+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

fragrancesoul

Dec 1, 2018
Hi all. My AOR is 31st Dec 2018.
I received ADR in May 2019 which i duly responded. 1 again received a PF letter on 22nd August 2019 and i provided all the documents and proof in response.
Moreover i also ordered the GCMS notes.
  • 1st set ordered on 23rd July 2019 and received on 22nd August 2019.
  • 2nd set ordered on 15th Nov 2019 and i received the following email from the GCMS team
    • We have received a communication from IRCC wherein they have informed that in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. See section 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act.
      If you may have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
      Sincerely,
      --
      GetGCMS Team
Kindly anyone tell me what this email means? Additionally my medical also expired today and i am having review of medical results on my GC account as latest update. So far i haven't received any mail from CIC since 22nd August 2019.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi all. My AOR is 31st Dec 2018.
I received ADR in May 2019 which i duly responded. 1 again received a PF letter on 22nd August 2019 and i provided all the documents and proof in response.
Moreover i also ordered the GCMS notes.
  • 1st set ordered on 23rd July 2019 and received on 22nd August 2019.
  • 2nd set ordered on 15th Nov 2019 and i received the following email from the GCMS team
    • We have received a communication from IRCC wherein they have informed that in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution. See section 9(1)(a) of the Access to Information Act.
      If you may have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
      Sincerely,
      --
      GetGCMS Team
Kindly anyone tell me what this email means? Additionally my medical also expired today and i am having review of medical results on my GC account as latest update. So far i haven't received any mail from CIC since 22nd August 2019.
Since you have submitted all necessary documentation to IRCC, do not panic. This email is not uncommon; a number of notes are getting delayed because of the high volume of applications. Given that IRCC had asked for documents, your case mostly is placed under "Review Required." All you can do is wait for an officer to open the case. You could consider e-mailing the visa office since it has been almost a year. About medicals, IRCC may extend your medicals or ask you to re-do them too. The officer will decide after all steps (including security) are over. In the meantime, the wait continues.

I have been waiting for 14 months now but there is nothing that can be done to push this ahead.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hey guys! Been a long time!
AOR 13Dec here. Got PPR at the beginning of November, submitted my passport to VFS and then... check this out. Im just sharing my shitty experience here...
Following the passport, I also submitted a document changing my address and my life situation. Since Ive been living with my gf for over a year now, we are considered common-law partners. So I wrote on the paper and send it through.
One month later I received an email from MEXICO. Im in Brazil now...
They require me to send more documents regarding me and my partner. Its fine, but on top of it they want me to pay RPRF and application fee. Everything makes sense, but...my gf is not going with me to Canada yet! And I stated itin the letter as clear as possible. So now I call IRCC and they say they dont have any jurisdiction there and I need to contact embassy. I called embassy, they sent me to the VFS. The VFS sent me to embassy and IRCC. Nice circle eh?
Im losing my mind here, but still staying put.
We have decided to not pay the fees and send the documents to Mexico followed by an explanation letter.
Will see what happens next month.
I have tried to contact them via email, but...no response... They are busy af and I dont expect to receive anything from them.
Its been over a year and the fight continues

Take care!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hey guys! Been a long time!
AOR 13Dec here. Got PPR at the beginning of November, submitted my passport to VFS and then... check this out. Im just sharing my shitty experience here...
Following the passport, I also submitted a document changing my address and my life situation. Since Ive been living with my gf for over a year now, we are considered common-law partners. So I wrote on the paper and send it through.
One month later I received an email from MEXICO. Im in Brazil now...
They require me to send more documents regarding me and my partner. Its fine, but on top of it they want me to pay RPRF and application fee. Everything makes sense, but...my gf is not going with me to Canada yet! And I stated itin the letter as clear as possible. So now I call IRCC and they say they dont have any jurisdiction there and I need to contact embassy. I called embassy, they sent me to the VFS. The VFS sent me to embassy and IRCC. Nice circle eh?
Im losing my mind here, but still staying put.
We have decided to not pay the fees and send the documents to Mexico followed by an explanation letter.
Will see what happens next month.
I have tried to contact them via email, but...no response... They are busy af and I dont expect to receive anything from them.
Its been over a year and the fight continues

Take care!
Why the hell would you not add her to the application to get her there ASAP? You want her to have to do a totally separate application later??

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Why the hell would you not add her to the application to get her there ASAP? You want her to have to do a totally separate application later??
Well...We were thinking about sponsorship later, once she can come yo Canada. I have to ask, what is the difference?

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
If you add her in your application it will comparatively take lesser time, in sponsorship the minimum time is 12 months
Damn. I didnt realize it until now. Thanks for telling me that!
I feel like its the right thing to do then.
One more question. Since now my family has 2 people, I need to increase the amount of money to be brought to Canada right? Do I need to do it in my application or just adjust the amount in my bank account? Is there anything else that will change and I need to know about?
Thanks!

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Damn. I didnt realize it until now. Thanks for telling me that!
I feel like its the right thing to do then.
One more question. Since now my family has 2 people, I need to increase the amount of money to be brought to Canada right? Do I need to do it in my application or just adjust the amount in my bank account? Is there anything else that will change and I need to know about?
Thanks!
See, the thing is if you add her into your application there is just one risk and that is if for any reason her pr application gets rejected you will also lose your ppr, but that will certainly not happen, coz this thing only happens if she is a criminal

But the advantage will be that she will be able to go with you, once her application is approved both of you will get a second ppr

About the funds and all someone else should reply, as I'm inland

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
See, the thing is if you add her into your application there is just one risk and that is if for any reason her pr application gets rejected you will also lose your ppr, but that will certainly not happen, coz this thing only happens if she is a criminal

But the advantage will be that she will be able to go with you, once her application is approved both of you will get a second ppr

About the funds and all someone else should reply, as I'm inland
Also, if you add her in your application then she will be the secondary applicant
But if you take sponsorship route then it will be a different application altogether

But in adding her, you will have to wait as you can't land till her application gets approved

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Also, if you add her in your application then she will be the secondary applicant
But if you take sponsorship route then it will be a different application altogether

But in adding her, you will have to wait as you can't land till her application gets approved
Right. How long it may take? any ideas? Its been so long...haha

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019

Also...I forgot to add that she will not go with me...She has some things to finish in her country and she will join me later.

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Right. How long it may take? any ideas? Its been so long...haha
I have been waiting since 9 months
But that is the case with inland applicants
Outland applicants are getting it in 2-3 months

But i would say it depends on the visa office and case to case

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Also...I forgot to add that she will not go with me...She has some things to finish in her country and she will join me later.
See, you have informed them about it
Wait and let them reply
They might allow you to land and take the sponsorship route

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
See, you have informed them about it
Wait and let them reply
They might allow you to land and take the sponsorship route
I have many doubts.
I submitted my passport followed by a letter saying that she is not coming with me. And they sent me an email thats (I think) means she is coming with me indeed. Now I want to talk to them and change it, but they dont respond on my email.
Mess and stress but Im hoping for the best:p

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Well...We were thinking about sponsorship later, once she can come yo Canada. I have to ask, what is the difference?
If you sponsor her, you’re on the hook for her for 10 years, financially, whether or not it works out between you two long term. Plus it takes way longer. You don’t get to use express entry. It goes through Mississauga.