App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
So since I did not get any clear answer about where my application was standing and the Visa office, I've resent another message to CIC. Finally, I know the Visa Office Centre is Ottawa, but they did not start any verifications yet despite the generic message 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements etc' :-(

''Your application was received via your account on December 6, 2018, and it is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The responsible office did not start verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.''
Hope my application won't be refused in 3 months...

Vasi84

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Quick one guys.. now with all the speculations around , i have a question. As and when they start the background verification, do they also deep dive into dependants work history just the way they would for the primary applicant? Did anyone hear or know anything on these linea?

pingguo222

Mar 6, 2019
I encountered a problem that I can not use the online tool to check my application status - it
Not going to work unfortunately. October is barely a few months ago, not even half a year.
If you're good on eligibility and CRS points, my advice would be to avoid claiming points for common-law.
If you do, there is no doubt your case will be put for additional review (Review Required) for your common-law points, and will cause unnecessary delays.
Understand, thanks for your reply!

yuchendl

Feb 8, 2019
3 months passed and my estimated remaining processing time is showing 13 Weeks now.

I found a change in my account from the sentence
"You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
to
"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Does anyone find the same change as mine? Or, does anyone knows why it is? Is it a good sign or just auto regular change after 3 months?

rashii89

Jan 9, 2019
3 months passed and my estimated remaining processing time is showing 13 Weeks now.

"You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."
to
"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

Does anyone find the same change as mine? Or, does anyone knows why it is? Is it a good sign or just auto regular change after 3 months?

Yes i saw the exact same change when i entered 13th week remaining. Now wondering if its a standard change that happens at this point or they have really started processing.

Hiphop1

Jul 9, 2018

to

Same for me as well.

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018

to

Yes i saw the exact same change when i entered 13th week remaining. Now wondering if its a standard change that happens at this point or they have really started processing.
Same for me as well.
This is a standard change

Reactions: derkdsou