CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Wow. The censors here removed my "alot" post. It wasn't even rude or anything.

EduardoGomes

Mar 28, 2019
Before I answer the delay part, we need to understand how GCMS notes are released.

GCMS notes are released under the Access to Information Act. Section 7 of the Act mandates that a federal agency should release the requested information (here GCMS notes) notes within 30 days of requesting it.

However, ATI Act, also provides for extensions in certain case or a complete refusal under section 26.

However, most GCMS notes are delayed due to one of the following:

1. Administrative delay - Mostly in cases where your application has been transferred outside Canada to the LVO.
2. You application is at the final stage and awaiting approval - Here IRCC will prioritise the approval over releasing GCMS notes.
3. The application is under investigation and the applicant has been called for an interview - IRCC will not release the GCMS notes until the interview is over since it does not want the applicant to know the reason for the interview, so that the surprise element is not lost.
4. Refusal under s26 - Very rare, but does happen

When the GCMS notes are delayed, all you can do is request IRCC and follow up with them or file a complaint as specific under section 30 of the ATI Act.
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Thanks for the insightful explanation!

Since I know there is nothing to worry about in my application, I'm going to stick with options 1,2 :)

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019
Internal Server error on LOGIN, anyone facing the same issues?

reddys

Jan 18, 2019
Hi All,
My Application is processing in wiinipeg Visa Office.

AOR-26th Jan 2019
MEP-8th March
CEC-Inland
BG status before MEP is NA
BG status after MEP is Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Till now BG is not changed but most if them it is changed to We are processing your background check and we will let you know if we need more information after MEP, i hard that Winnipeg is very slow? did any one had experienced the same? did any one had the same BG status as mine?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi, you have found your way to the wrong forum. You can find other applicants who applied in January in the January 2019 AOR forum.

Also, this may be of help to you: Explanation of Terms (v. 2019)

Hi All,
My Application is processing in wiinipeg Visa Office.

AOR-26th Jan 2019
MEP-8th March
CEC-Inland
BG status before MEP is NA
BG status after MEP is Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Till now BG is not changed but most if them it is changed to We are processing your background check and we will let you know if we need more information after MEP, i hard that Winnipeg is very slow? did any one had experienced the same? did any one had the same BG status as mine?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Not the news I wanted to see today. They didn't even say which one had the problem (PA + 1 dependent), nor what exactly the problem is. Do I just go back to the same visa photograph place and hope for the best?? Also, they didn't spell "Permanent" correctly in English.
-----
Dear Applicant,

This letter is in response to the documents you submitted to our office for the issuance of your Confirmation of Permanente Residence.

The passport photos you have submitted to our office do not meet the specifications outlined in the instructions provided to you. Therefore, new passport photos are required for the finalization of your Permanent Residence application process.

Please follow the guide below and bring the instructions to the photographer in order to ensure you purchase the correct passport photos. Once completed, Resend your new photos IMMEDIATELY in order for us to issue your Confirmation of Permanente Residence.

Please provide tracking number of the parcel within the next 7 days after the date of this correspondence by replying to it. If we do not receive your reply we will return your passport and other documents we received using the return envelope you have provided.

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019
Not the news I wanted to see today. They didn't even say which one had the problem (PA + 1 dependent), nor what exactly the problem is. Do I just go back to the same visa photograph place and hope for the best?? Also, they didn't spell "Permanent" correctly in English.
-----
Dear Applicant,

This letter is in response to the documents you submitted to our office for the issuance of your Confirmation of Permanente Residence.

The passport photos you have submitted to our office do not meet the specifications outlined in the instructions provided to you. Therefore, new passport photos are required for the finalization of your Permanent Residence application process.

Please follow the guide below and bring the instructions to the photographer in order to ensure you purchase the correct passport photos. Once completed, Resend your new photos IMMEDIATELY in order for us to issue your Confirmation of Permanente Residence.

Please provide tracking number of the parcel within the next 7 days after the date of this correspondence by replying to it. If we do not receive your reply we will return your passport and other documents we received using the return envelope you have provided.
Same thing happened with one of my friend in US, she got her photograph from Walgreens. Try CVS

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Same thing happened with one of my friend in US, she got her photograph from Walgreens. Try CVS
I got mine done at an actual Visa expediter place that has a 50x70 cutter and everything. He measured the head height with a mm ruler and everything. He knows the specs. I have no idea why they rejected it. I replied asking what was wrong, but I don't expect to hear back.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I got a reply to my asking what was wrong. I saw nothing wrong with the photos that were taken, however.
---
Dear Client,

Please ensure the background of the photos are completely white and placement adheres to the profile photo graphic provided.