+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Just got another update. This time it says 'you do not need a medical exam'. This was after the ghost update couple of days ago (on the next day after medical expiry).

As read on this thread before this is a generic message before the officer will request extension or remedical.

@tanvir1982 did you get any update on your medical?

Disheartening to see that the ghost update I was getting excited about was just medical-related.
No, no update after medical expiry.
Sorry for late reply, don't usually come to forum frequently. haven't logged into CIC website for a long time. I am in withdrawal phase !!! getting rid of canadian dream !

PB29sam

Nov 23, 2019
Here it is guys, finally the golden email!
Received the email this morning. I cant access the portal anymore so cant really say if there are any changes there.

Honestly feels like a lid being taken off the pressure cooker. The amount of stress I, and everyone else has been through is unimaginable for the past 11 months! Not a single day passed by where I hadnt logged in and checked the portal for updates.

Hang in there guys, it seems like medical expiry is the tipping point. My medical expired on the 13th Nov and PR on the 22nd. My prayers are with you guys who are still waiting, may the golden email bless you all very soon.

My timeline if it helps anyone;

AOR - 13 Dec 2018
Medical - 13 Nov 3018
Biometrics Request - 29 Jan 2019
Biometrics Complete - 16 Feb 2019
Ralph Email - 08 Aug (Criminal complete, others not started)
GCMS - 05 Oct (Ordered but yet to be received)
Medical Expiry - 13 Nov 2019
Ghost update - 13 Nov 2019
Medical Status Change to 'you do not need a medical exam' - 14th Nov
Medical Update - 20th Nov Medical Extended
CoPR Email - 22nd Nov 2019

Thank you to all for the help, support, shoulders to cry on, and for the advice, and all I can say to you all is if medicals are expired its not too far away, seems if extension is granted PR is instant, if remed then furthest seen so far is only 2 months!

Please let me know if I can help you guys with any questions to be answered! God bless!
Congratulations @aumar1 Created account today to congratulate you.
I have been following your replies as we have similar timelines.
AoR - 6th Dec 2018
Med Expiry - 13th Nov 2019
I also have a question for you.
My medical status changed to 'you do not need a medical exam' today.
How will I get to know if they have extended my medical?
Thanks, Feeling Hopeful.

PB29sam

Nov 23, 2019
No, no update after medical expiry.
Sorry for late reply, don't usually come to forum frequently. haven't logged into CIC website for a long time. I am in withdrawal phase !!! getting rid of canadian dream !
Hang in there, sir.
I can also understand the withdrawal phase you are talking about. Beyond a point, it doesn't matter.

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
Congratulations @aumar1 Created account today to congratulate you.
I have been following your replies as we have similar timelines.
AoR - 6th Dec 2018
Med Expiry - 13th Nov 2019
I also have a question for you.
My medical status changed to 'you do not need a medical exam' today.
How will I get to know if they have extended my medical?
Thanks, Feeling Hopeful.
Thank you! If the medicals are extended it will say on the medical field. Mine said ' You have passed the medical exam Nov 20, 2019'. Its odd that it changed to 'you do not need a medical' today, I thought it auto does that straight after the expiry. Anyways hang in there buddy its not too much longer to go. If it helps, to cope with wait anxiety, I prepared myself in September that I wont get a decision before January, so therefore I planned my life not expecting any PR before Jan. Every 3 months I used to tell my head to wait another 3 months, I know its easier said than done but desperate times called for desperate measures hahaha, I had to keep myself busy

Reactions: Sam.nanreh

PB29sam

Nov 23, 2019
Thank you! If the medicals are extended it will say on the medical field. Mine said ' You have passed the medical exam Nov 20, 2019'. Its odd that it changed to 'you do not need a medical' today, I thought it auto does that straight after the expiry. Anyways hang in there buddy its not too much longer to go. If it helps, to cope with wait anxiety, I prepared myself in September that I wont get a decision before January, so therefore I planned my life not expecting any PR before Jan. Every 3 months I used to tell my head to wait another 3 months, I know its easier said than done but desperate times called for desperate measures hahaha, I had to keep myself busy
Thank you for showing some light, I am keeping myself busy very much.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I had totlally forgotten about it and then they sent me the email that my medical expired and that I had to get it done again. Then I started counting days once again. Got PPR 2 weeks after passing 2nd Medical.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Congratulations!
My remedicals also passed last week. This is the most annoying wait!
Hahah so keep your fingers crossed. You will get the golden email soon.
P.S. I got so sick of the whole thing after waiting for this long that I didnt even feel anything special after receiving PPR.

Reactions: Shahanastar

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Which thread should I join now? We haven't even decided whether we will move to Canada before the visa expires, or will just make a soft landing. It's hard to leave your settled life, job and home behind though. I know the grass is greener on the other side lol, but it makes me sad when I think about moving to Canada.

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Hi @USProgrammer! This is super urgent.
Today I got my copr letter which mentions that expiry date of my counterfoil is 2019/12/12.
It’s roughly just two weeks away. I want to request IRCC, if they can extend the expiry or get remedical done.
The thing is when I submitted my passport in the vfs office, the email Id of mine was mentioned incorrectly which I realised after few days, hence I did not get any email from Canadian embassy.
Is there a way I can contact them via email? Already raised web form, but it takes almost 7 days for them to acknowledge my request.

I checked my copr as well as ppr letter, not able to identify any email address. Where can I obtain it from? Please help. My visa is from issued Delhi.

Please if someone knows about this let me know.