+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Ghost update is called that because the status changes from "Submitted" to "Application/profile updated", before you click on the application. Once you click it, nothing has changed in the application status (you've been visited by a ghost). This is why we call it a ghost update. As soon as you click it, your status goes back to "Submitted".
Did you also get an email that your profile is updated or was it only when you logged in that you saw?

japs.sas100

Oct 1, 2018
We received our PPR this morning, with a invitation to attend either Halifax or Fredericton visa office to complete our landing. We are going Friday as I’m currently away working. I wish you all the best of luck in this journey.

Decision made 05/02/2019 - PPR: 20/03/2019
Nat:
UK/COR: Canada - Stream: Inland PNP-EE - App Rec: 03/12/2018 - AOR: 28/12/18 - MEP:11/01/19 - IP1: 28/12/18 - IP2: 24/01/2019 - ADR Rec/uploaded: 24/01/2019 - Military service record - Pre arrival letter: 25/01/2019 - Ghost updates: 24/01/19 & 05/02/19 - Principal applicant + 3 dependents

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Did you also get an email that your profile is updated or was it only when you logged in that you saw?
Ghost updates never have an email. I have a program I wrote that checks the status once hourly since MEP and it emailed me at 1pm central. So they ghost updated me between 12pm and 1pm central.

It saved me from having to check my EE portal 30 times a day and let me relax a lot more.

japs.sas100

Oct 1, 2018
Hi,
I am working in Halifax on closed wp. My Aor 13 Jan. Current they are processing my background check. Did you received ppr email or directly copr?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Ghost updates never have an email. I have a program I wrote that checks the status once hourly since MEP and it emailed me at 1pm central. So they ghost updated me between 12pm and 1pm central.

It saved me from having to check my EE portal 30 times a day and let me relax a lot more.
Thanks. Wish you all the best!!

Reactions: USProgrammer

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Just got off the phone with IRCC after getting my ghost update.

Visa office: CIO Sydney
Medical: passed
Criminality: passed
Security: passed
Eligibility: passed

She said she can't say it's officially approved until I get the PPR email, but she said that's all I'm waiting on. Everything is approved, confirming once again what we know about ghost update before PPR.

For all the people who say IP1/2 and ghost updates (including real IP2 after false IP2) are meaningless :rolleyes:, I'd say they're wrong, since my app at least tracked right along with everything we already knew.
Fantastic news @USProgrammer, this week is turning out to be a good week for PPR. I bet you get the golden email tomorrow.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Congratulations @USProgrammer All the best buddy for PPR email. We are having same NOC, almost same AoR date. We have been tracking each other's case at immitracker. Glad to see your progress. My app is still far behind you but it gives me hope that I may receive my ghost update then subsequent PPR email by May (hopefully).

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Congratulations @USProgrammer All the best buddy for PPR email. We are having same NOC, almost same AoR date. We have been tracking each other's case at immitracker. Glad to see your progress. My app is still far behind you but it gives me hope that I may receive my ghost update then subsequent PPR email by May (hopefully).
Yeah unfortunately, Indians in India seem to wait a lot longer than Indians in the US. I'm not sure if that's due to US/Canada information sharing or the visa offices or what. The AOR to PPR length is all over the place for Indians who reside in India. I hope for your sake that yours is on the low end!

Reactions: vinay16

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Ghost update is called that because the status changes from "Submitted" to "Application/profile updated", before you click on the application. Once you click it, nothing has changed in the application status (you've been visited by a ghost). This is why we call it a ghost update. As soon as you click it, your status goes back to "Submitted".
Woooooo i honestly had no idea what ghose update meant and i very well could have had one before now without knowing but i sure will keep an eye on my application status from here on. Celebrating your ghost update bruv. Your surelly getting the golden mail anytime now, but this means your gcm notss will be outdated! Hv u rdcdived that yet?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Woooooo i honestly had no idea what ghose update meant and i very well could have had one before now without knowing but i sure will keep an eye on my application status from here on. Celebrating your ghost update bruv. Your surelly getting the golden mail anytime now, but this means your gcm notss will be outdated! Hv u rdcdived that yet?
Negative on the GCMS notes. I expect those Sunday or Monday. I expected them to be out of date. I will see IP2 (previous set included IP1). I'll request another set after CoPR is mailed to capture the rest of what's missing, for my own entertainment. I hoped they'd be outdated upon receipt when I ordered them.

Reactions: Laumyl and derkdsou

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Negative on the GCMS notes. I expect those Sunday or Monday. I expected them to be out of date. I will see IP2 (previous set included IP1). I'll request another set after CoPR is mailed to capture the rest of what's missing, for my own entertainment. I hoped they'd be outdated upon receipt when I ordered them.
Loooooooool. That would be very entertaining, but really informative as well. Looking forward to that and hey, congratulations man, well deserved. Looking forward to your PPR/COPR post

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
That's what I'm hoping buddy...!!
Yeah unfortunately, Indians in India seem to wait a lot longer than Indians in the US. I'm not sure if that's due to US/Canada information sharing or the visa offices or what. The AOR to PPR length is all over the place for Indians who reside in India. I hope for your sake that yours is on the low end!

Sho_

Dec 31, 2018
Just got off the phone with IRCC after getting my ghost update.

Visa office: CIO Sydney
Medical: passed
Criminality: passed
Security: passed
Eligibility: passed

She said she can't say it's officially approved until I get the PPR email, but she said that's all I'm waiting on. Everything is approved, confirming once again what we know about ghost update before PPR.

For all the people who say IP1/2 and ghost updates (including real IP2 after false IP2) are meaningless :rolleyes:, I'd say they're wrong, since my app at least tracked right along with everything we already knew.
Congrats. How many ghost updates did you had?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Congrats. How many ghost updates did you had?
I think just the IP1 one and this one before PPR. The others weren't "ghost" since they had changes. Plus the IP1 one had an email accompanying.

Reactions: Sho_