December 2018 AOR - join here

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
Just got off the phone to IRCC, spoke to a very helpful lady who confirmed my case was approved on 5th February which is when I received my 2nd ghost update. I will be asked to attend a inland landing appointment at the Halifax visa office where my PR will be issued. I am so happy, I just need to wait for my appointment which will be issued around 3 to 6 weeks after decision made.
Congratulations!

Reactions: TheNorms

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Got this reply in an email... This is probably a generic reply, though I had asked for specific information...

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied
  • The background verifications are not in process yet.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you.
IRCC is committed to reviewing most permanent resident applications submitted online within a 6-month time frame. Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within processing times.

Nkaur07

Aug 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
I called ircc call center this morning, I asked the lady about my case processing and she said to me everything is done including eligibility review and background check and the officer can make his/ her decision anytime. But there is no update since Jan 30, 2019 in my account. Does anybody have an idea, how long it will take and what's the stage?
Aor- DEC 19, 2018
MED PASSED- JAN 30
Back ground check processing began - Jan 30
CEC INLAND
visa office- Edmonton
Thanks,
N

Ayanfejossy

Feb 19, 2019
Except your PPR mail this week

Hello everyone,
I called ircc call center this morning, I asked the lady about my case processing and she said to me everything is done including eligibility review and background check and the officer can make his/ her decision anytime. But there is no update since Jan 30, 2019 in my account. Does anybody have an idea, how long it will take and what's the stage?
Aor- DEC 19, 2018
MED PASSED- JAN 30
Back ground check processing began - Jan 30
CEC INLAND
visa office- Edmonton
Thanks,
N

lurdy

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Abuja
Just logged in and saw my application/profile updated. So I clicked check status and I saw that background check changed from "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" TO "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Profile status now showing submitted again. What does this mean? AOR 29th Dec

Last edited:

Farmer11

Feb 16, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
14/12/2018
Just logged in and saw my application/profile updated. So I clicked check status and I saw that background check changed from "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" TO "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Profile status now showing submitted again. What does this mean?
Whats your profile? Aor? It can be ip2 or post ip2 depending upon your case

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just logged in and saw my application/profile updated. So I clicked check status and I saw that background check changed from "we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" TO "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Profile status now showing submitted again. What does this mean? AOR 29th Dec
This is popularly known as a "ghost update" on this forum. Generally a positive sign. In the past a ghost update was followed up by a PPR email within hours or few days but there have been many cases in recent past where people have waited months post a ghost update for PPR or sometimes even received multiple such updates.

In any case this is a sign that someone worked on your file and so a good thing. All the best!

amit2410

Nov 26, 2018
Faux IP2 to IP1

Reactions: derkdsou and HT8485

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
Hello Guys,

Recently, I noticed very strange thing in my profile. I have AOR of 26.12.2018. MEP on 06.02.2019 and since then I am in IP1. Till yesterday, the estimated time was 4 months which is almost 16 weeks. However, today when I checked my status, it is showing estimated time of 18 weeks which is 4.5 months. I am really confused about such increased timeline without any updates in file.

Can anyone tell me what could be the possible reasons for that?

Thanks in Advance.

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019

rody0988

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Hello Guys,

Recently, I noticed very strange thing in my profile. I have AOR of 26.12.2018. MEP on 06.02.2019 and since then I am in IP1. Till yesterday, the estimated time was 4 months which is almost 16 weeks. However, today when I checked my status, it is showing estimated time of 18 weeks which is 4.5 months. I am really confused about such increased timeline without any updates in file.

Can anyone tell me what could be the possible reasons for that?

Thanks in Advance.
It's normal. We all went through the same cycle.

Reactions: jay.pipalia

rody0988

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
I have put all documents as they required and applied as family of two.. There is nothing to be complicated. But As I can see, the remaining time has been increased then how I can expect PPR so early?
It's a family of 4 or more that gets recognized early. Most of the PPR received early have this common factor. I have applied with one dependent. It's not moving ahead for me as well.