+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

aamber

Oct 29, 2019
Hello everybody ,

I just signed up here in hope to get any helpful response with respect to my enquiry ragarding my on going PR application processing.
So I applied in Dec 2018 ( * yes , I know long time ago *) and passed medical exam in month of February 2019.
No update since then until I called IRCC last week , and they updated me with the information that my eligibility being passed but need to go through the security and criminality check .
So my first concern is
How long usually it takes the reflect the eligibility pass changes in my actual account ?
and
How long usually it talks to get people pass through security and criminality check ?

I really so appreciate your help , if any of you been through this or have anybody in contacts who been through this can share the experience or any appropriate steps you recommend me to take at this point.

Thanks

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hello everybody ,

I just signed up here in hope to get any helpful response with respect to my enquiry ragarding my on going PR application processing.
So I applied in Dec 2018 ( * yes , I know long time ago *) and passed medical exam in month of February 2019.
No update since then until I called IRCC last week , and they updated me with the information that my eligibility being passed but need to go through the security and criminality check .
So my first concern is
How long usually it takes the reflect the eligibility pass changes in my actual account ?
and
How long usually it talks to get people pass through security and criminality check ?

I really so appreciate your help , if any of you been through this or have anybody in contacts who been through this can share the experience or any appropriate steps you recommend me to take at this point.

Thanks
Eligibility passed will not reflect in your account. In fact even when people receive PPR email, that time as well online portal shows application is in progress.
Security and criminality should be in progress for you if eligibility is passed. It can get completed quickly in a week's time or it may take few months as well. There is no thumb rule to determine when it will be completed.

Reactions: aamber

aamber

Oct 29, 2019
Eligibility passed will not reflect in your account. In fact even when people receive PPR email, that time as well online portal shows application is in progress.
Security and criminality should be in progress for you if eligibility is passed. It can get completed quickly in a week's time or it may take few months as well. There is no thumb rule to determine when it will be completed.
Thanks for your reply , I appreciate you response on that .

would you be able to throw more light on this if you can, about the processing of application.

I am wondering about , like my application is processing in Edmonton IRCC office as they said , so in that case they distribute the security and criminality forms to particular places or stations and then those offices provide the reports back to Edmonton IRCC.
Or its other way like after the eligibility got passed , then the IRCC go further to process other stages on file processing.

** I mean all stages starts processing at the same time / or they are one after the other / or there is no sequence or pattern **

tanu912

Nov 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2023
AOR Received.
06-09-2023
Got this email today from the centralized intake office

Centralized-Intake-Office <Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca>
8:10 AM (23 minutes ago)

to me

Good day,

Your status enquiry, sent to our office on 12/08/2019 , has been received.

Your application is awaiting the review of an officer.

Notification will be sent in due course.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

I had already received a response to my enquiry on August 19th for this enquiry
and I had also submitted another enquiry in september to which i also got the same response as August

CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC) <IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Mon, Sep 23, 3:07 PM

to me

Good day Hitesh Kaul,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Has anyone else gotten a similar email. My Visa office is Sydney,NS fyi
Got same mail yesterday at same time as call centre agent raised enquiry on my behalf 2 months back. The only difference is that i had one more line written at the end...""The files are worked as per dates".

I dont believe Sydney ever works date wise lol...

Reactions: hitkaul1987

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
So Sydney ppl are note alone. For me its been 25 days since my remeds were passed. Its unbelievable.
My VO is CIO Sydney too and I passed my remedical 30 days ago!:confused:

Reactions: kdr91

hitkaul1987

Mar 6, 2019
Got same mail yesterday at same time as call centre agent raised enquiry on my behalf 2 months back. The only difference is that i had one more line written at the end...""The files are worked as per dates".

I dont believe Sydney ever works date wise lol...

I see, thing is after this CSE, I received an ADR to which I have responded to couple of weeks back, so the timing of this threw me off, since I would think they would be reviewing my ADR response based on the status update on my online account..so this message felt a bit unusual

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks for your reply , I appreciate you response on that .

would you be able to throw more light on this if you can, about the processing of application.

I am wondering about , like my application is processing in Edmonton IRCC office as they said , so in that case they distribute the security and criminality forms to particular places or stations and then those offices provide the reports back to Edmonton IRCC.
Or its other way like after the eligibility got passed , then the IRCC go further to process other stages on file processing.

** I mean all stages starts processing at the same time / or they are one after the other / or there is no sequence or pattern **
My understanding is that security is the last step to be done. Eligibility and criminality can go in parallel. In all my calls they said both eligibility and criminality checks are in progress for my case. But not sure if it differs based on Visa office.

About the security, they do have 3rd party checks where IRCC waits for them to give feedback. Since you mentioned your eligibility is passed, you need not worry as eventually security/criminality etc. will also pass.

Reactions: aamber and PrasadK

Mansi1414

Nov 22, 2018
Do these comments indicate anything particular? My background has started, so does it mean that eligibility is passed?

AOR-19th December

The medical passed is for my husband who i added as a dependent later

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • October 20, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

vesha1990

Mar 24, 2019
Do these comments indicate anything particular? My background has started, so does it mean that eligibility is passed?

AOR-19th December

• Not applicable.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What’s your visa office? Seems like they extended you medicals which is a good thing.... from what I understand, they won’t extend your medicals if you didn’t pass eligibility.

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019

AOR-19th December

• Not applicable.
Your application is likely approved. Just wait for ppr

aamber

Oct 29, 2019
My understanding is that security is the last step to be done. Eligibility and criminality can go in parallel. In all my calls they said both eligibility and criminality checks are in progress for my case. But not sure if it differs based on Visa office.

About the security, they do have 3rd party checks where IRCC waits for them to give feedback. Since you mentioned your eligibility is passed, you need not worry as eventually security/criminality etc. will also pass.
Thanks for getting time to reply me on that issue ,

so as per the discussion going around and on basis of your suggestions, i guess its not a bad idea to wait for probably another 2 weeks or so to get any update from them. If nothing showed up then there is a call to raise the web form or ask for one of those notes like GCMS or CBSA !!

The way i think is that , it should be more transparent . Like what is the purpose of doing online application processing if we are not getting any updates on the portal even not after finalizing whole application.