December 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Reactions: mumbaikar88

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'd like to know your research behind this. I'm very interested because I'm at the other end of the spectrum with 100 trips reported (to roughly 35 countries). From private messages with about 20-odd other people with extensive travel histories (ETH) and a review of a dozen AOR forums, I found, predictably enough, that we cannot have one general theory about how IRCC treats ETH. There are a sufficient number of candidates who had reported 70+ trips and waltzed through the process. Equally, others speculated that an ETH held them back or was the reason why they were put into a security screening.

To add, the agent I spoke with at IRCC was of the opinion that there should be somewhat of a positive bias toward candidates who are seen to be entering/reentering certain geographies that are visa-based and selective (USA, Europe, Canada, etc.).
Research through people who reported to have got their PPR here faster than others.

80% of those did say they have 0 travel history!!! A few of them as you point out were citizens of EU and had not travelled anywhere outside Europe

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
You're making a bold theory that can easily be refuted. What do you say of candidates - and there are plenty - who have received a PPR without any perceptible delay despite an ETH? And what do you say of candidates that had very little or no travel to report and have been waiting 6+ months for their PPR?

As is generally the case with IRCC, the truly is inconveniently somewhere in between. According to the agent I spoke with, the foremost reason why someone faces an additional security screening is due to their name coming up on a watch list. I will speculate that IRCC/CSIS are interested in looking at the purpose of your travel and trying to find suspicious or erratic patterns (e.g., too many trips for tourism to the same destination), as well as assessing the risk profile of the countries you have visited and assigning you an overall risk score based on that.

P.S. I didn't say anything about being an EU citizen.

Research through people who reported to have got their PPR here faster than others.

80% of those did say they have 0 travel history!!! A few of them as you point out were citizens of EU and had not travelled anywhere outside Europe

Last edited:

USA2CA

Feb 12, 2019
(Only posted here)

Hi All,

I have submitted my application in December. I currently stay in US, and my visa status changed after I submitted my application. Did anyone had similar experience? Do we need to update CIC? I called IRCC but could not get any answer regarding this. Please let me know if there is a way I can send my updated visa copy, if required. Thank you!

Jun 28, 2015
Hey guys my timeline is as follows

AOR: Dec 21, 2018
MEP: no update yet

I received an email today as follows:

'Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.'

I logged into my account only to find no changes except that my progress bar says 4 months remaining.

Could someone advice as to why I would have received that email today?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hey guys my timeline is as follows

AOR: Dec 21, 2018
MEP: no update yet

I received an email today as follows:

'Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.'

I logged into my account only to find no changes except that my progress bar says 4 months remaining.

Could someone advice as to why I would have received that email today?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!
That's very odd. That seems you're in IP1 without having gone through MEP. You might want to contact IRCC (see my signature) and ask what's up with your medical.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I'm going to guess s/he has an MEP already and the IP1 email just jumped the gun? Maybe the MEP will show up in the next 24-48 hours...followed by or at the same time as a change in their BG status to IP1.
@joelpauljames713
That's very odd. That seems you're in IP1 without having gone through MEP. You might want to contact IRCC (see my signature) and ask what's up with your medical.

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks @USProgrammer !

Yes that does seem pretty odd. I will contact them tomorrow. My medical was done back in november, and I had called up the clinic to ask about the same. They told me that my medical was sent to CIC on Dec 08, 2018 and that there was no issues with my medical.

Jun 28, 2015
I'm going to guess s/he has an MEP already and the IP1 email just jumped the gun? Maybe the MEP will show up in the next 24-48 hours...followed by or at the same time as a change in their BG status to IP1.
@joelpauljames713
@derkdsou I hope so too. I've requested CIC to add my spouse into the application as well (My marriage was post AOR on Jan 3, 2019) by raising a CSE, which I am yet to be updated on.

rahul247rocks

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
6-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
I got a schedule A on Saturday. Uploaded it. Now it says Additional Document: Not applicable.

Background Check: We are processing
Medicals: passed