+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Greenlandfm30

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Are you really applying from Greenland?!

An RPRF usually doesn't mean anything this early on in the game except that IRCC is ready to proceed with the next steps of your application and wants your money before it does. There was a time last year when the RPRF came much later in the processing stages and usually meant that a PPR was imminent.
No I am from Bangladesh.
But doesn't RPRF mean my file is almost approved and now they need the fees to issue PR?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
No I am from Bangladesh.
But doesn't RPRF mean my file is almost approved and now they need the fees to issue PR?
RPRF request means you didn't pay it and they want your money before they go through the trouble of doing your criminality/security checks. You just delay yourself by not paying RPRF up front and apparently, it messes up NA2/IP2 to the point where you don't get to see those changes anymore, from what I've seen.

There's no reason not to pay RPRF upfront. They refund it if your application is denied prior to that point.

Reactions: derkdsou

Aryefc

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Brazil
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
RPRF request means you didn't pay it and they want your money before they go through the trouble of doing your criminality/security checks. You just delay yourself by not paying RPRF up front and apparently, it messes up NA2/IP2 to the point where you don't get to see those changes anymore, from what I've seen.

There's no reason not to pay RPRF upfront. They refund it if your application is denied prior to that point.
Where have you read that it messes up na2/ip2? As someone who has been stuck at IP1 I'm curious

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Where have you read that it messes up na2/ip2? As someone who has been stuck at IP1 I'm curious
Are you in IP1? What does your background check line say exactly?

Most of the RPRF requests or biometric requests I've seen make people go to IP2 and stay there.

SwethaBR

Sep 29, 2018
Hey guys, i got an update on my account today...
Estimated completion time gone down to 4months.
Biometrics were also updated on my account (I did these last month for a Working Holiday visa)

Application/profile details
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Only the highlighted text is new on the above.

I have also been requested to upload an IMM form to release personal info to someone else.

Surprised mt medical isn't showing as passed but I guess that might come in the next few days?
Let the waiting game begin! ;)
Hi.. I got a request for Schedule A .... Once I completed and uploaded medical status changed to pass...

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thanks for sharing, @Mk786. It's a good time as any to create a signature for your profile. Also, it's lovely to have someone from Mauritius in our cohort!
H

HI. AOR 14 december here. MEP 24 Jan. Biometrics completed 25jan.ip2 since 14 december.timebar shows 4months remaining

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Why not? I'm counting on it.

Please make a signature for yourself here and create a profile on MyImmiTracker.com, if you haven't already done so.
I've been following this thread but never participated, it's nice how ppl have become good friends without even meeting in person. Am wondering if ppl would meet up if we all get PR and start in the same province
Now you're dating yourself, hahahaha!
I realized that the wait is going to be long, I might as well chat with you guys. . The last time I chatted online was when Yahoo introduced Yahoo chat when I was in school

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hey guys, i got an update on my account today...
Estimated completion time gone down to 4months.
Biometrics were also updated on my account (I did these last month for a Working Holiday visa)

Application/profile details
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Only the highlighted text is new on the above.

I have also been requested to upload an IMM form to release personal info to someone else.

Surprised mt medical isn't showing as passed but I guess that might come in the next few days?
Let the waiting game begin! ;)
Did they ask you for IMM 5669?

Aryefc

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Brazil
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Are you in IP1? What does your background check line say exactly?

Most of the RPRF requests or biometric requests I've seen make people go to IP2 and stay there.
Something like we will message you when we start your background check.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

I got both RPRF and an ADR while on ip1, is that common?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I agree with @USProgrammer. People have really done themselves a disservice by not paying the RPRF upfront. Every RPRF request sent out by IRCC wastes valuable officer time and slows things down for everyone. In the rare instance that your application is rejected the RPRF is fully refundable.

You can see from the evidence in the forums right from September 2018 AOR that several people have paid their RPRF only to be met with months of silence. So where's the correlation with an imminent PPR? I wouldn't pay much mind to IP1/IP2 - it's all about the PPR after all.

xnitkam

Jan 4, 2018
Hello Friends,
Good luck to all who are waiting for updates to their profiles and of-course the PPR email. I called the IRCC number and after a wait of almost 30 mins got connected to agent.
My details are as follows:
Applied under EE with nomination from OINP and NOC code 2171 .currently residing in US
ITA - 15th Oct 2018 | AOR - 2nd Dec 2018 | MEP - 15th Jan | IP1 - 16th Jan| IP2(Background check in progress) 28 Jan 2019.

Following is what the IRCC agent responded:
Visa office - sydney , nova scotia
eligibility - met
criminality - passed
security - not started

Forum experts : Wanted to know what should i decipher from it in terms of eligibility and how long does the security take to complete?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello Friends,
Good luck to all who are waiting for updates to their profiles and of-course the PPR email. I called the IRCC number and after a wait of almost 30 mins got connected to agent.
My details are as follows:
Applied under EE with nomination from OINP and NOC code 2171 .currently residing in US
ITA - 15th Oct 2018 | AOR - 2nd Dec 2018 | MEP - 15th Jan | IP1 - 16th Jan| IP2(Background check in progress) 28 Jan 2019.

Following is what the IRCC agent responded:
Visa office - sydney , nova scotia
eligibility - met
criminality - passed
security - not started

Forum experts : Wanted to know what should i decipher from it in terms of eligibility and how long does the security take to complete?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.
Your PPR should be on its way soon. You are almost there