+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

sani.awais

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys I received this from IRCC today CEC Inland Applicant. What does this mean??

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for 1:30 PM on MAR 16, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:

[IRCC Address]

Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:

Your passport

o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.

o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.

Two photographs for your permanent resident card

o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.

o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.

Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one

o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.

o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.

Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application

o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.

Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class

o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.

Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary

o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.

Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents

 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:

o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).

Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment

 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.

 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.

 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.

Does this mean I got PR?
Good afternoon,
Its good sign but make sure that you must bring all required documents with you and also confirmed about fee .. Once you clear this interview then decision will in front of you.. In mostly interview cases, they confirmed you on spot about decision .. So be confident and answer all interview questions as per your application filed..

Sidharth.299

Mar 11, 2019
Hi All,

I just received reply from IRCC with regard to my web form inquiry. Can anyone tell me estimated background check start date?

Good day Jay,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times.
Hi,

Can you guide me on how to use the web form. There are many options available to select and i wanted to raise a general enquiry about my application like you did but don't want to make an error while doing so. I sent an email on the help centre id but recieved no response till now. My AOR is of 8th December. Your help will be much appreciated

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
My fellow Dec AOR buddies,

Came to this forum after a long time. I am sure many of you would have received the PPR and many would be getting soon (Good Luck to all). As in my case, my passports with COPR would be coming to my address in a day's time (Courier return tracker activated). Wanted to share few pointers for your reference based on my experience . ( Very minor pointers but still it can save you couple of weeks and few hundred bucks).
1. Photographs : Those in US ,please make sure that you have Canadian specification photographs taken diligently.( I did it through Walmart first and then got a photo rejection letter. Have to do it again with Walgreens(who i found the most professional in taking canadian specifications). Have to spend additional 100$ in photos and courier fees.
2. Courier : Make sure you send the documents through FedEx. I had a return label created by UPS store guys but seems Ottawa folks didnt like the way it was created. So have to send another label in email with additional 50$ cost for shipping. I am still not sure what was wrong with return label.
Its not the money i am cribbing about but the time wastage and agony of wait to see if everything is going smooth. Overall it costed me 3 weeks in addition to shelling out some more money in couriers fees.

Overall this journey of mine giving the IELTS in Aug 2017, doing the medicals ( getting false results and retest again), getting transcripts validated, waiting for ITA and finally golden email is finally over. It surely was a ride.

Next adventure : Finding a job :)

Hope to bump into some of you in Canada.
Cheers and Lets the force be with you.

pingguo222

Mar 6, 2019
Hope you get the notes asap. BTW, there are 2 kinds of notes including Privacy Act vs Access to Information Act. Which one is the one we need to order? I have ordered Privacy Act, but I do not know if I was correct. I'm inland CEC.
it should be access to information act I believe

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Good afternoon,
Its good sign but make sure that you must bring all required documents with you and also confirmed about fee .. Once you clear this interview then decision will in front of you.. In mostly interview cases, they confirmed you on spot about decision .. So be confident and answer all interview questions as per your application filed..
I thought I was supposed to get PPR request, maybe because I am in Canada they are doing it this way. So weird.

Canadian_2_be

Feb 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

Received this message in my profile today;

Dear XXXXXXXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Although fees were paid related to biometrics collection, the following individual(s) is/are not required to complete biometrics assessment for this application at this time:
1) Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
2) Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX Date of Birth: XXXXXXXX
As a result, a refund in the amount of $85.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks.

I am a CEC inland applicant. My wife resides in India. I got married post AOR (AOR:Dec 21) and had notified IRCC about the change in marital status. They asked me to submit a kit including forms , evidence, etc. and paid the fees.

Question: Why is it that my spouse being a resident of India does not require biometrics?

Thoughts?
@USProgrammer @derkdsou any thoughts? Thanks

davinder2385

Jan 23, 2019
No updates on application still :(

AOR : 29th December
MEP: 11th Feb
FSW- INDIA
Resident of India
Current Status: IP1
Total number of applicants: 2

Anyone on same boat?
Any suggestions on current wait time?

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
I
No updates on application still :(

AOR : 29th December
MEP: 11th Feb
FSW- INDIA
Resident of India
Current Status: IP1
Total number of applicants: 2

Anyone on same boat?
Any suggestions on current wait time?
I have almost same dates like yours. I have got reply from IRCC for my web form inquiry and it is mentioned that they still are reviewing my eligibility and Background check has not started yet.

davinder2385

Jan 23, 2019
I

I have almost same dates like yours. I have got reply from IRCC for my web form inquiry and it is mentioned that they still are reviewing my eligibility and Background check has not started yet.

I did not yet raise any enquiry though.. but i wonder why the processing time has increased.. (Perhaps because of more applications):(

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
I did not yet raise any enquiry though.. but i wonder why the processing time has increased.. (Perhaps because of more applications):(
You are right brother. Processing time is increasing insanely nowadays. I recently met a person having AOR 10.10.2018 and she got back ground check started update on 06.03.2019. Looking at this case, we can get idea how slowly they are clearing backlog of application.