moved from CPC OTTAWA to the London VO. Should I be happy about that?

The say everything looks okay, and this is the normal process and time, but I'm freaking