+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

I have a silent reader till now and would like to share our experience with this process. With this we expect to spread hope among people still waiting for their PPR.

Our (My wife and myself) AOR was 02 Dec 2018. We passed our medical on 12 Jan 2019 and then I guess IP2 around first week of February. After that no updates. We received our GCMS in June and it showed review required. Then in September 2019, there was an update stating we passed our medical (I guessed they extended our medicals). After a couple of ghost updates in September, we received our ready for visa email on 02 Oct 2019. We were blessed with our baby boy on 03 Oct 2019. So, we emailed Cic to update them about the family addition and within a week they asked for additional documents within 30 days. We submitted those in the first of Nov 2019. Received our 2nd ready for visa email on Christmas eve 2019. Sent our passports and photocopy of our baby’s passport along with photos on 30 Dec 2019 through FedEx.

Our passports were shown to be delivered on 31st December 2019 at Ottawa, but the delivery location was different. We called FedEx and they reassured us that it’s part of their process and since all of them are govt. buildings, receiving is just at a different location. We called cic to confirm if they have received the passport. Cic agent was great in explaining that there is no information yet but that can be normal, and we should call back after 14 days. On 9th January, the FedEx tracker got activated again, showed pickup at Ottawa and delivered the same day. Called FedEx again and was told they don’t know what happened but this time the delivery location is 365 Laurier Avenue. My best guess is they delivered at the wrong place the first time. We called Cic and they confirmed that they received our passports. Our application got approved, return tracker was activated and was supposed to be delivered on the morning of Jan 20, 2020.

On the morning tracking showed that FedEx delivered the package, but we never received it. Called FedEx and they said they will contact the driver. After 3 hours they confirmed that they have instructed the driver to retrieve the package and deliver it to us. We don’t know where the package was left at the first place. We finally received our package.

My advice for everyone (received their PPR or still waiting) to never lose hope and believe in yourself. I must admit that though our application got delayed, Cic were always very responsive and professional.

I would like to thank @USProgrammer, @SithLord (Best of luck) and @derkdsou for your positive attitude and guidance in even matters like how to call IRCC.

Country of residence: USA
Citizen: India
How did u call cic from usa? Can u plz share the number?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Passed remedical on 17 February, 2020. still no sign of PPR, what can possibly go wrong at this stage? Wish I could meet my lazy bone case officer !

Vyoma

Nov 23, 2018
My AOR is Dec 2, 2018. I received remedical request on 9 feb 20, completed it on 15 feb. i have already passes medical on 17 feb. then..........nothing yet. So sick and tired of this waiting. Any idea how much time next step might take?
I have a query. After the doctor submitted the documents how many days did it take for your status to change from your action is required to submitted? Any idea?

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I have a query. After the doctor submitted the documents how many days did it take for your status to change from your action is required to submitted? Any idea?
It took mine 3-5 days after the submission was done

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
If you have other active status visitor/worker then you can land in Canada based on that and do the PR landing later. Make sure you have enough days left on active status and provide the explanation. I have a friend who lived in Quebec and tried to do PR landing in Cornwall, the officer wasn’t convinced for his explanation to live outside Quebec and allowed him to enter on work permit(which was active) and then he did his PR landing in Thousand island a week later
Hello! Thank you for sharing your friend's experience at Cornwall. I was thinking of going to that POE, but I also lived in QC. Maybe it'll be better to do the landing at Thousand Islands or, even better, at Ottawa's office.
Do you know when that happened to your friends? Did he/she have to show other proof of leave QC while landing in Thousand Islands?
Thank you!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
How did u call cic from usa? Can u plz share the number?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/guidelines-to-call-ircc-cic-from-us.584666/page-2#post-8193866

These instructions no longer work since Global Affairs no longer transfers to IRCC.

The good news is that you can still call. Get the TextNow app and do not let it auto select an area code. Use 416 for the area code and it will give you a Canadian number. You can then dial the 888 IRCC number using data/WiFi in the app from any country.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I finally received my ppr today!
However, I’m planning to renew my passport before i submit it to VAC.. can anyone advise what i need to do in this case? Do i need to send my new passport to ircc first ?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
I finally received my ppr today!
However, I’m planning to renew my passport before i submit it to VAC.. can anyone advise what i need to do in this case? Do i need to send my new passport to ircc first ?
You should inform IRCC that are renewing your passport. Once issued, you should send the details of the updated passport via webform to IRCC and inform the vo that issued the PR too to be on the safe side; they are strict about the 30-day period so better inform rather than wait.

Naveenandtina

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
I have crossed 1 year 3 months today since Aor.
They havent asked for remedical yet.
But i did get a request for some travel history form, another proof of funds and renewed police clearance certificates! Its crazy...
It was all accepted by the verification officer many months back as per gcms.

I believe final review visa officer might have put up these comments.

Anyways, waiting still continues....

In between i had a baby and some delay was due to that.

Did everyone form December 2018 get ppr?

Dave007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I have crossed 1 year 3 months today since Aor.
They havent asked for remedical yet.
But i did get a request for some travel history form, another proof of funds and renewed police clearance certificates! Its crazy...
It was all accepted by the verification officer many months back as per gcms.

I believe final review visa officer might have put up these comments.

Anyways, waiting still continues....

In between i had a baby and some delay was due to that.

Did everyone form December 2018 get ppr?
WE ARE ON SAME BOAT BUDDY

NO UPDATE FROM THEM

NO ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS ASKED NO REMEDICAL

WAIT CONTINUES

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Me too ! AOR December 2, 2018. Passed remedical on February 17, 2020. Still no sign of PPR. From this forum members I used to know remedical request is a telltale sign of incoming PPR. I think if I ever get PPR it will set a record for most delay between passing remedical and receiving PPR.

Reactions: Y@$h

Dave Fuller

Mar 19, 2020
Hi there,

Would like to know if we submit the passport from 2 different locations will it delay the time frame of getting it approved for the PA and the dependant?