+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I agree with @Peacekeeper87's thoughts on this. Since the requirement for Indian citizens to provide biometrics came into effect only on the 31st of December 2018, I will assume, like @Peacekeeper87, that because your overall application has an AOR date of prior to 31.12.18 it does not concern IRCC that you added your spouse to your application at a date later than 31.12.18. This means less work and less money spent for you and your spouse.

Also, it looks like they have refunded the biometrics fees for both you and your spouse? It is my understanding that Inland candidates are not required to provide their biometrics, in which case I was curious to know why they ever requested biometrics from either of you to begin with.
@Canadian_2_be , you got refund for both you and your spouse?
Are you from a country which made giving your biometrics a requirement before December 31st?

Nauman5199

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hey guys,

Received this message in my profile today;

Dear XXXXXXXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Although fees were paid related to biometrics collection, the following individual(s) is/are not required to complete biometrics assessment for this application at this time:
1) Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
2) Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
As a result, a refund in the amount of $85.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

I am a CEC inland applicant. My wife resides in India. I got married post AOR (AOR:Dec 21) and had notified IRCC about the change in marital status. They asked me to submit a kit including forms , evidence, etc. and paid the fees.

Question: Why is it that my spouse being a resident of India does not require biometrics?

Thoughts?
Dear,

I have a question, when u married post AOR and informed CIC. Did they recalculated your points based on married status, ur wife education and ielts or it temains the same ?

Regards,

chardDxb

Jan 11, 2018
Congratulations. Please we need more information. MEP, Dependent , stream etc...
Thank you.
Here is my EE Details and Timeline:
EE-PNP-O
Current location is UAE
Family member of 3
AOR - Dec 26, 2018
MEP - Feb 7, 2019
IP1 - Feb 7, 2019
ADR - Feb 14, 2019
IP2 - Feb 19, 2019
Ghost update - March 8, 2019
PPR - March 11, 2019

The weird thing is that I just requested my second ATIP/GCMS notes on March 10, then I was really surprised when I received the golden email the following day.

Last edited:

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thank you.
EE-PNP-O
Current location is UAE
Family member of 3
AOR - Dec 26, 2018
MEP - Feb 7, 2019
IP1 - Feb 7, 2019
ADR - Feb 14, 2019
IP2 - Feb 19, 2019
PPR - March 11, 2019

The weird thing is that I just requested my second ATIP/GCMS notes on March 10, then I was really surprised when I received the golden email the following day.
Congrats! I’m also based in Dubai. Would like to know if PPR was received in your account or you received an email from Abu Dhabi visa office?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Will be interesting to hear back from @Canadian_2_be - see his original post in which there are two people listed in the email where he's being refunded the biometrics fees. (Would $85 be the fees for one or two people?) The scenario seemed strange because my guess is he is an Indian citizen and also an inland candidate.)

@Canadian_2_be , you got refund for both you and your spouse?
Are you from a country which made giving your biometrics a requirement before December 31st?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Will be interesting to hear back from @Canadian_2_be - see his original post in which there are two people listed in the email where he's being refunded the biometrics fees. (Would $85 be the fees for one or two people?) The scenario seemed strange because my guess is he is an Indian citizen and also an inland candidate.)
Yeah strange, if he's Indian citizen, biometrics fee request shouldn't have been triggered, as he's pre-December 31st AOR.
But if he is from country where biometrics are required however, would still have had to pay the fee, even if inland.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thank you for sharing this, @chardDxb, and congratulations! Please consider creating a profile on MyImmiTracker.com so we can all benefit from your AOR to PPR experience! Also, where are you a national of? (It seems interesting since you haven't listed biometrics in your list of dates, which would mean you and your spouse are nationals of a country that didn't require them before 31.12.2018.)

Thank you.
EE-PNP-O
Current location is UAE
Family member of 3
AOR - Dec 26, 2018
MEP - Feb 7, 2019
IP1 - Feb 7, 2019
ADR - Feb 14, 2019
IP2 - Feb 19, 2019
PPR - March 11, 2019

chardDxb

Jan 11, 2018
Thank you for sharing this, @chardDxb, and congratulations! Please consider creating a profile on MyImmiTracker.com so we can all benefit from your AOR to PPR experience! Also, where are you a national of? (It seems interesting since you haven't listed biometrics in your list of dates, which would mean you and your spouse are nationals of a country that didn't require them before 31.12.2018.)
Thank you. I have already my immitracker and just updated my signature :)
I'm from Philippines and yes biometrics was not required from us since we submitted before Dec 31.

Last edited:
Reactions: derkdsou

Canadian_2_be

Feb 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

Yes I am an Indian Citizen and so is my wife. I reside in Canada but my wife resides in India. The biometrics fee was paid only for my wife because IRCC requested the same.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I received a PPR via email from Abu Dhabi Embassy, my status in my account still in IP2.
Thanks. My status on account remains the same since MEP/Biometrics. However I spoke to an agent last week who informed that everything has been completed except security which is in process. Just wondering if I’ll hear from them soon too.

Canadian_2_be

Feb 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Dear,

I have a question, when u married post AOR and informed CIC. Did they recalculated your points based on married status, ur wife education and ielts or it temains the same ?

Regards,
Nope. Nothing changed. Any changes in status after AOR does not result in re calculation of points.

arslan1990

Mar 12, 2019
Hey guys,

AOR 21st Dec 2018
Medical Passed 31st Jan 2019
After that nothing changed.

Is anyone who applied for gcms notes with same AOR and find any update?

Should I wait for 90 days or should I call cic ?

Jenkawkc

Jan 8, 2019
After how long do they request you for Biometrics? My friend got requested 2 weeks after MEP. Been waiting over a month post MEP and still no bio req and im pretty sure i need one. When did you get asked to submit biometrics? @Those who are in cec inland stream.

arslan1990

Mar 12, 2019
After how long do they request you for Biometrics? My friend got requested 2 weeks after MEP. Been waiting over a month post MEP and still no bio req and im pretty sure i need one. When did you get asked to submit biometrics? @Those who are in cec inland stream.
I got request same day for biometrics .FSW outland stream